• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr_E_Meatshield

So You Live in Australia and Want to Get GTA V on PS4 or X1?

59 posts in this topic

You ain't getting it from Target:

Media Release from Target Australia

This is just like that mom who got all the Breaking Bad action figures pulled from Toys R' Us.

Puntosmx, Dyzzles and Sol Omega like this

Only this is even more ridiculous, since Target isn't an exclusively child-oriented store.

Didn't even think of that.

it's got to be the australian gov at fault.

if the same feminists or whoever outcried about the game in the UK, it would be completely ignored. things that gain an age classification have been examined and deemed safe for people's of that age to play that game, period.

companies here aren't going to ban something just because some idiots cry about something in it that they dont like. if the gov demands a national ban, then every store would remove it from shelves.

the only time that i can recall this happening here of most recent is when Manhunt was temporarily banned on a nationwide scale because there was a murder investigation into some kid in leicester butchering his friend with an axe, and the murderer's mother blamed it on Manhunt to try get the jury and judge to give him a more lenient sentence as the blame would be placed on the government  / game company for releasing it.

police then after doing a lot of forensics and investigating found no motive or connection to what happened with that game at all. after this was made public by the local PD in leicester, the game was immediately back on shelves to buy.

i feel sorry for ausies. i dont think Target really wanted to remove the product, but i do think the gov told them to remove it. they seem to do it a lot with many games because they're simply just a bunch of idiots. germany is just as bad, banning things all day long.

DestinyDecade likes this

it's got to be the australian gov at fault.

if the same feminists or whoever outcried about the game in the UK, it would be completely ignored. things that gain an age classification have been examined and deemed safe for people's of that age to play that game, period.

companies here aren't going to ban something just because some idiots cry about something in it that they dont like. if the gov demands a national ban, then every store would remove it from shelves.

the only time that i can recall this happening here of most recent is when Manhunt was temporarily banned on a nationwide scale because there was a murder investigation into some kid in leicester butchering his friend with an axe, and the murderer's mother blamed it on Manhunt to try get the jury and judge to give him a more lenient sentence as the blame would be placed on the government  / game company for releasing it.

police then after doing a lot of forensics and investigating found no motive or connection to what happened with that game at all. after this was made public by the local PD in leicester, the game was immediately back on shelves to buy.

i feel sorry for ausies. i dont think Target really wanted to remove the product, but i do think the gov told them to remove it. they seem to do it a lot with many games because they're simply just a bunch of idiots. germany is just as bad, banning things all day long.

Look at the media release that I linked to, it was Target's decision. And if it's the Government's decision, it'll be all stores there, and not just Target.

Look at the media release that I linked to, it was Target's decision.

well, i believe that that's what the australian gov wants you to think. they could even be paying off Target for the inconvenience. at the end of the day that company bought all those copies of GTA 5 in bulk to be sold in store. they can't just return them all to take 2 interactive and ask for their money back.

i just can't accept that a retail store has a perfectly legal and acceptable product to sell by the truckloads, to then just turn around and say "yep, all our fault. we won't sell this and we will take the loss of the money all because these feminists are upset". nahh, i think that's bullshit personally.

Target removes game at demand of ausie government.

Ausie government gives Target template statement to go public with.

Ausie government covers entire cost of projected profts of all their GTA 5 units / copies as compensation.

that's my belief. i don't take what the media release says. i think that's crap.

well, i believe that that's what the australian gov wants you to think. they could even be paying off Target for the inconvenience. at the end of the day that company bought all those copies of GTA 5 in bulk to be sold in store. they can't just return them all to take 2 interactive and ask for their money back.

i just can't accept that a retail store has a perfectly legal and acceptable product to sell by the truckloads, to then just turn around and say "yep, all our fault. we won't sell this and we will take the loss of the money all because these feminists are upset". nahh, i think that's bullshit personally.

Target removes game at demand of ausie government.

Ausie government gives Target template statement to go public with.

Ausie government covers entire cost of projected profts of all their GTA 5 units / copies as compensation.

that's my belief. i don't take what the media release says. i think that's crap.

Why just Target, and not every single store that carries it though?

Why just Target, and not every single store that carries it though?

beats me dude. maybe the gov wants to shut up the source of the complaint. if it's only the store getting flack for stocking the game for sale then that will be the only store to get the typical ban hammer treatment the ausie gov always does for plenty of other games.

ive heard what the feminists said from reviewtechusa video about it and they seem to be complaining mainly about the store Target stocking the game, not the entire country.

I expect backlash for this decision from the general public.

ive heard what the feminists said from reviewtechusa video about it and they seem to be complaining mainly about the store Target stocking the game, not the entire country.

It's probably just Target caving to the demands of the 40 or so thousand who signed the petition then.

beats me dude. maybe the gov wants to shut up the source of the complaint. if it's only the store getting flack for stocking the game for sale then that will be the only store to get the typical ban hammer treatment the ausie gov always does for plenty of other games.

I dunno man, it seems like they'd pull it from all stores so the people complaining don't do it on another store too if it were the government.

I'm currently outside of Australia so I'm not really affected by it. Besides, we don't buy games from Target, we buy it from EB Games, JB HiFi and Big W. Also Cosco, also known as Monstromart because the stuff they sell is HUGE. And DungeonCrawl, store owned by gamers for gamers which have games from overseas, even the one that's not available in regular stores!

Wait, was it just it for the re-release on the current generation systems? That is strange. Did it, like, take this long for someone to play the game and then create a movement against the distrubtion of the game? Something doesn't add up or I'm missing something.

Anyway as someone who works retail part time to afford education, I've had the occassional person concerned for the content of the game, most often the GTA titles. However if they don't want people playing the game, wouldn't it be more economical to just not play the game and not draw attention? No such thing as bad publicity... and I can imagine some people wanting to play this game more because "Hey! You can't get this game in Austrailia, it's that awesome" and so on.

Wait, was it just it for the re-release on the current generation systems? That is strange. Did it, like, take this long for someone to play the game and then create a movement against the distrubtion of the game? Something doesn't add up or I'm missing something.

I think the fact that the game is a year old and the ban is happening right now is telling...

Silverfox likes this

I think the fact that the game is a year old and the ban is happening right now is telling...

I think it's also telling that GTA V, among other games, recieved classification (R18+) in Austrialia which previously was not possible until people demanded that rating exist for the sake of certain mture games to have the ability to be sold within the region and now is banned by a sigular retailer, that is in fact, not a major video game retailer.

Still I don't understand why GTA V specifically, rather more specifically why GTA V now since the game has been out for so long and arguably is much more wide spread on the past generation of consoles. It's like protesting last year's model when the new one comes out. It's just mind boggling why they would target that game at this time. Maybe because of the holiday shopping season?

I just absolutely loved how they reasoned the petition. Has to be the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever heard. Sure, the game gives you a simple choice BUT DOES NOT FORCE YOU to blow a prostitute's brains out after banging her. And they even threw sexual abuse into the equation - which was completely out of context in my opinion. Prostitutes VOLUNTARILY subject themselves to their male clients for a living. How deep up their asses did the stupid feminazis have to stick their heads to come up with that reasoning? Seriously.

I think I read an article just recently saying that Target actually fought for the right to sell this or another game which was being complained about. Unfortunately I can't remember what article I read/heard this from so it's hard to just take my word for it.

But if it is true then it is a little strange that they would suddenly turn 180 and take it off shelves to appease a minority whos argument is very poor. GTA does have an aspect of violence towards women but it's a small part of the game totally overshadowed by everything else in it.

I dont care that the game got taken off Target and KMart stores. I am far more concerned with the precedent its setting.

Hopefully the backlash consumers send will be enough to convince other stores it's not wise to ban really popular games. Though the gaming press is being very complicit with the ban going by their articles.

GTA 5 reissue is being pulled off because the FPS perspective makes the game "be more real" and the sex scenes are literally in-your-face.

I guess some people took offense at watching the hooker give head from that POV instead of from outside the car.

Anyway, there's a counter petition.

https://www.change.org/p/target-put-grand-theft-auto-5-back-on-target-shelves-in-australia