• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Levatte

Street Fighter 5!!!!

50 posts in this topic

Street Fighter 5 exclusive for the PS4, just leaked on YouTube. The video has since been made private. Was most likely going to be revealed at the PlayStation experience tomorrow on the 6th of December 2014. What is your opinion on the new Street fighter 5 being exclusive on PS4. I know I'm excited. (^_^

I can guarantee when the game eventually comes out it wont be ps4/PC exclusive.

Easpecially when you consider the fact that xbox live has waaay more people who play sf4.  I dont see Capcom alienating all those players.

Easpecially when you consider the fact that xbox live has waaay more people who play sf4.  I dont see Capcom alienating all those players.

Unless money is behind that reason than capcom will be all aboard, But yeah if its not that than i can't see it being that way as well since its all xbox live for console players.

Sony should put the cash into bringing back Bloody roar and make that a PS exclusive.

Unfortunate for Xbox One users and an ugly practice for Sony (unless they're funding or co developing this). They should have invested the money, if they money hatted it, to their old classic ips instead since SFV will definitely sell more on PS4.

That said i'm hyped for this game :) SF is the only fighting game that I play due to lesser reliance on combo. Not the biggest fan of the SFIV aesthetic so i'm not a big fan of this one too. 

To be fair I think a lot of xbox 360 users migrated to PS4 given that multiplat software sales are always in favor of PS4 on US (base on NPD), which is MS strongest market. Even COD:AW and Madden sold more on PS4, that said this still a disgusting practice in general :/ Don't worry all platforms will get the SFV super duper extreme edition along with Rise of the Tomb Raider definitive edition :)

I think this is a response to Microsoft IP Killer instinct. Sony wants there own Fighting game IP. Hence The Street Fighter 5 deal they made.

Welp from what it seems like, this is not timed.

Welp from what it seems like, this is not timed.

Yeah I think they said "life time" exclusive for the title but i'm guessing the ultra edition will be available to others. It's a smart get from business stand point since Fighting Games is the weakest on Sony's portfolio imo (they only have GG Xrd as an exclusive and even then it's available to ps3). Sucks for Xbox One consumers though :(

I just watched Joe's Epic Fail video about the matter, I did laugh quite hard being a yes "Sony fanboy" but that's only because great games such as Killer Instinct and Tomb Raider have been taken over to the Microsoft darkside. I know Tomb Raider is a timed but damn I was a huge fan of KI and would have loved to been able to play it on my PS4. I hate that for gamers in general that are fans of Street Fighter, but I'm excited regardless.

All things aside. I heard a neat theory about the possibility of why Street Fighter 5 might possibly be for PS4 only. Look Capcom isn't so well and maybe this was a project that wasn't gonna happen for along time. Maybe Sony made a offer that helped get this project life. Much like Bayonetta 2 wasn't gonna happen until Nintendo put money on it to let it happen. Does it suck yes, but maybe because this happen we wouldn't have this talk of even Street Fighter 5 coming soon. I say this as not the biggest fan of fighting games.

But I might aswell point out my own hypocrisy. Back when Tomb Raider was announced exclusive for Xbox One I felt hurt as well. Maybe I just finally understand as a outsider looking in, rather than hurt. But I know your pain, just not as big of a sting. 

giphy.gif

dsnt.gif

tumblr_mvgkbu45Aq1r44qc3o2_250.gif

tumblr_m6144esY6n1rzr3tso1_500.gif

I'm glad personally as a PS4 fan, although I do feel bad for Xbox One but I think Sony have gave Capcom a big loan to make this game. It just makes sense, it's no secret that Capcom have been Struggling maybe they were struggling so much that they couldn't afford to make the game.

tumblr_mda3w1RRJK1rpn610o1_400.gif

angry_joe_fun_text_by_metalgear123_d7cvs

All things aside. I heard a neat theory about the possibility of why Street Fighter 5 might possibly be for PS4 only. Look Capcom isn't so well and maybe this was a project that wasn't gonna happen for along time. Maybe Sony made a offer that helped get this project life. Much like Bayonetta 2 wasn't gonna happen until Nintendo put money on it to let it happen. Does it suck yes, but maybe because this happen we wouldn't have this talk of even Street Fighter 5 coming soon. I say this as not the biggest fan of fighting games.

But I might aswell point out my own hypocrisy. Back when Tomb Raider was announced exclusive for Xbox One I felt hurt as well. Maybe I just finally understand as a outsider looking in, rather than hurt. But I know your pain, just not as big of a sting. 

I think SF5 will eventually happen but a 'push' from Sony made it happen outright. Ono (producer for SF5) said himself that there's no budget or man power for the game (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/). From Sony's standpoint it's actually a really good deal, they'll have a great fighting game with great brand name plus they'll bolster their fg portfolio given that One has KI on their side. On Capcom's side, well they're pretty much hurting right now as a company plus the game will probably sell a lot more on PS4 than Xbox One given the huge gap between the consoles userbase-wise. Another cause might be the "cross-platform"; MS doesn't support cross platform gaming iirc that's the reason why FF14 isn't on Xbox One and 360, i'm not sure why not now since Shadow Run for 360 does.

I think as the sales gap grows larger, we're seeing more and more of this console exclusive deals in favor PS4 and MS will have to give more and more money to acquire these said deals. MS has a huge war chest though so it shouldn't be a problem, if they invest more diverse lineup rather than their staple genre i'll probably buy Xbox One in a year or so ( Lost Odyssey 2 please :( ). 

Still it's unfortunate for Xbox One's fan, you'll probably get the ultra version though like PS4 users will get the definite version of TR (which isn't much since UC4 is looking phenomenal but still).

V0FW4XU.gif

wtf-japan-funny-hump.gif