• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RAZED

Recommendations of Skyrim Mods?

21 posts in this topic

My friend just bought me skyrim and ive started to use mod and i was hoping some of you recommend me some mods to install

Most of the mods here are some of the best you should get: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/top/?

That's a great place to start. Also then after that, browse the categories you want. That's how I found most of the mods later: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/categories/?

Here's a few of my old favorites, not played Skyrim in a long time but it still has some amazing mods:

Warzones : Civil Unrest

SkyUI

Frostfall (Slight warning, this makes the game much more difficult)

ACE - Combat Skills (This one also makes the game much more difficult)

If you need any help with installing mods or have any specific ideas for a mod you want to find let me know.

Edited by mrfool
Apex Spartan likes this

Go on YouTube and look up Brodual, they do professional vids on Skyrim mods. They cover everything from graphical mods to game changing mods. They also only cover lore friendly mods, no weird stuff like pokemon in skyrim.

SkyUI is a must have, turns the menu from directly ported over to console to something designed for mouse and keyboard

I would have reccomended Warzones some time ago but right now is buggy as hell.

Besides that it really depends on what you're looking for, if you're looking for a challenging experience i would suggest you Requiem but if you prefer an easier path that's the worst mod to suggest you.

Well the Unofficial Patches are a must. Along with SkyUI.

Ultimate Follower Overhaul and Convinient Horses are also nice.

Also: Skyrim Flora Overhaul and Better Dynamic Snow. Just get these. Make Skyrim look beautiful without altering the performance.

Apocalypse Spells makes spellcasting more interesting.

Deadly Dragons and Monsters for difficulty. Also Realistic Needs and Diseases.

And Caliente's Beautiful Body for.. various enchantments.

Ultimate Follower Overhaul

That's also outdated, it works but is likely to give you problems.

Master sword mod or dragn ball z add lol sorry i have no link not a pc gamer but i saw those they looked pretty cool

Gopher does really in-depth tutorials and serious let's plays with Skyrim.

The first thing you should install is SKSE; it's a script extender that a lot of really taxing mods require to function.

One thing to note, if you haven't figured it out already, is that graphics changing mods can up the system requirements of the game significantly. Although what I found funny is that playing with the official enhanced textures mod actually had the game playing better for me than the plain vanilla version.

Without a doubt, you MUST get the Unofficial patches on Nexusmods. They fix a lot of what Bethesda couldn't be bothered with. 

SkyUI of course, as mentioned by others, is an excellent resource for keeping your inventory organized.

If you like playing as a vampire in the Elderscrolls, but have issues with how it's done (feeding resets your abilities? really!?) Better Vampires is for you. It allows you to customize how the powers work and gives a whole lot of new ones. I think it even has a version for if you don't have dawnguard.

If you are looking for a whole new questline after all the official ones, Wyrmstooth is an excellent choice. Professionally done, adds a whole new location, heck, it's practically a whole new DLC.

There are a few others I use that I can't remember the actual names of right now (magicka sabers, better maps, and several weapons and armor mods). Just search for the mods you are interested in and you can easily find them.

My recommendation is any mod that makes the game more immersive such as Hunterborn.  Of course, if you don't want to stick to the feel of Skyrim than you could download some weapon and armor mods from things such as Assassins Creed. 

Here's my modlist. I reinstalled Skyrim a month ago, so it pretty much up to date.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp (Steam)
HighResTexturePack02.esp (Steam)
HighResTexturePack03.esp (Steam)
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
AOS.esp (Audio Overhaul for Skyrim)
AMatterOfTime.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
ribeable-broom.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
Extended UI.esp
Flowing Cape.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp (Skyrim Redone)
SkyRe_Combat.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp
HillHouse.esp
Reaper's The Dark Tower.esp
Skyrim School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.esp
SMEssentialPlayer.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Better Vampires ML.esp
P1FlyingRing.esp
AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
SkyRe_Races.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
ReProccer.esp
iNeed.esp
Primal Fear - Dynamic.esp
iActivate.esp
draugrEnglishOnly.esp (Draugr speak dragonbornish. They still speak it, but you now know what they say)
AOS2_SkyRe Patch.esp
AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
SMEssentialPlayerDawnGuard.esp
WetandCold - Holidays.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
FSP - Dawnguard Edition.esp
FSP - Dragonborn Edition.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Animated Dragon Wings.esp

Its a pretty big mod list, so may need to figure out which ones you need if you have a not so strong PC.
If  you got question, I can't answer them today. For whatever reasons I'm only allowed to make one more post  for today.
Most likely to reduce spam.

Edit: Never mind. I forgot I can edit :D

Whats also a must have in my opinion: BOSS.

It makes - most often - the mod list load in the correct order. You'll notice that the game takes less time to load and there are less bugs within the game.

AND here is something which is a must have too:

Its a rather long video so I'll give a short explanation:

If you download many mods, its more likely that you get random CTD's if you go to specific places like Windhelm. Skyrim is bad at memory management. Once the packages are full the game will crash, because for whatever reason Skyrim is not able to create a new package. By rising the package limit, it doesn't have to and you will find your game less likely to CTD (Crash To Desktop), or ILS (Infinite Loading Screen).

Really useful with ENB, Warzone and other huge mods that requiere lots of memory.

Have a good one.

HAHA. There are SO many awesome mods for Skyrim It's not even funny. I used to spend hours just loading on mods and seeing how they worked, some I kept some I deleted as being broken pieces of crap. The mods gave me easily another 10-20 hours of game play after I finished. 

Whats also a must have in my opinion: BOSS.

It makes - most often - the mod list load in the correct order. You'll notice that the game takes less time to load and there are less bugs within the game.

AND here is something which is a must have too:

Its a rather long video so I'll give a short explanation:

If you download many mods, its more likely that you get random CTD's if you go to specific places like Windhelm. Skyrim is bad at memory management. Once the packages are full the game will crash, because for whatever reason Skyrim is not able to create a new package. By rising the package limit, it doesn't have to and you will find your game less likely to CTD (Crash To Desktop), or ILS (Infinite Loading Screen).

Really useful with ENB, Warzone and other huge mods that requiere lots of memory.

Have a good one.

BOSS is outdated. LOOT is the new one

I tried Boss a couple of times and messed up my load order so i'm not running it, it takes little time to undestand where to put your mods if you use the NMM.

Just posted this response in another almost identical (but less active) topic! Thought I'd add it here as well but I was going to be posting anyway because I forgot all about Warzones : Civil Unrest. No idea if it's bugged up now as suggested by another poster but when it worked I really enjoyed it. een a while though!

Also:
Have you come across Helgen Reborn? I found that to be an enjoyable mod that sees you help to rebuild the town of Helgen that's flattened by a dragon in the intro. Rewards you with a tower home too which is cool (especially the 'achievemnt' trophies) but wasn't really to my tastes. 

I don't know if there are any more of these yet but I played a couple of quest mods under the 'Fight against the Thalmor' title. They're pretty self-explanatory and an enjoyable bit of fanfiction that I seem to remember enjoying. 

After much hype I tried Moonpath to Elsweyr which was a journey to the Khajiit homeland but was bored with the apparently linear journey and so didn't keep it for long. 

I also tried Falskaar, the much acclaimed New Lands mod that was made by a college leaver as an attempt to be hired by Bethesda. I was amazed at how disappointed I was after all the hype. I didn't see a great deal of the place but the beginning was confusing (couldn't get through the damn gate!) and all of the areas I visited seemed to just be huge expanses of nothing filled with flora and fauna. I could do that, they were barely even heightmapped...