• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

WITHASTICK

Jurassic World Official Trailer Goes Live!

37 posts in this topic

So Universal after yesterday probably thought "Shit Disney had to put their Star Wars trailer out on the same day. FUCK THEM DROP OUR TRAILER NOW!" Here we are the trailer to Jurassic World. Personally I was already excited for the movie before this. The trailer to me has strength my excitement. I am glad my favorite Dinosaur movie is making a come back. They also brought some new friends! Along with a genetically engineered Dinosaur that is as big as a T-Rex and possibly as smart as a Raptor. You all done fucked up, it's gonna kill you all!

What does everyone think? I personally excited for it. Jurassic Park was one of my childhood treasures. I enjoy the idea of that the Park finally became open to the world. After years of entertainment the Park became something of Disney World to their world. Plus the idea of people getting stall by the site of the same old creatures, driving the big wigs to engineer something brand new. A creature they will find out very quickly they can not control.

I will say my interests have been peaked. To be honest I have been craving some dinosaur action through TV or a video game so hopefully this will do. Slightly disappointed that none of the original characters will make an apperance but still dinosaurs! XD

See this is why we can't have nice things though. We finally get the park up and running but we can't be happy with just 'normal' dinosaurs. Heavens no, we have to do better and then make entirely new genetically alter dinosaurs and of course we have to start with a carnivours dinosaur for such a thing rather then some gentle plant eater.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP BRINGING BACK THE DAMN DINOSAURS! DO THEY FORGET WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FIRST FILM!?!?!? smh

On topic, well it was good, then I saw Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt, and my excitement went up a emote. :D

However, if what you say is true, Stick, about the genetically modified dinosaur. Then they just took the concept of Alien and merged it with dinosaurs.

Interesting.

89952-master-strokes-beard-gif-Kill-bdei

IrishRogue likes this

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP BRINGING BACK THE DAMN DINOSAURS! DO THEY FORGET WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FIRST FILM!?!?!? smh

On topic, well it was good, then I saw Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt, and my excitement went up a emote. :D

However, if what you say is true, Stick, about the genetically modified dinosaur. Then they just took the concept of Alien and merged it with dinosaurs.

Interesting.

89952-master-strokes-beard-gif-Kill-bdei

Well technically everything was fine until they decided to make some new dinosaur judging by the trailer..

Also I remember an article talking about lego perhaps leaking what this genetically altered dinosaur looks like here's that article with images of the lego piece that could be the culprit:

http://lego.gizmodo.com/lego-jurassic-world-dinosaurs-leaked-1659643355

So far it's been called D-Rex which stands for Diabolus Rex which apparently is a mix of t-rex, raptor, snakes, and somehow a cuddlefish.

If you've read the books the D-Rex.... actually isn't as surprising as it sounds.

DemonsColt likes this

Well technically everything was fine until they decided to make some new dinosaur judging by the trailer..

Also I remember an article talking about lego perhaps leaking what this genetically altered dinosaur looks like here's that article with images of the lego piece that could be the culprit:

http://lego.gizmodo.com/lego-jurassic-world-dinosaurs-leaked-1659643355

So far it's been called D-Rex which stands for Diabolus Rex which apparently is a mix of t-rex, raptor, snakes, and somehow a cuddlefish.

If you've read the books the D-Rex.... actually isn't as surprising as it sounds.

Still the idea of a creature that is the size of a T-rex and the brains of a Raptor in itself is terrifying. Like Demon Colt said:

Interesting.

Remember the first movie, these things learn to open doors. Who knows what this new creature can do!

DemonsColt likes this

Remember the first movie, these things learn to open doors. Who knows what this new creature can do!

Maybe it can READ!!!!!!

IrishRogue likes this

Maybe it can READ!!!!!!

That truly could be one Clever Girl...

IrishRogue likes this

Indeed terrifying to think of an animal that would have the size of the third largest predatory dinosaur (falls behind Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus), the brains of a raptor, the camoflauging ability of a cuddlefish (if you read the Lost World, there were genetically altered dinosaurs that could camoflauge themselves like a chameleon or cuddlefish), and whatever the snake part does. Venomous bite perhaps?

Indeed terrifying to think of an animal that would have the size of the third largest predatory dinosaur (falls behind Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus), the brains of a raptor, the camoflauging ability of a cuddlefish (if you read the Lost World, there were genetically altered dinosaurs that could camoflauge themselves like a chameleon or cuddlefish), and whatever the snake part does. Venomous bite perhaps?

325px-Runner_2.jpg

Having truly paid attention to the first one once I was older I don't have as much a connection with Jurassic Park as a lot of people would. And I've heard nothing but bad things about 2 and 3 so I'll probably never watch those. But this trailer does have me a little excited for it, if not to see Star Lord and his Raptor pals fight whatever this new dinosaur actually turns out to be.

Well it certainly can't be a bigger fuckup than 2 and 3

DemonsColt likes this

Meh I have never viewed 2 all that bad. Yeah not as good as the original but I have never viewed is as terrible, the third one well that is different though I will admit I enjoyed the spinosaurus.

Really, a new mutant super-dinosaur?

Really?

Come on Universal, this isn't scrapping the bottom of the barrel this is punching a hole through it.

Also, gotta love how they managed to make the CGI look worse than the one from the original movie from 20 years ago.

TAKE THAT BACK 

jeff goldblum made that movie bareable

as for 3 .....nothing can save that

TAKE THAT BACK 

jeff goldblum made that movie bareable

as for 3 .....nothing can save that

RG9lv8L.gif

IrishRogue likes this

Lost World wasn't that bad, it just was overly long and lacked focus because it was essentially 2 completely different movies poorly stitched together.

3 on the other had was just plain crap and a shameless cashgrab on the franchise.

People seem to be getting upset about the whole "hybrid dinosaur" thing, thinking that it's  "jumping the shark" but they also seem to forget that all the dinosaurs in the movie are hybrids. 

Looks pretty good though, imo.

People seem to be getting upset about the whole "hybrid dinosaur" thing, thinking that it's  "jumping the shark" but they also seem to forget that all the dinosaurs in the movie are hybrids. 

They used frog/toad DNA didn't they?

And that's also why the females became male and reproduced.

Right?

They may have been Dinosaur/Frog hybrids, but at least they were "real" dinosaurs. Combining multiple dinosaurs' DNA to create a new super-dinosaur sounds kinda silly and contrived.

The part I like the most is that the park has people in it and the Dinosaurs are under control, for the most part.

Well the name of the dinosuar that has been genetically developed has been finally given it's true name and it's not the D-rex as a lot of people expected. It is called Indominus Rex meaning Fierce or Untamable King, here is the actual site with info and details on the beast that is man made and there is quite a lot of different genetic material used from several species of dinosaurs to create this new King:

http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/indominus-rex/

So out of pure curiousity I looked up all of the Dinosaurs they named off, to get a sense of what they put in this soup of monsters. I come back in horror. They literally put... everything... single... variety... of a T-rex that have lived through the millions and millions of years Dinosaurs were around. This thing is everything king of the Dinosaurs put into one pure killing machine... YAY!