• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Gavin

Strategy Games in AJSA

AJSA strategy board   407 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in playing multiplayer strategy games in AJSA?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

164 posts in this topic

This idea sprung in my mind, to help make AJSA a community where strategy games are actual played. The strategy genre is a rather small bunch, and its really difficult to play these games in multiplayer due to the fact not many people are making open servers. I've met others that agree with me, and we want to make a AJSA a stronger community by forming a strong strategy section. This poll is to get a general idea of what people play and what people are interested in. The examples below are very few game series that scratch the surface of our list. If you play any strategy games we'd appreciate the effort :D

interested in playing some strategy games, ex. Civilization, Total War, Starcraft, etc. Please vote down below

Shogun, tuckeroo92 and Cevap like this

I would play strategy games such as supreme commander or command and conquer with the Angry Army.

FlurpDurp likes this

Strategy Games....those days were awesome..I remember playing Age Of Empires I and II , Age Of Mythology, StarCraft, Rise Of Nations .....thats a good idea....

doom likes this

Any game in the genre is perfect :D

But ya this pull is to just get a good idea of what people want because i need the people to back this idea up if we want to get an actual thing goin

Strategy is probably my favorite genre!

Same. XCom, Shogun 2, Jagged Alliance 2, Crusader Kings 2. Love SRPGs too but those aren't really an online thing.

Technocrate and Shogun like this

Lets play some strategy.

Gavin likes this

It would be good if people voted so we could see the total amount of people who are interested

Gavin likes this

I personally love strategy games... Like love them.. 

When Joe played BF4 yesterday he kept trying to put an emphasis on teamplay and objectives (because he kept forgetting thats what its all about xP) so it'd be a great addition

Shogun likes this

I really like the Civ and Total War series. I started both on Civ 1 and Shogun Total War 1. The only problem I find with Strategy games is they can eat a lot of time to get a game or 2 in :( Not really conducive to someone who works, married, etc.

I really like the Civ and Total War series. I started both on Civ 1 and Shogun Total War 1. The only problem I find with Strategy games is they can eat a lot of time to get a game or 2 in :( Not really conducive to someone who works, married, etc.

As this is true i feel its more rewarding when you win after putting long effort into a single game

As this is true i feel its more rewarding when you win after putting long effort into a single game

Oh for sure, I always go biggest maps and max NPC's in single player.

Oh for sure, I always go biggest maps and max NPC's in single player.

Its no fun without it

If we had web versions of Risk, Monopoly, Pandemic, ect... this place would be packed full of Strategy games. I love Strategy. Makes your brain work harder.

fr3q3nc, Bloodangel421 and Gavin like this

Some strategy games would be nice, but that is a very wide turn. Are we talking god games, rts, turn based strategy, tactical strategy?. I have a few rts that i would love to play with some friends, so yeah, i support this idea. Though there is another forum, dedicated to these suggestions, might wanna move this

fr3q3nc likes this

Some strategy games would be nice, but that is a very wide turn. Are we talking god games, rts, turn based strategy, tactical strategy?. I have a few rts that i would love to play with some friends, so yeah, i support this idea. Though there is another forum, dedicated to these suggestions, might wanna move this

RTS, Turn Based, Tactical, etc. we can do any strategy genre. because many people like different ones. And i believe the angry army has enough strategists for us to make an active community out of. We just need to find them.

For myself, I sort of don't really count RTS as a proper strategy type myself, not that they aren't strategic or I don't enjoy them, to me strategy is when you can sit and think and formulate your plan of attack, not who has the highest clicks per min. I know Total War has an RTS aspect but it has a lot more depth than that as it takes troop morale, fatigue, training, equipment, terain, elevation, formation, etc, and favors the smarter player over the clickest clicker.

Bloodangel421 likes this

Strategy games are the bomb. Im a big fan of the Command and Conquer series.

Shogun likes this

Keep in mind that rts can be very, very, slow paced. Take for example crusader kings, yeah, that game is an rts, but you never realize it cause you spend so much time with the game paused. Rts can be very tactical, but it is typically a very different strategy. In starcraft, you are not sitting there planning your every move, slowly moving your troops around like a game of chess. Instead, you are making quick decisions, and reacting to things as fast as you can. That is no less strategic, but it is very different. I tend to group rts's into 3 categories.

Fast paced: A prime example being sc2

Medium paced: Take for example supreme commander

Slow paced: Such as sins of a solar empire

What about board games?

Ya, im down for some board games. I personally enjoy chess, and i would consider that a strategy game. I also like me some monopoly :D

Board games? sure, just come over to my house tonight, and we can play some munchkin