• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Levatte

Street Fighter 5!!!!

50 posts in this topic

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1157.gif

I just want to point out I just wanted to convey sadness at the loss of street fighter xP not start a gif war

1157.gif

I just want to point out I just wanted to convey sadness at the loss of street fighter xP not start a gif war

giphy.gif

Far too late to, this war will rage on!

giphy.gif

Far too late to, this war will rage on!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21069-1405685596-7.

One of you just put a Chuck Norris gif then the other do a Bruce Lee one and just end the war!!

Sol Omega likes this

Yeah, if you guys could stop...

lumbergh.jpg

...that would be great...

Yea I'm done. lol.

Yea I'm done. lol.

giphy.gif

I accept your defeat.

But back on track. I know express his feelings towards Street Fighter V and its exclusive to PS4 only, with... anger. I once again like to state I see this more as a Bayonetta 2 situation. Bayonetta 2 was not gonna get made, ever, until Nintendo came in and threw money and co-developed with them. Here we are with Capcom, they weren't gonna make Street Fighter 5 from what we can grab in past interviews. They didn't have the budget or time to work on another. Playstation must have given them that budget and is co-developing it. It does suck that XB1 guys wont be able to play Street Fighter V, but at the sametime atleast there is a world we live in now where Street Fighter V is a thing. When there have been a higher chance of never being a thing.

You can't really get mad at Sony because if they didn't put money first towards SFV then Microsoft would have done it because there are lots of SF players on xbox. Then everybody would just have gotten mad at xbox. It just makes sense. And Capcom probably made a deal or contract saying they won't want to make it console exclusive because they would want more sales so Sony and Capcom probably came to a compromise about it being on PC. Probably.

There has been no mention of "Rise of the Tomb Raider" being a permanent exclusive to the Xbox One. My guess is if SF V does well SF VI will be on the Xbox One.

Phil Spencer had a nice response to it:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/8/7352609/xbox-head-reacts-to-news-of-street-fighter-exclusive-its-all-part-of

"Business deals happen," Spencer wrote in reply to a question on Twitter about the deal. "We won't do all of them. When we have a 1st party franchise in a genre I'd rather invest in ours."

"I'd love it if Xbox fans could play all of the games, but business just makes some deals happen," he replied to another tweet. "It's all part of competition."

Spencer added, after a fan wrote that delivering a new Banjo-Kazooie or Conker to the Xbox One would make up for the loss of the next Street Fighter on the console,  that he loves the idea of "game franchise bartering. I'll work on making amends for SF."

In another he noted that competition is good for the industry.

"I appreciate the competition, they do good work," he wrote. "I just focus on us and like you say, I think that makes us better."

You can't really get mad at Sony because if they didn't put money first towards SFV then Microsoft would have done it because there are lots of SF players on xbox. Then everybody would just have gotten mad at xbox.

That's away too look at it. No matter what would have happen people would have gotten mad. I guess it's the way of the internet. When you take a cat toy away that the cat was maybe gonna get, the cat would get mad. What I'm saying is the internet is just cats, we're cats.

There has been no mention of "Rise of the Tomb Raider" being a permanent exclusive to the Xbox One. My guess is if SF V does well SF VI will be on the Xbox One.

Phil Spencer had a nice response to it:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/8/7352609/xbox-head-reacts-to-news-of-street-fighter-exclusive-its-all-part-of

I would literally feel completely better about the entire situation if we got a new banjo-kazooie. doesnt even need to be exclusive, just gimme!

Chumbry42 likes this

There has been no mention of "Rise of the Tomb Raider" being a permanent exclusive to the Xbox One.

You come back to what might have been the situation for Street Fighter, which is different from Tomb Raider. In Tomb Raiders case it wasn't and isn't a failure and Square-Enix (you can argue against it) isn't a failing company or in trouble of funding. Capcom on the other hand has not been doing well for the last three years. I'm a broken record at this point, but it had to been a very different environment to see how things have played out.

My guess is if SF V does well SF VI will be on the Xbox One.

But I do agree here, If SFV can be the first step getting Capcom to a healthy company. I agree the next Street Fighter title will be on XB1. Plus we don't know! All we know is XB1 wont get Street Fight V, whose to say XB1 will get Super Street Fighter V?

I think Sony and Capcom has made it very clear, that PS4 is the only console that SFV is going to appear on. You will notice that this is very different from Microsoft's dodgy responses when questioned about Tomb Raider's timed exclusivity. Sony also have made several announcement in the past where they made clear to state so when a game is timed exclusive.

I would literally feel completely better about the entire situation if we got a new banjo-kazooie. doesnt even need to be exclusive, just gimme!

With the current Rare? Hell no, it's pretty much Rare in name only anyway. They should give the IP to another studio though (project spark team?) like what they did with KI, which is a great fighting game.

The next SFVI will be on Xbox but it's probably next gen, they're gonna milk SFV again with ultra, super etc releases. To be honest I think Sony got the better deal out of this since it's gonna be Uncharted vs TR and SF vs KI.

I think we can all agree that Street Fighter 5 will have more iterations of it in the future like Turbo, Super and what have you. Will this exclusivity extend to those too?

Will this exclusivity extend to those too?

That was what I was trying to ask and/or say earlier. Just had trouble wording it.

I am trying my hardest to restrain myself from buying games which are console exclusive unless they are new IP's. It's just not good for gamers and I don't know any better way to show my dislike than with my wallet.

No idea why ppl think exclusives hurt gamers.  If i wanted to play a game bad enough i would buy the console i needed to play it on.  If i didnt feel buying a new console was worth it for that game then...................well i just simply wouldnt buy it.

The console market is a business and as a business Sony and MS (and Nintendo) will complete deals in order to get one over the competition.  If all games were released on all consoles then there would be no reason to buy certain consoles meaning that console would no longer exist.  Hell if all games were multi console release back in the playstation 1 era i can guarantee there would be no xbox now and possibly no nintendo console either.

We'll have to wait and see were all this will go with Street Fighter 5. All that said i will finally purchase an arcade stick and play USF4, Skull Girls & MKX to hold me over. Wile the wait for SF5 will be long thankfully not to long thanks to Sony.