• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CaptainKickass69

Ubisoft horror story

10 posts in this topic

http://asidcast.com/index.php/2014/11/ex-ubisoft-employee-talks-experience/

So this is a topic of what happens behind close doors in apparently Ubisofts game development studios, this does disgust me and i'm almost ready to go on a Ubisoft boycott and not get there games no more. This is what is happening when these big corporations think they can get away with anything and they need to be slapped out of there god complex just like Xbox did with the XB1 last year and they turned around to the consumer fast.

ReviewTech covers the topic of what this Ex-Employee at Ubiosofts game development studios are like and it is sadly close to slave labor.

Feels like there was already thread about this some where...

there could have been and i missed it though i did check and didn't see anything

Considering the kind of shit I've heard myself, I think that was a legit ex-Ubisoft employee.

I've heard tales from little birds who couldn't give their identities away (because then they'd get fired or sued) that if you sign on with a AAA developer, the publisher than owns your company will treat you like a slave. You will get shit pay, you will work for way longer than it's legal to, and if you speak up against the suits they speak back with threats and warnings. I've heard tales from a guy who complained to his publisher about a lack of time off between games and the reply he got was "Go ahead, walk out. See how easy it is finding another job after we release a statement saying we fired you for sexual harassment".

It doesn't take a genius to realise the AAA industry is killing itself from the inside out. How many times have we seen reports about games being considered failures because selling 3.4 million copies wasn't enough to break even? How many times have we seen a game get hyped to the max only for it to turn out to be either utter shit or mind numbingly average? How many times have we had pre orders shoved down our throats? How many times have we seen games have content and entire sections of the game sectioned off as pre order bonuses? How many times have we seen 'game play footage' only to discover it was just an extremely scripted demo? How many times have we seen the exact same fucking thing with every single AAA release?

If Ubisoft, EA, Activision and their ilk die out, good fucking riddance. Because I know there will be hundreds, maybe thousands of ex-employees willing to pick up the pieces and rebuild the entire industry how they've always  wanted it to be. We saw the exact same thing 30 years ago when Atari drove the industry into the ground like a fucking dart and Nintendo resurrected it, and it will happen again. Hell, it almost needs to happen again.

*drops mic*

fridgeracer and Doshka17 like this

Ya know, when I was in high school, I was so focused on excelling in all my software development classes, jumped straight into it in college thinking, "Yea, I'm gonna get a job at a big name developer and make video games!"

And then reality sinks in. Between the link in this post, and the stories over on kotaku, it's like that episode of family guy when stewie finds out his favorite children's show host is actually a total bitch. There is no glory to be had in AAA development. It's all a lie ;_; 

This is why i hate it when gamers bash devs, calling them lazyand such.

This gamer gets it right!!! Stop the bashing of innocent devs and publishers!!!

This gamer gets it right!!! Stop the bashing of innocent devs and publishers!!!

yes we get it. you need money!

who needs a good story in a video game, just make one up for yourself!

you sheep thought you were getting a game worth hundreds to a thousand hours of gameplay for just $60? HA HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA HA HA! yeah right... $60 upfront, and 10 DLC packs afterwards all $30 each, and THEN you MIGHT get that. HA HA HA HA!

come on! BUY IT BUY IT! buy all our games! YEAH! ALL THIS MONEY! we did it!!!

likes this

Working under minimum wage huh, I would refuse to be exploited to this degree but damn ubisoft that's low as hell. Makes you wonder how they need such absurd profit points if the pay scales like that.