• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ghostgamer

Kinda New to PC gaming, Any Tips or Tricks before or during build

11 posts in this topic

Edit: Hey guys, I got what i believe to be my build, i jusy wanted to post it here just for opinions and tips on my build before i buy everything. I am still on edge about my case and keyboard and mouse combo. If there is anything you recommend around the same price point please reply. Tx

Pc build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ghostgamer/saved/Zdw8TW

Keyboard and mouse:http:

//www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MTIBC2Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1419258694&sr=8-2π=AC_SX200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=51Z6ByWBaKL&ref=plSrch

Edited by Ghostgamer

Hey, I'm making my first PC this Christmas and want to find out if there is anything I should know before building it. Like complications I can avoid or things I should do. What kind of monitor I should get or keyboard and mouse?I have played a few games on my laptop but its falling apart and isn't powerful enough to play big games. My total including my build, the monitor, keyboard and mouse is $600. 

I am doing the Next-gen Exterminator:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

Keyboard & Mouse:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Desktop-MK120-Mouse-keyboard/dp/B003NREDC8/

Get a mouse that has a DPI-switch, like a Roccat mouse

I would say keep the bags your parts come in and keep them in there until you need them. And set them on the bags if you are just going to check the fit (for like the motherboard) never place them on the floor directly.

Puntosmx likes this

I would say keep the bags your parts come in and keep them in there until you need them. And set them on the bags if you are just going to check the fit (for like the motherboard) never place them on the floor directly.

dont set it on top of the bags it is a misconseption that thay are anti stadic inside and out only the inside are anti static the outside of thows bags are cunductic if your going to handel the conponits ether get a real anti static mat or hold them by the sides whar thare are to PBCs

cable management!!! keep it tidy! 

do not rush, take your time

test as you go

keep a clean work space 

Have some good music on standby. I recommend having the sopranos on in the back round

keeps all the boxes left over parts and bags for a few weeks after the build, just in case something goes bad :( 

Don't lick the cpu

There are loads of videos on youtube on building pc's, watch a few and plan yourself what you plan to do. CPU first with cooler, cables for power etc. Don't just start plugging things in.

When buying ram sticks, make sure you get unbuffered ECC RAM, unless you are building a server computer. Unbuffered ECC RAM (or non-ecc RAM) is for normal desktop motherboards.

Highly recommended that you get a Power supply with both sata and molex cables and that is 600+ wats

Get a big sized Full PC case. Newer graphic cards are really long and thick. Sometimes they wont fit in mid tower cases or smaller and the more room you have, the more air flow and less clutter you have to work around.

Act like its open heart surgery, take your time and and do things carefully.

Never touch the top face or the pins on the cpu when installing.

look at some installation guides online with a lot of photos showing what to do.

Make sure your motherboard will work with the cpu and ram sticks you are going to buy. Go on the motherboard company's website to see what they recommend for your exact motherboard.

Apply some thermal compound on top of cpu face, then put the heat sink on top.

In the end, check if your cables are all plugged in the right places and are out of the way of the fans.

Make sure that your switch is set to on "I"(if it comes with one) and it is set for "115" red slider on the power supply, after you plug in power cable.

cable management!!! keep it tidy! 

do not rush, take your time

test as you go

keep a clean work space 

Have some good music on standby. I recommend having the sopranos on in the back round

keeps all the boxes left over parts and bags for a few weeks after the build, just in case something goes bad :(

Don't lick the cpu

There are loads of videos on youtube on building pc's, watch a few and plan yourself what you plan to do. CPU first with cooler, cables for power etc. Don't just start plugging things in.

So THAT'S where I went wrong!

moneyman12167 likes this

1. make sure you have a powerful enough power supply unit for what you are buying. use this to calculate: http://support.asus.com/PowerSupply.aspx?SLanguage=en 

2. make sure you put the CPU into the motherboard the correct way, arrow matching the arrow on the socket on the board.

3. ignore people telling you to not touch the gold plates on the connectors on the ram or graphics card. touching them does nothing. also don't bother earthing yourself. don't bother NOT using a magnetic screwdriver to easily place small screws into tight corners - just do it, nothing's going to break. been doing this for 16 years never had a problem.

4. use high quality thermal paste such as arctic silver for your CPU and your cpu cooler / heatsink. don't use the crap that it comes with if it's a retail CPU. oh and if it's a retail CPU dont use the retail heatsink cooler, get a proper one from coolermaster or zalman for example.

5. forget about watercooling. good thermal paste and lots of fans will be enough to keep the system at a good temperature. if you want to... drill big holes in the side of the case panel, the key to a lower temp is not just air, it's ventilation. the more easy ventilation for the hot air to escape, the cooler the system will be.

6. do not buy / build an overkill spec of a system for a fortune. for £600-700 your PC will be as capable as the £1000-2000 worth PC on any games or any photography you need to do.

7. wash your hands before building a PC. dirt or fluff getting onto any components could affect them and cause you problems.

3. ignore people telling you to not touch the gold plates on the connectors on the ram or graphics card. touching them does nothing. also don't bother earthing yourself. don't bother NOT using a magnetic screwdriver to easily place small screws into tight corners - just do it, nothing's going to break. been doing this for 16 years never had a problem.

I'd say "do not ignore them, just don't panic over it".

Touching grounded plates is enough to draw staic electricity away.

Also, wear cotton clothes, to reduce static accumulation.

Also, don't assemble while over a carpet.

Also, don't assemble while wearing only socks and no shoes.

Also, don't assemble while wearing socks and no shoes over a carpet.

^_^

I'd say "do not ignore them, just don't panic over it".

Touching grounded plates is enough to draw staic electricity away.

Also, wear cotton clothes, to reduce static accumulation.

Also, don't assemble while over a carpet.

Also, don't assemble while wearing only socks and no shoes.

Also, don't assemble while wearing socks and no shoes over a carpet.

^_^

or you could just assemble it naked. problem solved. just watch out for sharp edges, wouldn't want to get any cuts on the lady penetrating device.

or you could just assemble it naked. problem solved. just watch out for sharp edges, wouldn't want to get any cuts on the lady penetrating device.

Di- Did you install cams on my home? Stop spying on me! ;)

Pic related

coalgirls_serial_experiments_lain_03_100