• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BlackFelyne

Xbox One Finally outsold Wii-U eh?

20 posts in this topic

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252217/xbox-one-outsells-wii-u-worldwide/

Well, I can say this, I love my wii-u, and I still play it more than any other system I own.
But I'm not even gonna try and defend it, seeing as I technically contributed to the numbers that outsold the system XD
Yay for having all three consoles for me.

Strange, last year I saw absolutely nothing about the WiiU that I wanted, but now it has some titles that are attractive to me.

Well I have both systems and I play the Wii U far more often. It's strange, I thought I'd be playing Master Chief Collection non-stop for two weeks. It lasted maybe 4 days and without matchmaking I went back to my PC and Wii U.

Well I have both systems and I play the Wii U far more often. It's strange, I thought I'd be playing Master Chief Collection non-stop for two weeks. It lasted maybe 4 days and without matchmaking I went back to my PC and Wii U.

The Master chief collection was one of my reasons for buying an Xbox one...too bad though that the matchmaking is broken to hell. technically got to play a few rounds of the halo 2 multiplayer though.

My Wii-U STILL gets the most playtime out of all my systems though, ps4 comes Second and my PC a close third. Bayonetta 2 and Smash bros I tell ya.

With games like beyonetta and smash brothers on the system now and with a new Zelda on the WiiU is quickly becoming a console very hard to say no to. I have the other two consoles and a brand new PC, so I need to complete a few games, but I think I will get a WiiU some point next year.

Maybe now Nintendo will realize pushing the system out a year ahead of everyone else, but without any games, is not a good tactic. Just ask Sega's Dreamcast division.

fridgeracer likes this

Maybe now Nintendo will realize pushing the system out a year ahead of everyone else, but without any games, is not a good tactic. Just ask Sega's Dreamcast division.

Some people still don't buy nintendo consoles just on name alone because of the "Kiddie" aspect they seemed to have adopted. If anything, I think they're lucky to have gotten this far with little to no third party support.

...And the power arguements.

My only problem with the Wii and Wii U is the controller. I hate that thing. At least there are gamecube controller adapters. Really until Bloodborne comes out Nintendo has the best games out on the market right now IMO.

My only problem with the Wii and Wii U is the controller. I hate that thing. At least there are gamecube controller adapters. Really until Bloodborne comes out Nintendo has the best games out on the market right now IMO.

the wii U has a "pro controller" that is more of a traditional controller, you don't necessarily need to use the gamepad for every wii u game. granted, there are some wii U games that are not compatible with the pro controller, so you just have to take a look at the reqs before the buying.

games like smash bros i would have assumed let you use the pro controller if you wanted to.

You can even use the Wii remote and Gamecube controller (provided you buy the adapter).

yeah i also saw you can buy a smash bros bundle that comes with a gamecube controller. not sure if that controller's connector is wii U or if it has that adapter you mentioned but yeah, smash bros ships as a bundle with the gamecube controller if you want that.

I thought that the wiiU had a delay on the actual tv as opposed to their controller screen thing though? Even with a "pro" controller, that would drive me ape.

I thought that the wiiU had a delay on the actual tv as opposed to their controller screen thing though? Even with a "pro" controller, that would drive me ape.

Like...gameplay delay? There's nothing of the sort. The display on the gamepad and on the TV run practically at the same time down to the millisecond to me.

the wii U has a "pro controller" that is more of a traditional controller, you don't necessarily need to use the gamepad for every wii u game. granted, there are some wii U games that are not compatible with the pro controller, so you just have to take a look at the reqs before the buying.

games like smash bros i would have assumed let you use the pro controller if you wanted to.

True but the gamecube controller just feels more comfortable to me. I plan to get a Wii U in the future but in the mean time I've been experiencing it with a buddy of mine who has it and it's fun of course.

As someone who already owns a Wii U & 3DS, I actually plan on getting an Xbox One for Christmas. It should actually work out really well for me since I should be Nintendo'ed out by then and ready to move on to something new. 

Yeah the Wii U is definitely picking up way more this year. Nintendo did kinda fuck up, delaying all the best releases by a year, but in the long term that's probably for the best. But as an early adopter (not quite on launch, a few months after it came out) it's pissed me off to no end that for the better part of an entire year I hardly touched the bloody thing. And that building a Wii U library up has taken so damn long, because Wii U games don't drop in price for some reason. New Super Mario Bros U is still around the $60 AUS mark, even two years after its release. I completely lucked out and found it on sale for $30, otherwise I still wouldn't be able to pick up a copy.

I dont understand why people even buy consoles that do not have a satisfactory amount of games to their tastes yet. I wait until a console has several games that i really want for it, THEN buy it, and normally save a few hundred bucks doing it.

fridgeracer likes this

I dont understand why people even buy consoles that do not have a satisfactory amount of games to their tastes yet. I wait until a console has several games that i really want for it, THEN buy it, and normally save a few hundred bucks doing it.

fucking yay!

and by the time you buy it, so many games are available pre owned for cheap money, or things like buy 5 for £20. 

Wonder if Nintendo planned to release all the titles they had this year because they knew that the PS4 and X1 were coming out in November of last year. It really made the Wii U appealing to a lot of people to have games like the new Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers and Bayonetta 2 (which I think is still not doing too well) come out all in the same year.

As for the X1 overtaking the Wii U, I think it was an eventuality. As more and more people already have a Wii U, the system's sales will eventually slow down. Seeing as how it came out a year before both the PS4 and X1, I can see why it's happening.

fridgeracer likes this

Wonder if Nintendo planned to release all the titles they had this year because they knew that the PS4 and X1 were coming out in November of last year. It really made the Wii U appealing to a lot of people to have games like the new Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers and Bayonetta 2 (which I think is still not doing too well) come out all in the same year.

holy shit. if that's true then well played to them. wow, that's a really damn good business move. they were 10 steps ahead of the game, the whole time, even with the internet hate, just wow.

2014 - owned by nintendo. in my opinion.