• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shagger

FFVII announced for PS4, and the PS Universe...

71 posts in this topic

.. is RAGING!

I'm not even kidding! For years the FF fanbase has been in blind fury over nor no FFVII re-make for a new console, now the game is announced for PS4, they are up in arms over it!

I understand in the sense it's not a full on re-vamp like Halo MCC or Kingdom Hearts, but the age and code for this game would make a full re-make to expensive and time consuming for Square' to develop. This version is updated to some extent, but it's not enough apparently.

I liked the original, but it's not my favourite FF, I'd even say it's a bit overrated (I thought FFX was way better), and I clearly have a very one sided bias here, but hearing the rage that FF fans are in over this is just weird to me.

I'm not staring this topic to rant, rage and purposely piss of anyone who is upset over this, I only want to try and get some scope as to why this is happening among the fans.

Here's the trailer;

Honestly never understood why fans trusted square to remake it after games like 13 in the first place these days. They got what they asked for just not quite what they expected.

Yes, a full ff7 remake would cost quite a bit, but probably still less than ff13 sequels and would've made them more money. This is just the steam version ported back to ps4.

FF7 became a cult RPG because it was the first FF in PS1

Just like FF4 was the first for SNES and FF10 was the first for PS2.

For some reason, those titles, being the first of their platform have larger fanbases than the titles released later for the same platforms.

The desire for a remake is just another form of nostalgia.

I guess players wanted it to include a graphical upgrade and probably some extra content. Sad for them if didn't happen.

Now, on the other hand, FF7 has the most spinoffs among the franchise. It was a consequence of fame, but it made people get even more invested in that universe.

Never played this back in the olden days so I'll play this.

Sony and Square failed. :(  :angry:

You see, that's the thing, they didn't fail. They made and published a hugely successful game before half the trolls moaning about this were even alive.

Nah square failed... at making proper mana sequels after legend of mana.. dear god how did they butcher such a great series so well. Not even Activision could ruin it that much.

Honestly never understood why fans trusted square to remake it after games like 13 in the first place these days. They got what they asked for just not quite what they expected.

I own 7 and hated it. I also own 13 and loved it. You and i have nothing in common.

I own 7 and hated it. I also own 13 and loved it. You and i have nothing in common.

I didn't like both to be honest i just was meaning in general terms of most people, more of a 6 guy myself. The whole game plays itself and you just shift stances not for me, but yeah i digress anyway. 

Puntosmx likes this

what exactly is the point of this when you could just buy FF7 for the ps one and play it using your perfectly capable HD compatible PS3?

all ps one games played on the PS3 display in HD. this re-release for the PS4 is quite simply the ps one version being able to be played on the PS4 because the idiots that sony are refused to allow the console to have backwards compatibility.

had they done so, your PS one discs of FF7 would have worked in the PS4 EXACTLY the same way this version is going to work. you can even play this announced PS4 version right now via steam on your PC, and guess what, you can even hook your gfx card up to your TV with an HDMI cable and play it with a controller, just like you would be able to on the PS4, for a fraction of the price.

oh and also guess what, did you also really like FF8 and wanted a remake of that in HD? yup, that's on steam too, also with controller support.

furthermore, they're probably going to add a hefty pricetag for a game that released in 1997, i mean how much more of a slap in the face do you have to be given to see that companies like sony and square do not give 1 flying fuck about you or your wishes.

HOWEVER having said that, i agree with it simply being a RE-release rather than a full blown remake. at least sony and square realise for once in their god damned pathetic lives, with all the shit games they have been making as of late, that a remake of FF7 would only end up being a miserable and dissapointing pile of crap.

so for once, be happy that they listened and gave you exactly what you asked for, a modern cloud saving (get it, cloud and saving, lol) HD working version of FF7 that you can play on your next gen console. be happy that this re-release is not just a ps one classic being made to work on the PS4 via emulation. be happy it's a PS4 game, of a classic ps one game.

just stop! be happy! stop with all the whining and crying. i know square and sony are a bunch of morons but at least they're doing their best to listen to everyone's pathetic demands.

this infuriates me so much. if you really want to play FF7 just go and frikin play it then! play it on your PC via emulation so long as you own the game on disc and a ps one console. play it on your PS one console even, or play it in a PS3 in full blown HD with a wireless controller, or play it on steam in the same way, or on your PC, so many damn ways to play this game in the condition you want it and people are still whining... jesus christ.

internet is so toxic nowadays.

Well, if it wasn't for the random encounters, I'd get the console just to play it, but as it stands I'll just get the Steam version at some point. Personally I found that VII has the best characters whereas IX had the best story. Didn't quite like X, though. Guess their first attempt at voice acting didn't sit quite well with me.

had they done so, your PS one discs of FF7 would have worked in the PS4 EXACTLY the same way this version is going to work. you can even play this announced PS4 version right now via steam on your PC, and guess what, you can even hook your gfx card up to your TV with an HDMI cable and play it with a controller, just like you would be able to on the PS4, for a fraction of the price.

How could that possibly be true when PC's are that much more expensive than consoles? We've been through this before. You can hook up a modern PC to a TV, but there's good reasons why most people don't. Who do that for the sake of this game even before this was announced for the PS4?

Doesn't the PSOne Classic being sold also upscale when played on the PS3? I gotta say that I also personally don't see the point in re-releasing this again on the PS4, and understand people's disappointment that it isn't the re-master that they were asking for. But that's no reason to rage about it. As Tim said, and I think someone at Square did too, the work needed to do this would be too much, and it would take a real long time.

I played almost every FF game:

FF IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, Tactics, a bit of Tactics Advance... XIV Beta...

Rite now I do not have most of them and even though I do have FFVII on my PSX, I want to get 1 more copy in the future anso for PSX and now I will probably pick up this remake as well.

But... I also think that FFVII is not the best. Not even in a series but on PS One / PSX. For example IX looks way better.

But I would love to be able to play like an "extra content" a side story of Sephiroth for example :P

I don't need same thing without any changes

Doesn't the PSOne Classic being sold also upscale when played on the PS3? I gotta say that I also personally don't see the point in re-releasing this again on the PS4, and understand people's disappointment that it isn't the re-master that they were asking for. But that's no reason to rage about it. As Tim said, and I think someone at Square did too, the work needed to do this would be too much, and it would take a real long time.

OH NO! Really ?! You need manpower and money to make a game? HOLY SHIT thanks I didn't know that. You are right it is better to remaster a game that no one wants instead the one people want

Puntosmx likes this

I rather wait for ff15 since that got me interested then ff7 honestly.

How could that possibly be true when PC's are that much more expensive than consoles? We've been through this before. You can hook up a modern PC to a TV, but there's good reasons why most people don't. Who do that for the sake of this game even before this was announced for the PS4?

it was just an example. you can still play FF7 NOW on the PS3, it's not going to look any different on the PS4, the game is STILL in HD on the PS3. the PS3 upscales to HD all ps one games, whether it's a disc or bought on the PSN store. (answer's meatshield's question).

Only reason I am a little upset about it is watching the announcement be built up like something amazing was going to happen for FFVII. I understand SE just wants to make sure the game is available on every platform, but damn, it didn't need hype built up like it did.

Well for anyone that loves Final Fantasy can agree that we have had to deal with a bunch of bullshit from our favorite franchise (insert FF13 joke here)

And of course we have had to deal with remake after remake after remake and this one was no different. At the Playstation keynote many people thought they where going to see news about Final Fantasy 15 but when they saw the Roman Numeral for 7 everyone collectively weny "Why"?

What's the purpose of porting the PC version you can get on Steam at this very moment to the PS4? I'm sure many fans got the remake on steam and it's clearly not going to be the console buyer so what's the point? Is it because Square Enix is buying time to work on FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3? Or is it a quick cash grab to exploit die hard fans of the Final Fantasy franchise?? 

Puntosmx likes this

lmfao honestly FF7 was good but FF6 is probably the best one for me 

if this is in fact the "remake" of FF7 for PS4 yeah i can see why people are pissed off if your going to remake such a popular title do it correctly dont half ass it and expect the fans to be happy lol

for me it's not a remake. It's a re-re-release which changes almost nothing aside from compatibility and achievements. For a true Release it should be programmed from 0 and that means:

- a complete new Engine

- more open Worldish focus

- no pre-rendered Backgrounds 

- Direct X11/Mantle Support, HD/4K Textures

- more/new Animations and Details

- new/more Weapons/Items/Materia/Magic/Skills

- new/more Locations

- new/more Enemies/Bosses

- multiple Endings

- New game+ Mode

- New/More companions

- free Camera Rotation and Angles

- more Options in Fight (using Stuff in the Surroundings, more Tactical approach, One-hit Kill Stealth Kills etc...) 

- more Micromanagement (Power ups, Skill/Ability Points/specialization, Item/Armor/Weapon carrying for companions)

- Mod Support/Editor

stuff like that.

for me it's not a remake. It's a re-re-release which changes almost nothing aside from compatibility and achievements. For a true Release it should be programmed from 0 and that means:

- a complete new Engine

- more open Worldish focus

- no pre-rendered Backgrounds 

- Direct X11/Mantle Support, HD/4K Textures

- more/new Animations and Details

- new/more Weapons/Items/Materia/Magic/Skills

- new/more Locations

- new/more Enemies/Bosses

- multiple Endings

- New game+ Mode

- New/More companions

- free Camera Rotation and Angles

- more Options in Fight (using Stuff in the Surroundings, more Tactical approach, One-hit Kill Stealth Kills etc...) 

- more Micromanagement (Power ups, Skill/Ability Points/specialization, Item/Armor/Weapon carrying for companions)

- Mod Support/Editor

stuff like that.

So basically for a re-make you want a completely different game?

So basically for a re-make you want a completely different game?

no. the core, the story should be untouched. But improving and expanding every other aspect is essential for being a Remake.