• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

baac007

CALL OF DUTY over the years

19 posts in this topic

over the years many good and bad call of duty games came out and some conversations came up saying''the game sucks, they'er the same thing'' i agree its KINDA AND I SAID KINDA the same shooting enemys save america but its still fun of course there are better games than cod but a good fps can't go unknown.In my opinion MW1,2,and 3 were great ghost was amazing don't know why people say its the worse call of duty[give some reason] black ops was good too but black ops 2 was down right bad story dosen't make sense plot is stupid graphics are just way too colorful just bad just bad and COD AW i am disappointed its more of the same cod just with jetpacks. story is predictable but still good, online play is chaos ,too easy and player count low

Well tell what you think about call of duty:my scores MW /9 ,MW2 /9,MW3 /8 GHOST/7,BLACK OPS/7 BLACK OPS2 /5,AW /6,WAW /9 COD 1 /9 COD 2 /9 COD 3 /8 COD UO/9 COD FH /7 

And to add to the list:bo3/5 boring as hell.

Honestly the last one I enjoyed was MW2, and that was only because of the story elements. I am one of the few people it seems who does not go to those games for their multiplayer.

You forgot world at war...also i have only ever really liked the treyarch COD's on a consistent basis. MW2 was good and AW was ok but I really enjoyed WaW, BO, and BO2 both in single and multiplayers

The online play is perfectly fine. Battle strategie? DON'T NEED IT!!!

COD 2 - 9/10

COD 3 - 7/10

COD 4 - 9/10

W@W - 9.5/10

MW2 - 7.5/10

Black Ops - 8/10

MW3 - 4/10

BO2 - 7/10

Ghost - 2/10

Advanced Warfare - 6/10

I like CoD and have played basically all of them, but these past 4/5 years sucked ass for CoD.

Honestly the last one I enjoyed was MW2, and that was only because of the story elements. I am one of the few people it seems who does not go to those games for their multiplayer.

Im with ya dude the campaign is the only reason i actually buy them.

The MP is just bad requiring zero skill and full of broken mechanics (if i hear one more person say quick scoping is impossible to get rid of i'll scream) The maps are just way too small and too cluttered the scorestreaks are too easy to get and before AW were waaaaaaay too powerful.  But worst of all is the hit detection and lag compensation and considering the fact they have made sooo much damn money from this series the fact they dont use dedicated servers is an insult.

It is hard for me to give scores to these game, the most time spent in one was Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. I was involved with a community overseeing 100 people myself. It was a great time filled with great moments. Now well I am a part of this awesome community. 

also i really think infinity ward makes the best cod games mostly with story and treyarch makes good ones too but BO2 and decassified sucked  so i am not looking forward to next treyarch  or slegehammer games.

Eventually, they'll come out with this:

frOy6Q1.jpg

I played CoD for a while, some I didn't like so much such as world at war and modern warfare 2. Now the reason I didn't like these 2 so much is due to the fact I played ALOT of multiplayer. Now in Modern warfare 2 there was a serious amount of Noob tube spots going on into spawn. Also it was just a bunch of ballerinas doing 360's every single game trying to get their next montage no scope! MLG legit yo!

In light of what I have just said you can probably tell where I am leaning towards why Ghosts just sucked in every single way possible. CoD was always about the fast paced twitch shooting. Which Modern warfare 3 and Black ops 2 took on board really well, also adapted very quickly. Ghosts however, not so much. The game had become so slow paced that I was literally bored of every single map I went onto. The maps were way too big for 6v6 game types and the FPS on PC was just tragic. Everyone lay down in a corner as soon as they spawned and was so slow paced I felt like I was falling asleep. They concentrated more on the animals than the actual gameplay. If you want proof of this I will refer you straight back to a trailer that everyone couldn't let go because all they spoke about was an next gen dog..... Are you for real ? Ghosts was a failure and since this happened, alot of people lost faith in the CoD franchise. Which is exactly why Advanced warfare had lack of pre orders.

When a game actually kills your pre order sales, you have to wonder... Was it really that good ?

I have never hated the call of duty games (excluding some rage moments during multiplayer). I have mostly played the games for the single player with multiplayer as a second thought. These games were always just kinda there to me. I would play them but never got excited and never got severally disappointed in them. My absolute game was Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. I was invested in the characters and was actually upset whenever they were killed off. As of the recent games, my current favorites are Black Ops and Black Ops 2. 

played cod, cod2 and uo. I think I played maybe one or two others but was crazy into thrm. Never played them online just cod2 at lans. I think they're ok but my god they pump out the crap lately! I think they need to stop or reinvent the game. Take a year or two out and spend some time to make something special

sirseabiscuit why did you give ghost a 2 its really not that bad,also i really think infinity ward makes the best cod games mostly with story and treyarch makes good ones too but BO2 and decassified sucked  so i am not looking forward to next treyarch  or slegehammer games.

Because, to put it frankly,

It sucked dick. Gave me a headache within an hour of playing, boring as paint drying, only CoD campaign I didn't complete because it was so boring. Looked like ass turd, and it went as high as a 2/10 because Extinction was sort of redeeming. The game felt like a terrible add-on to MW3. Almost like as if it was supposed to be a last gen exclusive like AC Rogue.

Not to mention the game ran at like 40 FPS (on PS3) and dipped into the low 20's anytime something happend. 

I cannot say that I was not always against the COD saga. I really enjoyed them until MW2. After it, well, everything went down for me. So late now I will stick to my only COD former games, and find mods for the games. For example, for COD 2 There's a mod about the Spanish Civil war, which basically turns COD 2 into another game with a totally different setting. A game within a game, we need more of that! More COD total conversion mods! 

you guys realize that i am including the story of the games not just the online play.most of you seem to talk about the online play a lot.

you guys realize that i am including the story of the games not just the online play.most of you seem to talk about the online play a lot.

That would be because 99% of ppl who buy COD games dont even touch the campaign as getting to prestige level 10 before anyone else is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important.

CoD 4 - 8/10

Introduced me to CoD. A series I have had an unconditional love with since.

WaW - 2/10

The only saving grace in my eyes was zombies. Hated multiplayer and hated the campaign even more. Could not tell you why, to be honest. I just simply don't like it.

MW2 -  7/10

Built upon MW's story, and I loved that. Online was fun as well but got old quickly

Black Ops - 8/10

I adore BO. Plain and simple. And with the final map pack it finally gave me a reason to never touch WaW ever again. Thank god.

MW3 - 8/10

I don't know why so many people dislike the campaign. I loved the climax to the MW franchise.

BO2 - 9/10

Don't know why everyone hated the multiplayer for this. One of my favorites of the whole series. And don't even get me started on my obsession with these Zombies maps.

Ghost - 9/10

Without Extinction, this would be a 7 for me. I had a lot of fun with it but it just seemed so... dry. And that god-awful campaign? ugg. BUT, the "squad members" is one of the greatest things to happen to this franchise. The best being the perk system in this game. I will forever be unhappy with perk selection until this system is brought back.

Advanced Warfare - 9/10

My favorite so far. There is just about nothing about this game that I don't love. Story was predictable, but fun all the same. Thank GOD it is back to scorestreaks. I fucking HATE when it is otherwise. Lest's reward for completing objectives, not just kills, eh? Pick 13 is awesome. Love it. And I love the verticality that this game has. Not a ton, but enough to keep it familiar and new at the same time. Give me dedicated servers and it gets 10/10.

Ok. I've actually done this so many times before I think I've got my thoughts down pretty well.

CoD4 - Great game overall. Got me into the series and despite getting into late into the life of the game. I enjoyed almost every single moment. The SP was interesting and the multiplayer was addicting. Still play it tonight on PC every once in a while.

WaW - This is by far my favorite of the series. I played the hell out of this game back when i still owned an Xbox 360 and only stopped when the multiplayer became infested with hackers/modders ruining it for me. The SP was great and MP was just as addicting as 4's if not more so. I liked the addition of tanks on some maps even if they weren't that well done. The Zombies mode added more reply valve to the game for me and many of my friends. I've yet to have any CoD top this one for me.

MW2 - This game was broken, but enjoyable to a point. It was here that CoD started to really get it's bad name as a place for 12 years to gather and talking about how they sexified your mother. Added on top of that the game was horrible easy. I could drop my control and get a 5 killstreak. This was also were CoD really kind of gave the PC community a big middle finger. No detecated servers, poor p2p matchmaking, and just bad balancing. I won't deny that I did play a lot of this game with my friends, but looking back onto it. I'm not honestly sure how we ever considered it a good game.

Black Ops. - Great game and loads of fun. Story was a little meh, but the multiplayer was really good. I had started doing YouTube back when this came out and it quickly became my go-to game for a video. Admittedly it also had some weapon balancing issues, but they didn't seem to be as bad as MW2. Community didn't improve much, but I can't blame the game for that.

MW3 - Modern Warfare 2.5. No improvements, predictable storyline, boring multiplayer. Only reason I have this on Steam is a friend gifted it to me after buying a cheap code on ebay. The only entertainment I got out of this game was a hacked lobby I got stuck in. In fact here is a video from my old channel describing MW3 pretty well: Click Here

Black Ops. 2 - I'll admit I don't and have never owned a copy of this game. Never played the story so I can't really comment on that. However I did play a number of the Steam Free Weekends when it was up and have to say I quite enjoyed myself. The game was a bit more twitch, and that really didn't try to make it anymore challenging, but I had fun. If I had the money to spend I may buy it when it's $30 on steam.

Ghost - No..... Just no. Let it just not...no

Advanced Warfare - Is it a great game? No. Is it a bad game? Also no. It's enjoyable...sorta. I don't really have much to say on it. The story wasn't that bad, but still was pretty predictable. Then again I only played the story for Kevin Spacey. The multiplayer isn't bad. The EXOs add a bit more to the game, but at it's core it is a CoD game. At least it's a pretty one this time around.

I'd give all of the game listed scores, but I don't like X/10 scores that much.

In the end. All CoD games are turn your brain off and shoot things. If I wanted to play a competitive shooter I'd play Counter-Strike. If I wanted to feel like a badass. I'd play Titanfall. 

Ghost - 2/10

Ghost - No..... Just no. Let it just not...no

I genuinely don't understand the hate that Ghosts gets. It has some of my favorite maps (Excluding seige. Fuck that map. That is the only Ghosts map I dislike), did the best with customization, had the best prestige system, had the best unlocking system, had the best perk systems, and had Extinction! Plus Rush was pretty damn fun. (And motha fuckin' Snoop Dogg Voice pack! I know it was just a money grab but the sure as fuck got my money. Twice.) The only downsides were that A ) The campaign was bleh B ) Multiplayer was buggy at launch (But very quickly got fixed) and C ) The killstreaks were kinda dismal.

I honestly don't understand the hate. As far as solidarity, balance, control, and playability, it is one of the best in the franchise! Plus it is my favorite for e-sports play.

And on the flip side, why does everyone love WaW so much? I honestly can't tell you why I hate it but... GOD do I hate it.