• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

IrishRogue

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

159 posts in this topic

oh boy here it goes.......I think the half life 2 series is over rated, I played all of the half life games, and I have no idea why everyone worships it as the holy grail of pc games, I have played plenty of pc games that I thought were much better. 

Some people seem to be listing extremely common opinions...got it backwards guys.

Anyway, I agree about san andreas, I nearly fell off my chair when it became apparent that most regard it as the best. I thought it was the WORST in the series... good grief.

I have one I kinda pride myself for... I like playing both dudebro games like call of duty and forza motorsport and unreal tournament... AND super japanese jrpgs and Visual novels and shit... I mean like both of those demographics always make fun of the other like they're the scum of the earth with no tastes, but I like both. derp.

It's kind of cool to hate on Final fantasy 7 now, but I always disliked it even when it was new. Game was way too easy, I hated the blocky polygons even when they were new, and I thought and still thinkt he music totally sucks for a square game. People say it hasn't aged well, but I truly never thought it was good to begin with...And why is the music so fake sounding anyway? I mean final fantasy tactics and xenogears had really good production of music, but ff7's sounds like it's all done on a cheap casio keyboard ffs.

Despite being an rpg fan since the NES era...I always thought it silly to play RPGs mostly for their story. Even ones with acclaimed stories like xenogears don't hold up to an actual novel. (or a VN I've since learned). That said the kiseki series might break that claim of mine. It's certainly on the right track, and once I get to play future chapters, I have a feeling it'll own in that regard.

Speaking of Xenogears, I do NOT think the story was ruined in disc 2, yeah it was rushed, that's for sure, but I think it was still well told, kinda like how xenosaga episode 3 is a rush job of 4 games in one, yet everyone knows that it's a good game...Speaking of Xenosaga, while I agree that 2 is the worst of the 3, I still think it's pretty good. Its music is my personal fave, I think the dungeon designs were great, I think the story was definately compareable, if not maybe even the best. The combat system isn't even that bad. It's just unusual.. yeah it's samey how you need to waste several turns and then blast enemies in one massive volley after you launch or down them, but traditional rpgs are just as samey.. use enemy's weak element nuke if available, otherwise fight.. cast heal when hp is less than enemy's power, repeat, no actual planning or anything required. My only grievance to the 2nd is the artstyle change. You have a super anime-inspired jrpg in the first game, then in the 2nd you try to make it look quasi-realistic? WDF?! stupid, way to alienate your fanbase.

Despite liking modern rougelikes (not just roguelites like FTL and binding of isaac, but actual roguelikes like DoomRL, sword of the stars: the pit, etc)...I think dungeon of dreadmore sucks. The music sucks, the inventory management sucks, the main character looks like an idiot, even the combat sucks. I mean once you kill your first monster zoo, you end up being too level'd and geared to ever have any issues with anything else except the NEXT monster zoo...The game is just one monster zoo after another with long gaps in time that provide no challenge or important decision making for hours in between...other than managing your effing inventory that has no organization sorting system thingies. ugh. The monster zoos aren't even hard either other than tedious.. peek your head around the corner, let 3ish enemies chase you, run away so you can kill em without attracting more, repeat, peek head around... soo time consuming without a tense endurance aspect.

Despite liking JRPGs, anime-styled games, including beatemups, and 3rd person action games like ninja gaiden, dark souls, whatever...I dislike fighting games, 2d or 3d...Just not my thing. Drives me nuts when I'm hanging around people into JRPGs, and we're all having a ball talking about otaku nerdy shit, then someone mentions a fighting game... they all pipe in and then I'm the 3rd wheel for the rest of the day.. blargh.

I'm sure I got more but enough for now.

edit:

oh boy here it goes.......I think the half life 2 series is over rated, I played all of the half life games, and I have no idea why everyone worships it as the holy grail of pc games, I have played plenty of pc games that I thought were much better. 

Y'know, I agree...Though I thought half life 1 was overrated too. I never did finish either game, I got bored of both.

GTA V... I'm getting quite sick of hearing about this game if I'm honest and they STILL haven't brought out the heists... STILL!!!! This game has actually really annoyed me. No heists and still takes forever to connect to the online. All I ever hear is "It's game of the year." It's a new year... Please bring out something new Rockstar. I'm bored of unfulfilled promises!

likes this

i have never been a fan of any metal gear solid game. way too many cutscenes and constant chit chat time wasting on the walkie talkies. just let me play the damn game... god!

and when you do get to play most MGS games, it's still top down bird's eye view of a 3D setting. i also don't like splinter cell blacklist but if an MGS game was 3rd person view camera like on that game i would be more willing to play them more.

by the time i got to MGS 3 and the same boring constant movies and talking drained me of my energy i gave up. ive never played mgs 4, and i probably never will, even tho i have it on the shelf. totally not bothered.

Vanilla Skyrim sucks, and bad too.

GTA, with Far Cry, is one of the most grossly overrated franchises ever exsisted.

I didn't like Half Life 2.

What's the deal with the last Tomb Raider? It was boring as hell for me.

I think Planescape Torment is not as good as many people say it is.

The Witcher series, another overrated franchise but i like it.

The Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced Edition is better than the original modded one (now that the bugs are mostly solved).

Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey are way better than The Secret of Monkey Island.

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis is my favorite console.

Mass Effect 3 is bad even not considering the ending.

I didn't like Half Life 2.

Wouldn't say that I didn't like it, but I don't think it deserved all the praise that people give it either. It was just another FPS with the physics engine gimmick.

and Orpo like this

I thought Beyond Good and Evil was mediocre in almost every way, in the ways it wasn't mediocre it was awful.

Without mods Fallout 3 is a bland world with bad writing and terrible gameplay.

Without mods Skyrim is a bland beautiful world with bad writing and terrible gameplay.

I watched every cut scene in Metal Gear Solid 4

I only enjoyed the first level of Half life 2

I was an early adopter for Infestation [WarZ] and played over 200 hours in pre alpha... you think that game is bad now  :wacko:

Warcraft and Diablo are over rated

I haven't pirated a game in over 5 years

Every Mario on NES sucked and the N64 was garbage lol

but i love at least 30% of the games mentioned by everybody but i dont need to defend them. we are all gamers and we can all have ones we love and hate.

Without mods Fallout 3 is a bland world with bad writing and terrible gameplay.

I forgot about that and i would extend the same reasoning to New Vegas.

Another thing, Bethesda and his associates didn't get their writing right since Dark Corners of the Hearth, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 have all pretty bland and dull stories in my opinion.

Origin isn't actually that bad.

Other than the lack of any reaaally cheap games, it's really well programmed, and I've never had any issues with it.

I'm a Nintendo gamer, and until the ESRB rating says "K" or kids, I will continue playing their games, which are rated "E" for EVERYONE.
I believe Nintendo games offer the most in fun, and capture the essence of what a game actually is. 
I have more positive memories with Nintendo games than any other games.

Because of the nature of the joke, the terms "PC Master Race", "Console Peasants / Plebs" or any variation of the sort should be banned everywhere. There are those who take it way too seriously and use it to just put down those who don't like or see things the way they do. Also, the joke's getting freakin' old and unamusing.

I would extend this to any terms or jokes that console gamers use to make fun of PC gamers too.

Like PC for being objectively better, don't be a dick about it and put consoles down because of it. Accept that not everyone is cut out to get into PC Gaming as its still needs an amount of technical knowhow to build, maintain and even run some games. If you can't do any of these, then accept that you're a PC Elitist, which is the PC's version of a Console Fanboy.

Just because you own more than one gaming platform, it doesn"t immunize you from being a fanboy which is still heavily dependent on your actions.

Uncharted 3 is the worst game in the series in my opinion.

The aiming feels off, like it was designed for a mouse.

Story bit more than it could chew and just felt dissapointing. Also, plot holes. Lots of plot holes.

Almost all bonus content from the single-player mode had been removed.

The expanded fighting mechanics rarely worked unless forced upon the player.

Because of the nature of the joke, the terms "PC Master Race", "Console Peasants / Plebs" or any variation of the sort should be banned everywhere. There are those who take it way too seriously and use it to just put down those who don't like or see things the way they do. Also, the joke's getting freakin' old and unamusing.

tough. a joke is a joke, and banning a joke isn't part of any democracy i have heard of.

tough. a joke is a joke, and banning a joke isn't part of any democracy i have heard of.

I didn't say to ban people, I said to ban the joke. Since a joke's a joke, I don't suppose "PC Master Racist Race", being another angle on that joke, is perfectly fine, and you shouldn't have gotten angry when I said it. Not to mention, PC Elitists don't take it as a joke either.

"PC Master Race" is the "Dead Babies" of gaming, the way I see it.

I am going to be a complete cheapskate and just quote all the ones i agree with.

I think some free to play games are amazing.

I think the call o dooty campaigns are fun.

I think the first Dragon Age was boring as shit. Decent story though.

I think the extended cut for Mass Effect 3 only puts a band-aid on a hole in a dam.

I think indie games can be better than AAA games and pave a way to a new gaming boom.

I think Kickstarter is great.

I think people should turn the free to play mmos into regular games when they shut down so people can still play them.

I think MineCraft is boring

Minecraft is rather dull.

ME3 Extended cut didn't fix anything.

- GTA 4 and 5 are way overrated and lost his Spark.

- Assassins Creed is boring, except for Black Flag. Was fun to play.

- Titanfall is fun for a short time but it gets boring quite soon.

- Destiny is a Overrated Borderlands clone with MMO aspects.

GTA V... I'm getting quite sick of hearing about this game

Vanilla Skyrim sucks, and bad too.

GTA, with Far Cry, is one of the most grossly overrated franchises ever exsisted.

Without mods Skyrim is a bland beautiful world with bad writing and terrible gameplay.

Origin isn't actually that bad.

Other than the lack of any reaaally cheap games, it's really well programmed, and I've never had any issues with it.

Not prepared to add my own that are not already listed.

Silverfox likes this

"PC Master Race" is the "Dead Babies" of gaming, the way I see it.

Yeah... Because that's what the PC master race is.... Lol some of the biggest games ever are out on PC.

World of warcraft, League of Legends, Counter strike GO (Yes it is on console but it sucks) and many many many more that you physically could not even try and run on a console. For a race of dead babies... I think we're doing alrite for ourselves don't you. Especially since League of Legends alone has at least 100,000 people watching it on Twitch at any given time.

Dead babies... You make me lol!

Now If I don't mind breaking up the little tiff here I would like to say go back to the forum subject instead of straying off into a completely pointless and meaningless argument!

Yeah... Because that's what the PC master race is.... Lol some of the biggest games ever are out on PC.

I have a feeling you're misunderstanding what I said.  I didn't mean dead babies in the literal sense, I was talking about "Dead Baby" jokes. I was talking about the term itself, not that the PC is a great gaming platform. The idea of "Master Race" is based around the idea of belittling another group supported by the belief that one is better. It's this sort of attitude that needs to go away from gaming, or everywhere altogether.

It's what I an aspect of what I was talking about in an earlier post in this thread about liking PC because it's objectively better and being a dick about it. Don't tell me that terms such as "Console Peasant / Plebs" weren't ever used to insult console players. "PC Master Race" and these two other "Jokes" were made to make fun of console players, and in even worse cases, just belittle and look down on them altogether.

It's PC Gamers going down to the level of console fanboys with their childish, petty arguments and completely unnecessary. If you think that PC is the best gaming platform and its the only one you choose to play on, that's totally cool. However, don't discount consoles and console gamers by using a term that belittles them.

The gaming community as a whole would be better off without terms like these along with "Filthy Casuals". If console gamers have equivalent terms to make fun of PC and PC Gamers, they should be abolished as well. So until that time, I will be using the joke "PC Master Racist Race" as a counterweight to that joke. (Forgot the term "Console Kiddies", but I think I've sufficiently explained the point I was trying to make.)

You might as well be saying that female gamers aren't really "gamers". Some people also say that jokingly, but like "PC Master Race" other people believe it and use it as a slight to female gamers.

Now If I don't mind breaking up the little tiff here I would like to say go back to the forum subject instead of straying off into a completely pointless and meaningless argument!

I find that saying why I think "PC Master Race" is the "Dead Babies" joke of gaming is very on topic, as it is clearly an unpopular opinion. Similar to "Dead Baby" jokes, I find the "PC Master Race" joke to be unfunny and uncalled for.

Agent of Darkness likes this

World of warcraft, League of Legends, Counter strike GO (Yes it is on console but it sucks) and many many many more that you physically could not even try and run on a console. For a race of dead babies... I think we're doing alrite for ourselves don't you. Especially since League of Legends alone has at least 100,000 people watching it on Twitch at any given time.

Dead babies... You make me lol!

He already replied to you so mine might seem redundant. But "I think you're misunderstanding what I said" was an excessively polite way of informing you that you quite obviously didn't get a darn @%#@#% about anything he was saying. Not to pick on you or anything, but just cuz reading that post was a bit of a groaner and you shouldn't think he's just grasping at straws for defense or anything at this point.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

I have a feeling you're misunderstanding what I said.  I didn't mean dead babies in the literal sense, I was talking about "Dead Baby" jokes. I was talking about the term itself, not that the PC is a great gaming platform. The idea of "Master Race" is based around the idea of belittling another group supported by the belief that one is better. It's this sort of attitude that needs to go away from gaming, or everywhere altogether.

It's what I an aspect of what I was talking about in an earlier post in this thread about liking PC because it's objectively better and being a dick about it. Don't tell me that terms such as "Console Peasant / Plebs" weren't ever used to insult console players. "PC Master Race" and these two other "Jokes" were made to make fun of console players, and in even worse cases, just belittle and look down on them altogether.

It's PC Gamers going down to the level of console fanboys with their childish, petty arguments and completely unnecessary. If you think that PC is the best gaming platform and its the only one you choose to play on, that's totally cool. However, don't discount consoles and console gamers by using a term that belittles them.

The gaming community as a whole would be better off without terms like these along with "Filthy Casuals". If console gamers have equivalent terms to make fun of PC and PC Gamers, they should be abolished as well. So until that time, I will be using the joke "PC Master Racist Race" as a counterweight to that joke. (Forgot the term "Console Kiddies", but I think I've sufficiently explained the point I was trying to make.)

You might as well be saying that female gamers aren't really "gamers". Some people also say that jokingly, but like "PC Master Race" other people believe it and use it as a slight to female gamers.

I find that saying why I think "PC Master Race" is the "Dead Babies" joke of gaming is very on topic, as it is clearly an unpopular opinion. Similar to "Dead Baby" jokes, I find the "PC Master Race" joke to be unfunny and uncalled for.

Didn't see your previous post so I apologise. However I still feel that the whole which is better should be dropped anyway. Console is for someone who just wants to plug the game in. PC is for someone who wants to play that game with better graphics and sometimes better performance.

Not every person cares about the extra performance and graphics so this "PC master race" thing and "Console fanboy" should just be dropped. Every single person is a part of the same community. Right now I have no idea what that community is but it is still a gaming community regardless.

As you can tell I'm not a fan of this subject being brought up but again.. Apologies I did not read what you previously said.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Does it count as an unpopular opinion if I think we shouldn't be arguing in this topic? The whole point is that were supposed to be posting opinions that >50% of people will disagree with, so at this point we've probably heard all the counter arguments and still feel the way we feel. Truthfully, the only reason I posted here initially is because the topic was in the Off Topic section and I figured it would get less exposure and therefore be less prone to arguments.

MrMadakey likes this

I guess another unpopular opinion I could think of is that, honestly, gaming is in need of more change than we think. Sure shady business practices are part of it, and yeah, there is some journalism that isn't great, but I think we also need to take a closer look at ourselves. These past few months have proven that gaming is still in its early stages of maturity, and as such we really need to rethink the way we look at games and the culture it has created. If games are going to be an art form we do need to look down into the nitty gritty of them and elements we need to stop putting into them, whether it be gameplay and/or story telling mechanics. We also need to realize that more people than ever are "gamers", whether they play on console, PC, mobile, tablet, etc. and as such that a wider demographic means more needs to be done to appeal to them. Most of this stuff I am getting from the likes of Extra Credits, Jim Sterling, Movie Bob and other people who talk about this stuff in one fashion or another but I do think they make good points. If gaming wants to evolve it needs to reflect on itself and the positive and negative aspects it has.

Silverfox likes this

Assassin's Creed 3, in my opinion, is my favorite AC game and Connor is by far my favorite assassin. I won't go into further detail since there is a finite amount of time in the universe, but I do know I am not the only who thinks this.

I like Warhammer 40K much more than StarCraft.

I also think Starcraft is overrated in the RTS department.

I think Valve is a lazy game developer and is over praised.

I think Halo is a bit hollow and cheap. (But I like the 1-3)

I think Destiny is a giant piece of shit.

I like Mass Effect 2 more than 1.

Dead Space 2 is my favorite Dead Space.

I think Bioshock Infinite is disappointing and lame.

I actually like RE5 and 6.

I think EA gets to much shit, and I kinda like them a bit. (Microsoft is the real villain.)

Starfox Adventures is the coolest Starfox game.

My favorite LoZ game is Twilight Princess over OoT.

I might think of more after I stop thinking of more.

Agent of Darkness and Maghorn like this

I like the majority of Call of Duty campaigns.

Skyrim is a nice looking world and thats it. Everything else is trash.

Batman Arkham series are boring.

Dragon Age is boring as hell.

Every Halo game is meh.

Dark Souls is not a game I needed to play.

Besides Bad Company 2, Battlefield is boring, brown and grey run of the mill shooter.

I enjoy sport games.

PC isn't easier than owning a console.

I don't enjoy Zelda games, for whatever reason.

Bioshock Infinite was an average shooter, only refreshing at times.

Assassins Creed 3 is by far my favorite AC game and Connor is the best Assassin out of all.

Assassins Creed 4 was terrible, and the ship combat it horrendous.

GTA V is kind of disappointing.

Mafia 2 is one of best games of the 7th gen consoles.

Minecraft isn't fun for more than an hour, even with friends.

Silverfox likes this