• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

11 posts in this topic

Insurgency

Insurgency is a FPS shooter. However, unlike most FPS games, Insurgency adds a flare of realism to the well-known FPS formula. The follow-up game to the Source mod under the same name, Insurgency is highly competitive and unforgivably lethal and manages to strike a balance between one-life gameplay (Rainbow Six) and prolonged action (CS:GO).

The Pros:

·        Gameplay: If you want to win (or even survive) in Insurgency, you need to be tactical, or you're going to die, A LOT. There’s no minimap, no killcam, no health meter, no hit/kill notification, realistic recoil, etc. Insurgency forces you to check corners, control recoil, to communicate with your teammates, etc. All of this results in some very intense (and sometimes prolonged) firefights.

·        Team-work: The game actively promotes teamwork. A team full of experienced FPS players communicating to each through TeamSpeak will almost always destroy the opposing team. Therefore, it is very important to communicate with your fellow teammates whenever you can. Relaying a targets position or laying down suppressing fire for a team member stuck behind cover can, more often than not, tip the match in your favour.

·        Content: There are plenty of weapons and maps, tons of game modes. The game has Co-op, were you and a bunch of friends can battle against difficult groups of AI soldiers. The game also has 8 PVP game modes ranging from standard Teamdeath match to modes such as CTF and a Battlefield-like Rush mode.

·        Fair gameplay: The game has a great loadout system that revolves around the use of points. As everyone starts with the same points, nobody ever gets an advantage. Plus, most of the guns and gadgets are well balanced.

The Cons:

·        The game can be frustrating (AI a little too accurate at higher levels. There has been moments when I and my entire team have all been killed by a single RPG immediately after spawning). Also, the one hit kill can be annoying for some.

·        Visually, Insurgency isn't anything special, but the detail put into the guns is well done. However, none of the visuals here will stop you from enjoying the game.

·        If you are looking for a story, well… there isn’t one. All you need to know is that you’re a guy with a gun and you shoot bad guys for a living. The end.

Events:

• Co-op events: Who can survive the longest on survival mode.
  • PVP events: 2 teams of AJSA members can battle it out.

People that are already interested in supporting Insurgency:

Tons0fun

SgtRoss

Saldytuwas

Mondez

AverageSpacePope

agosparti

Redjakk

Pcgamer41

Donut_king2

Thesilentwindow

Zyrken

Humourousone

I will support it if we install M-16 senpai! (i will support it anyways :3)

thesilentwindow likes this

Tack me onto that list Pope. Been enjoy the shit out of the game with a friend lately. Would love to see the AJSA do something for it.

Hey Pope you forget my name and i think you did that on Purpose :) i have the most hrs played out of all of you! Soo i support this game alot!

I do appologise for the lateness of my post. I have been busy with a recent move. So on to the topic.

I have seen quite a few people interested in this game as well as some good potential for some community events. I am currently at work but when I get home I will create a channel in teamspeak for you guys if there is not one already created. We can also see about some server support for the game as well through vilayer to help support any future events.

The only question left is who will lead the events for the game. Seeing as pope is already the leader for BF games we may have to locate a new leader. Let me talk this over with the others and see if we are going to have pope lead this or someone else. If anyone is interested they are more than welcome to speak up and we will take it in to consideration.

I do appologise for the lateness of my post. I have been busy with a recent move. So on to the topic.

I have seen quite a few people interested in this game as well as some good potential for some community events. I am currently at work but when I get home I will create a channel in teamspeak for you guys if there is not one already created. We can also see about some server support for the game as well through vilayer to help support any future events.

The only question left is who will lead the events for the game. Seeing as pope is already the leader for BF games we may have to locate a new leader. Let me talk this over with the others and see if we are going to have pope lead this or someone else. If anyone is interested they are more than welcome to speak up and we will take it in to consi

Seph i could be possibility be the leader for insurgency because well for me its a new genre of fps and i found it interesting and it the only game i been constantly playing for the past weeks soo im kind MLG good at it lol :) but server side i wont be able to handle it just because i have no money but once available i will be tweaking setting for events and stuff soo you got a pro here  ;) take that as a consideration like you said alright good. 

I second the support of Insurgency! I map for this game, and am willing to help support it.

Sorry for the late reply guys, been kinda busy buying Christmas presents :P I would be more then happy to be the game leader for Insurgency. I already have plenty of experience when it comes to running game servers so I think that I could run an Insurgency server quite easily. However, if anyone else believes that they are more qualified/suitable for the position, I would be more then happy to step aside.

Sorry for the late reply guys, been kinda busy buying Christmas presents :P I would be more then happy to be the game leader for Insurgency. I already have plenty of experience when it comes to running game servers so I think that I could run an Insurgency server quite easily. However, if anyone else believes that they are more qualified/suitable for the position, I would be more then happy to step aside.

Pope if you did not read my last reply on this post i was gonna be applying to be the leader of this game because if you were it on this game i think you will have too many thing to do at the same time but i can ease that if you choose me for the lead i have the reasons a little further ahead!

Pope will be leading the charge in Insurgency. Please refer to him if want to know anything regarding any upcoming events for the game. Good luck everyone :D

Pope I will need to meet with you soon to go over a few things in teamspeak. I will also be sending you a PM with more info.

AverageSpacePope and Mondez like this