• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CrazycolinPro

Next Year..DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE

37 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who isn't going to be able to believe any hype for 2015? Too many games this year were waaaaaaaayyyyy over hyped and did not deliver *cough* Destiny, Titanfall *cough*.

Just this year I'm going to put my expectations a bit lower for almost all the games, and I urge you to do the same 

I'm excited for a lot of games next year.

Bloodborne

The Witcher 3

Batman

Dying Light

Dead Island 2

Zelda U

Star Fox

Xenoblade

Yoshi

Kirby

ect.

I'm already excited for these games but I feel after this year I can point out the over hyped games from a mile away.

Witcher 3 and Zelda Wii U.

That is pretty much it.

Also the re-release of Homeworld of course but that isnt new.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

SW battlefront maybe, there isn't a lot really. Anyway it doesn't matter because most of the games this year weren't even finished for just a quick throw out game, as in another franchise game that didn't bring anything new. I'll just wait and see on what people say about the game a few weeks after they're out before I buy anything

I try to be as skeptical as possible, though sometimes I defend games even after I get into Beta *cough*ESO*cough* but I have nothing I am really looking forward to this year so it should be easier to keep myself from getting hyped.

I'm waiting for BF Hardline, I hope it's not a broken piece of shit.

I haven't purchased any AAA game this year, so I'll remain skeptical like I always am.

When they overhype a game 

76gdUDz.jpg

Basicly wait untill a game is cheap and then buy it

Puntosmx likes this

Witcher 3, the division, star wars battlefront, mgs5 phantom pain, mortal kombat X, halo 5, gal civ 3, eternal crusade. I know not all will be awesome, but i'm still excited

Only games I'm looking forward to next year are Arkham Knight, Mortal Kombat X, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Uncharted 4, and the Ratchet and Clank reboot. Only other games I could think of getting excited about is if they released/announced Borderlands 3, Infamous 4 or a new game/reboot of Jak and Daxter for 2015.

The only time a game screams "dont buy me" is when advertising is done so much out the ass that it gets annoying. Can't tell you how many fucking Destiny ads I still see to this day. If Bungie/Activision knew the game was good they wouldn't have to push our shit in with it to sell.

THE HYPE IS REAL

....but don't believe any of it.

About all I'd be hyping for this coming year is Battlefront, but the fact that EA has its name in proximity to the project, I am keeping my hype to a minimum. That, and this year in gaming didn't leave me overly optimistic. I'm not saying "z0mg w0r5t g4m1ng y34r 3v3r", I'm just saying I'm slowly starting to see where people are coming from when they say the potential for a new video games crash exists.

Puntosmx likes this

I own too many games I still need to play and new games I want to play either release all the time or I find out about old ones I want to play, I no longer have any use for hype or getting excited about trailers for games that won't be out for months or years.

HeroEightyTwo likes this

Hyped up for:

- The Witcher 3

- Doom 4

- Borderlands the pre Sequel GOTY Edition B)

- Tekken 7

- Grim Dawn

- Lost Ark

- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III

- Lineage Eternal

- Mortal Kombat X

- Just Cause 3

- Hellraid

- Dragonball Xenoverse

not hyped up and/or not interested in

- Dying Light

- The Division

- Star citizen

- Rainbow six Siege

- Battlefield Hardline

- the next CoD

- Dead Island 2

- Homefront Revolution

- Batman Arkham Knight

- Star Wars Battlefront

- GTA V

- Evolve

- Assassins Creed Rouge

- F1 2015

- Project Cars

- Dirt 4

I'm hyped for Witcher 3 and Pillars of eternity so the list isn;t too long.

2014 was pretty bad if it comes to games so I'm not really expecting too much next year

I own too many games I still need to play and new games I want to play either release all the time or I find out about old ones I want to play, I no longer have any use for hype or getting excited about trailers for games that won't be out for months or years.

I'm the same. I haven't been able to put DAI down since I got it and the PS+ freebies are Injustice Gods among us and First Light in the coming months. Still have Walking Dead 1 and 2 and Tales of Xilia to play as well. I need to take a month away from work and the world and bury myself in gaming.

I'm looking forward to Dying Light, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV and Type-0 but I think the only one i'll preorder is Witcher 3.

People saying "don't believe the hype" like it's some revolutionary thing. Disappointment has always been a part of the gaming experience, there's always going to be games coming out which have you expecting something amazing and fall a little flat.

The way to deal with it, stop preordering games, stop watching every trailer and every piece of gameplay that pops up online, stop buying games on release day, wait until it's out and it's been properly playtested, especially when it comes to online games, THEN if you still want the game you buy it. You want to not believe the hype? Stop overhyping games in your own head.

Sol Omega likes this

Am I the only one who isn't going to be able to believe any hype for 2015? Too many games this year were waaaaaaaayyyyy over hyped and did not deliver *cough* Destiny, Titanfall *cough*.

Just this year I'm going to put my expectations a bit lower for almost all the games, and I urge you to do the same 

i completely agree - we should all stop believing any hype.

personally though, i am so broke, in debt, and miserable because of it, that i literally cannot afford any games anyway. all i buy if anything, is something i simply can't do without, or something extremely cheap on a steam sale.

if it weren't for steam sales of games being under £4 i pretty much would not be a gamer today. even console pre owned games cost more than those prices, so i am thankful i get to play something on my kind of budget money.

but because of my circumstances i think it's easier for me to not believe the hype anymore, because i can't get those games anyway, i would never afford them so it's pointless me even thinking about them.

most new games go over my head, i don't even think about them. i'm still more excited on things like borderlands 2, which is getting close to a £3.74 tag, might happen this xmas on the sales or in january. it's these games i get myself hyped for, not the new ones, lol.

I'll buy the Witcher 3.

But I'm not hyped.

I've not been hyped since LotR movies were out.

I COULD be hyped by Zelda U..... but I don't have a WU yet, so no thank you ^_^

This year I blew my money on Halo: TMCC and COD: AW and to me they were both let downs. I'll pick up the better games this year during the holiday season if I can. I really wish I had the money for a Wii U because Nintendo is secretly killing it in the side lines. No microtransactions, and really no buggy launches for any of their games. I'm sorry I lost faith in you Nintendo....hopefully I have a Wii U soon  ;)

Games I want but after his year am skeptical about:

Dead Island 2

Halo 5

Battlefield Hardline

Dying Light

Games I still have faith in:

Just Cause 3

Tom Clancy's The Division

Any Game That Nobody's Hyped For

Puntosmx and fridgeracer like this

I really wish I had the money for a Wii U because Nintendo is secretly killing it in the side lines. 

join the club. sadly for me it's probably going to be another whole year before i see one in my living room. what's even sadder is that if nintendo gaming repeats itself, with it's awesomeness, it's likely all the games i would like even on pre owned prices will still be expensive.

last i checked donkey kong country returns and super mario bros wii was still around £30 pre owned.

CrazycolinPro likes this

join the club. sadly for me it's probably going to be another whole year before i see one in my living room. what's even sadder is that if nintendo gaming repeats itself, with it's awesomeness, it's likely all the games i would like even on pre owned prices will still be expensive.

last i checked donkey kong country returns and super mario bros wii was still around £30 pre owned.

Yea. Earlier this year I was trying to get myself caught up on the better Nintendo games and went to buy New Super Mario Bros DS, New Super Mario Bros 2 3DS, and Super Mario Bros Wii. I only ended up picking up the DS one because the Wii one was still super expensive. Looks like I'm going to have to stick with 3DS games for now, even though for Wii/U I still want

Super Smash Bros

Super Mario Bros Wii/Wii U

Mario Kart 8

Mario Party 10 (next year)

fridgeracer likes this

Buy every game. Every. Single. One of them. We don't care if you get ya totally-non-buggy game for 60$. We just want to see the money...I mean your happy face. Even if you don't have the money to buy them just do it!!! Think about us poor publishers!!! Think about us!!!