• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

STAR WARS EPISODE VII TRAILER IS OUT! YEAH!

60 posts in this topic

WOOHOOOO! 

Wait, why does the lightsaber looks like a longsword with the extra side there? Won't that just make things difficult for the user?

Apex Spartan and DemonsColt like this

From what I got out of that teaser......

"A whole bunch of shit happens."

Just like the Batman 1989 teaser.

chuck-norris-thumbs-up-dodgeball-gif.gif

Apex Spartan likes this

If I'm being honest, I thought it looked like a made for TV movie. I'm disappointed by the cartoon ships. Lucas made a better looking movie in the 70's with less money. I'm also wondering what they were thinking when they designed that lightsaber. It literally makes no sense. The guard is absolutely worthless.

bfffb6e277d3bf6919f5fc0cfa40c120.png

I love it. I know there are flaws to pick at, but I like the visual style they're using, I love the light-broadsword, the sith guys voice is awesome. I wasn't really pumped for this before but I am now.

I for one like it and don't mind the guard on the lightsaber we saw, reminds me of a broad sword. Sure it means that guy probably can't do fancy moves but there are many styles of lightsaber fighting.

It's also not really a new design, cross guard lightsabers have appeared:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber

Granted it's not at a 90 degree angle like the one we see in the teaser but it's not entirely a new design either at least the concept is not.

I. I'm also wondering what they were thinking when they designed that lightsaber. It literally makes no sense. The guard is absolutely worthless.

bfffb6e277d3bf6919f5fc0cfa40c120.png

NEVER, EVER question move logic. EVER!

There is no logic to it, it's all for the fancy looks.

Kaz32 likes this

I'm not pumped up, but I'm also not bummed out. I think I kind of feel like Robert J. Sawyer as he posted on twitter, "So, J.J. Abrams rebooted STAR TREK but just remade STAR WARS, I guess; kinda wish it had been the other way around."

come on apex that light saber iis disgusting looking they got the cgi all weird looks more like a firesaber

Gonna be honest... I got the all holy goosebumps seeing the Falcon again, and the tie-figthers attacking it... It tickled my nostalgia a good way.

And that X-Wing pilot... Spank me if I'm wrong, but thats Wedge Antilles right?

But Dec. 2015? Jeez, I can probably manage to forget this movie 10 times until then...

Jurassic Park trailer was bad but that Star Wars one was awful. Everything is there to make you think it will be as bad as the prequels. Could have done the Heir to the Empire/Thrawn Trilogy but that could have been good so forget that, and remove it from canon.

Thought I never see the day where I say "Meh" to a Star Wars trailer.

Here's hoping Battle Front wows me more.

looks pretty good to me. Nothing to get so hyped about, but maybe that's a good thing.

I also don't have a problem with the new lightsaber design, looks pretty cool to me. 

the part ware the X-wings wear flying close to the water looked cool, couldn't care less about the rest,

and the longsword lightsaber is for the toys.

Pretty sure after reading the thrawn series this is just gonna be a disappointment to me. Expecting episodes 1-3 level of bad over here. Also i just don't think JJ Abrams will actually be able to make a star wars movie. 

Legolas_Katarn likes this

I also don't have a problem with the new lightsaber design, looks pretty cool to me. 

Depending on the user's style, it makes practical sense.

Especially since like.... the reason for most sword hilts are for protection.

I think the teaser is "meh" at best. To say the least, some of the shots made it feel like a generic Hollywood blockbuster. But who knows? It might actually be decent, but after seeing the trailer, my hopes aren't particularly high.

I know it's supposed to be just a teaser, but it was pretty meh overall, Wake me up when they put up a real trailer.

Also, while the idea of adding a cross guard to the is interesting and makes kind of sense, the execution was so poor that it looks silly.

Doesn't look to bad. Can't make a good opinion till I see a full trailer, but so far it could be worse.

But what do I know. I'm just a Star Trek fan.

The internet has become such a toxic place for me...

I felt like a child when I watched that trailer. I feel like too many have become so cynical that they forgot what watching Star Wars felt like.

UoghyJV.jpg

PS: The whole lightsaber discussion makes me a bit mad. It's a fictional world. Enjoy the ride and get over yourself. 

To let out the inner nerd... cross hilt Light sabers do exist and it does make sense to have it because otherwise they lightsaber can slide down and cut your hands off.. which happens countless times. The material the lightsaber is made of is quite likely "light saber proof" so it won't be cut at first parry. Enough of the useless rambling... nobody gives a shit. Let's just be let down by a teaser that shows nearly nothing and judge the whole movie by that.

MadDemon64 and Kaz32 like this

This trailer has set me into "wait-and-see" mode. Then again, I was in that mode for a while with Star Wars Rebels and, so far, I've been enjoying that. We shall see....

I loved the stormtroopers in the flickering light. SOOOOO COOL