• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Humorousone

How to lose your player base

28 posts in this topic

Dont worry you can play RIFT with me. I mean sure there is pay walls up the ass but hey..It works XD lol

Humorousone likes this

All of the servers, spare one or two (which are now both full) have been down for "unplanned maintenance" for the past day and a half.

It wouldn't be so bad, if not for the fact that trion haven't been exactly communicative in what the issue with the servers is, and they've been saying that the servers are 'now online' over and over for the last 24 hours or so.

There's this, plus the fact that trion has been screwing over people with their founder pack Apex's (the fact that they didn't receive as many as they should have), and the fact that this is not the first time that people have been having such huge issues with the servers.

Everyone who's played since launch, myself included, have lost 5 days minimum of gameplay, bad considering many people pay a subscription for the game.

There's been:

• Patron (paid for subscription) not appearing on people's accounts
  • Lack of founder pack APEX's
  • Incredibly long server queues for the first few weeks after launch (making the game unplayable)
  • People having their accounts falsely banned, and having their Patreon wiped.
  • Lack of land on servers for people to buy. Most people have no land at all.
  • Lack of moderators in-game, to remove bots and moderate the chat (bot spammers everywhere
  • Continual disconnection issues for the first few weeks
  • Lack of a decent support system. I queued for 12 hours in live chat to have my patreon issue sorted.

Plus a bunch more.

Dont worry you can play RIFT with me. I mean sure there is pay walls up the ass but hey..It works XD lol

How are the servers for rift right now?

I wonder if Trion's datacenter is at fault here.

O there fine. Im using a computer from 2007 and school wifi and have no ping.  So yah there connection is fine. 

Yah in my opinion trion. They know how to make games well. But the pay walls the pay walls mg I hate there pay walls XD. They need to learn how to manage a game alot more. In my opinion if they made archeage free to play like rift and made a system were you can buy premium items with in game currency as well I would honestly say in my opinion though both games would be game of the year material. 

Obviously it is free to play but it still has rifts feel of pay to win.

Archeage was originally a Korean subscription based game. It doesn't really fit the F2P model properly imo.

On the subject of the server issues, it's probably a software problem then.

Project management ftw.

RavenKitsune likes this

But the pay wells the pay wells mg I hate there pay walls XD. 

Pay well, pay wall...make up your mind xD

Looks like Trion is having huge problems with their servers then. Time to focus their resources on fixing them...I wonder if that will happen. I remember all the pain in the ass with League EUW but Riot did something and I rarely even crash or lag now. If Trions servers are just crap, they should get new ones.

Humorousone and RavenKitsune like this

True. I mean they are making alot of money for the 300$+ packs if you want to play rift with its full content experience lol.

Wait a second I just had a thought..did CC make a deal with trion O.O 

I hate F2P games...sometimes. Archeage for F2P MMO isn't that bad, you can get good amounts of fun for free alone, I only wanted to get Patron when I got into crafting. I played 2 weeks, had about 2000 or something Labor and when I crafted a few metal armors, I was already out of it and only way to regain is to play all the time which is insanely time consuming because I used to play 6 hours per day for first week or 2 so it was easy but then over time, I played less which makes it harder to get the labor back.

If you got lots of time to play the game, you can easily play without paying but getting patron really gives you big benefits. Although I don't care about land, houses and whatever but I needed that Labor although I just lost interest in the game for some reason, I don't know why. I enjoyed it greatly but...yeah...I'm weird.

I wanna get into another MMO but damn it, I'm either way too behind or no one to play with. D:

Humorousone likes this

I wanna get into another MMO but damn it, I'm either way too behind or no one to play with. D:

It's the same for me.

I would have picked up guild wars 2 if it wasn't so late in that game's life cycle.

Maybe guild wars 3.

It's the same for me.

I would have picked up guild wars 2 if it wasn't so late in that game's life cycle.

Maybe guild wars 3.

What makes GW2 stand out for me a lot from other MMOs is that it has a huge amount of players in starting zones. Also it works on a different system. XP and loot is shared so there is no grinding to level up. You can easily level up just by doing quests and travelling and GW2 has seriously some of the most best quests and questing systems ever. Questing there is a joy to do, I can do it for hours alone. There is also lots of random evetns which give you huge amounts of XP. The game is fully focused on exploring and exploring rewards you, you don't need to grind 24/7 to level up.

GW2 is so far the only MMO I managed to play for a very long time alone without anyone but over time, I wanted to try dungeons and other stuff and just screw around with someone but had no one. GW2 is one of the MMOs where it's never too late to join.

Labor system. They made an official announcement in beta that they are discussing this with XL games and will try to tweak it. Didn't hear anything about it ever since.

The game is not new(1-2 year old) and there are still bots

There still hacks. I wont list them (if you are curious youtube)

Trion promissed a free to play game no tricks no traps. And went full 2pw 

Cant find a thunderstruck tree?

Maybe some $ would help you find it

Want an OP cart now?

Gimme some $$

Out of labor my friend?

Have any money left? p.s. gold = labor in this game. Spend money to make money, yes my friend?

How about a fast mount that has 10.1 speed?

Go to mirage buy a horse for 50g, level it up to 50 then pay another 500g and BOOM you're fast

OR

Farm 20 000 honor, level up mount to 50, farm another 30 000 honor.

Psst if you are looking for same stuff now with no effort, check the market place. Hell if you are a patron and you log in 20 days, we'll give it for you free (100 loyalty points, get 5 daily for loggin in)

Im not even talking about selling APEX for gold and buy the BEST possible items of 3 servers combined. Ofc if you have the cash for it

And some people come to me and say Hey Move this is not pw2, because there is a possibility to obtain the same stuff after 50 years of farming. Every time you would grind like 400g i would pay less then 50 buck in less then 10 min. Who would win? Me or you if I could spend 100 bucks a day?

Sorry for the angry rant. Guess I inherited that from Angry Joe

Im not leaving the game or saying that the game is bad all together. But its just painful to see how a good game was released and being turned into a some sort of bill (electricity bill for for free afking players or a bill to keep up with other patrons that have more moneyz)

At this point, you guys are the main reason why Im still here and maybe the ingame possibilities to do random shit together :)

Meanwhile in Trions headquarters

uDiNU.gif

You are so mean MoVe. How can you talk like that and be a commander of a guild?

Look at you MoVe. Rant about the game so much but still play it and in love with it. So cute. :P

Kizra likes this

Yeah, I'm not planning to renew my patreon, I'll just keep buying apexes while they're still ecomically viable.
I'm set until about February, at which point I'll probably go free to play for a while, then quit the game altogether.

Trion mentioned "extra generous" compensation for the downtime, and said it would have more info on that once the problems are fully resolved.
Hey at least we get some compensation for this crap, legit this time.. I would assume since they are "working closely with XL Games" this time.

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/12/01/archeages-unscheduled-maintenance-stretches-into-day-two/

The term "generous" is relative. They'll probably just stop everyone's patreon timers from counting down tbh.

Other than that, if they give people free items, they'll be worthless (inflation).

Wow they are still down?  Well I was able to get on last night and it was so broken every database action took 5+ min to complete.  From accepting quests to simple looting and harvesting.  Alpha servers never had this problem for the 3-4 months it was open for founder's. (at least not from my experience)

Just checked.  It got so bad, Kyrios isn't even a listed server anymore?

(Btw who is this ravenkitsune I have never of before?)

Got bored and browsed Art & Media forums.  Some great art there!

Maybe one day I'll do something like this:

I feel the same way MoVe. It's really disheartening and depressing watching what's happening to this game. It has so much going for it but everything it could excel at Trion does the opposite, or it's XL games fault. I don't even know sometimes because whenever people complain they say it's not them but XL games, but they can step in if they wanted to and say No. So either they are lieing or chicken. It's just sad man :(

I feel the same way MoVe. It's really disheartening and depressing watching what's happening to this game. It has so much going for it but everything it could excel at Trion does the opposite, or it's XL games fault. I don't even know sometimes because whenever people complain they say it's not them but XL games, but they can step in if they wanted to and say No. So either they are lieing or chicken. It's just sad man :(

I agree on a certain point. Obviously XL Games has their fair share of blame, but the bigger picture is Trion. They represent the game in the US and EU. So as far as the messagerboys in Trion goes, it's their fault as well. Trion may be a publisher but it's a publisher that accepted the deal with the XL Games. What I am saying is, it's their fault for have accepted such a deal they got themselves.

My reason is... is because XL Games Archeage as you know it a Pay 2 win kind of game, but Trion was good hearted and changed the core and made it more acceptable in the western standard of MMORPG. But now it seems that Trion has to catch up to the Russian/Korean version. But why do they have to, as long as the players are satisfied and happy with the games progression. If Trion communicates with it's player-base in a more effective way people wouldn't have been pissed at them. Trion does what they can to fix this problem but if money isn't spent on the right places (let's say... the customer-support) the effective help and communication will fail in due time.

Blizzard has failed many times on many occasions in many areas but with people informing them about it and they improve. You would think people would follow that example as a multi-billion company but yet we see that people is crying/shouting and waiting for the customer-support with Trion to improve, do we get any news about it or any mention about it? No, it's just another highlighted point put in the shadows because the "main problem" is the game and nothing else. Peoples perspective is mainly on the game, but I think the communication between us (the playerbase) and the Company/Publisher is the biggest issue right now. There isn't even any main news on the Glyph about the major breakdown that happen November 30 to December 1. I think people should have been informed and let people know that Trion is a "trustworthy" company that can deal with problems. The more people know, the less people speculate and get angry.