• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AngryBrute

I Have Been Blacklisted By The IGDA!

39 posts in this topic

i play a lot of video games, buy plenty on steam, played since i was 11 years old back in 1997, i have fragged plenty on FPS games on the internet and have owned every sony console except the newest, played lots of xbox related stuff, done some nintendo and so on.

yet i have absolutely no idea what IGDA is, or KFC, or gamergate. i think your reviews will do just fine.

The IGDA is the International Game Developers Association.

INB4 this thread gets locked:

I sent an email to Github saying that the repository is defamatory. Best case scenario is that they request that the publisher to remove the label of "harasser", and the IGDA follows suit.

I personally think you should be able to block whoever the hell you want, labelling someone as a "harasser" just for supporting GG is defamatory.

Well this is Stupid just because you disagree on someone political agenda does not mean you blacklist them or shut them up...

I really couldn't care less if people get blocked, I care more about the defamation associated with being labelled a "harasser" by the IGDA.

Glaice and Mad_Keith like this

I'm a little late to this discussion but I would just like to say that I enjoy your reviews. I want to keep seeing them and this list is clearly bullshit.

Sensing a shitstorm coming towards IGDA aka actual legal actions.

The first time people actually hear of them, and it's something negative.

Go figure.

Sensing a shitstorm coming towards IGDA aka actual legal actions.

They're not the ones who made the blacklist, but they are endorsing it

The IGDA is the International Game Developers Association.

still have no idea what this is. why does gaming need FBI / CIA like associations or groups? why can't companies just make games, and journalist companies publish reviews of those games.

i would assume the IGDA, whatever it is, is setup entirely to buy off journalist companies to get top rated reviews on the bad games they deliberately produce. of course that assumption may be wrong but here i am, a gamer, and i just play games and buy what i want. why does the gaming industry need an IGDA, KFC, MCDONALDS, GAMERGATE, bla bla bla.

i smell a lot of bullshit in the gaming industy today. A LOT, of bullshit.

DemonsColt likes this

Love the quote of "not a blacklist but a blockllist" while endorsing banning people from the industry based on the list.

Seems awfully alot like 1950's US with the "communist" blacklist or Soviet union and Nazi germany with their lists of enemies of state.

But that's just me. I'm sure that totally won't happen. At all. Ever.

What they don't realize is that by endorsing this blacklist (oh, I'm sorry, blocklist), they're only proving the GamerGate movement's point.

While we recognise this situation is negatively affecting our members our policy, which many of you whom have posted in this topic realise, is that we do not support discussions around gamergate because they, the discussions, have continually strayed away from anything gaming related, they become political and feelings are getting hurt. Discuss it elsewhere.

Another note; "in before the topic gets locked" is the most disrespectful thing you can do to a moderator. You're flagrantly stating you know you're breaking the CoC but simply before the topic is locked. If you know something is breaking the CoC our reasonable expectation is for you to report it not for you to contribute to it. With this standpoint made clear small punitive action is going to be handed out now and in future when people behave in this manner. You have been warned.

Mondez and Kaz32 like this