• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ErotesAmaros

EvE Online?

17 posts in this topic

Yo. In fact I was on EVE just 10 minutes go. Mining away in my lovely Procurer

Sweet man! Mining ah, sounds like you have been on EVE awhile. haha :P  My buddy mines a lot takes him hours! There an angry army corp on EVE?

Actually I've only played EVE for a short time, but thanks to some help from a group of friends I've picked up the game pretty quick. Mining is just something relaxing for me cause it allows me to just sit back gather ore while listening to some music.

I'm not sure if there is a AJSA Corp.

I have been thinking of playing since the other day (maybe even with the subscription) since I saw an awesome trailer, but might not be fun without people to play with. Also, I have heard the interface is is difficult for new people (Could be wrong)

I have been thinking of playing since the other day (maybe even with the subscription) since I saw an awesome trailer, but might not be fun without people to play with. Also, I have heard the interface is is difficult for new people (Could be wrong)

It's not all to fun with out people but no worries there are plenty of corps looking for begginers. The interface is very difficult, although when you get a hang of it, it's pretty nice. Although you will still always new ways to use the interface. The leveling is time based (still levels you up offline) in my opinion how EVEN does the leveling it's pretty nice.

Actually I've only played EVE for a short time, but thanks to some help from a group of friends I've picked up the game pretty quick. Mining is just something relaxing for me cause it allows me to just sit back gather ore while listening to some music.

I'm not sure if there is a AJSA Corp.

Right on. I do that while I'm managing my PI stuff. Have not kept up on it in awhile. I do PvP mainly.

used to play it. not anymore. i can't stand how boring that game gets. you effectively play the game a lot by just sitting in a station, thinking about what to do next.

and when you try do to it, someone like me comes along at a gate in low sec and blasts you into pieces and ransoms your pod. then after paying your ransom, i kill you anyway.

and then after doing this for around 6 months of my 2 years on eve online, i lost everything. i left low sec for null sec alliance wars n shit. i lost all my ships, all my money, even some skills due to being podded so many times and not being able to make it back to a station to buy another clone without being shot down on the way...

all in the name of playing with so called bitchy and whiny fleet commanders who demanded everyone throw everything at the enemy, even if it costs you everything.

so then i ended up using my own money in real life to inject into my eve life, with the use of plex, and boy oh boy... if you play eve properly, but dont do level 4 or 5 missions all day, your only choice is to spend money on your subscription AND on your in game ISK. fuck that.

i dont like a game that engineers itself around people using RL money to inject into the economy of a game. even if it's fine and legal for that game.. all it does is drive the in game economy to the ends of the universe.

everything is SOOOOOO expensive, due to plex, injecting ISK with RL money. nope. that's not a video game to me. and that's why i quit.

Glaice and illutian like this

I liked Eve. I played it for a few months and had about 2 million skill points? Maybe more, I stayed in the newbie guild because at the time the people were really nice. FNA i think it was. Eve is like a giant chat room where you do missions when you are bored. I went back when they offered me a free 10 days, but nobody i knew was online anymore.

I can't play EVE because it's way too micromanagey and like Fridge said, boring at times. Besides, I'm not the type to conform to deadlines for raids and other dumb crap like that.

fridgeracer likes this

​Is AJSA involved in EvE at all? May be ridiculous asking that. I stepped down from corp leadership later dissolving into an alliance. And I was just browsing for a casual corp for the time being with a couple friends.

-Val

Note: I'd appreciate if any EvE players here could recommend a place to try out. There own corp ect. It's been a very long time since my friends and I played. We are not familiar with the currents alliances and corps besides the typical corps that have been there forever.

Not been on myself for a couple of months, if you find a decent corp let me know, theres a few folk around here looking too.

I'd be down to start/join an EVE-O Angry Army.

I keep my account(s) training and log in here and there. Haven't played "seriously" for years though since oh... 2005-2008 ish.

For now I do a bit of highsec 'carebearing', mining, build a few ships from BPC, buy low, sell high, and some scavenging.

All solo corp or rarely with a local neighbor,

but I'm watching the field and waiting for the right moment to jump back into the nullsec alliance scene.

Maybe the next big thing this Summer will be the time, not sure.

I play. I've played for a long time, however, I have played "hardcore" only for 2-3 years, and the rest has been mainly offline skilltraining or casual play where I made isk in relative safety.

As opposed to the insane hardcore nullsec alliance life I was caught up in for 2-3 years where it was responsibility and running out of money all the time, sort of like the other guy said the reason he quit.

There's some truth to that issue, but there are plenty of ways around it now. You CAN make enough to play and fight all the time, it's a matter of just saying "I will not fly 5 T2 badass ships because it's the cool thing to do and it's the absolute best ship I can fly, and instead I will fly 50 T1, T2 fitted ships which are 90% as effective and one fifth the cost (or less)." Or something like that.

Even in the nullsec hardcore PvP life, you don't HAVE to do anything just because an FC says to- I was an FC for years in a zero-zero alliance, I played 14 hours+ a day for most of that time and spent almost all of it leading gangs around, I have thousands of kill involvements,

so I know what it's like.

The game has changed a great deal over its lifespan. No less so in the last year, and the upcoming changes are going to be some of the biggest ever, possibly some of the best imho.

Many people are intimidated by the "time based skill training" let me assure you, IT DOES NOT MATTER. I have an insane amount of time spent training, and the only advantage I really have is that I can choose a greater variety of things to do. With a few cheap implants and focused training you can be really good at things in no time at all. Or you can buy a character with some of the basic training (stuff every ship will need for example) finished already.

Piloting skill is 90% of EVE-Online. Period. Full stop. Ask around, look it up, try the game, whatever. I promise this is truth.

Another thing many people might not realize is that EVE is really a social/team game. You can certainly make money by yourself, but if you want to do PvP, you will want to do it with at least one other person most of the time. You CAN ABSOLUTELY PVP BY YOURSELF, but it's not nearly as fun, versatile or effective as having at least one wingman.

The PvP in EVE-Online is the most fun I have had in any PvP game aside from real life paintball. The rush of going into battle risking ships that you likely spent hours to get, and the elation of winning against opponents who you know also did, is unlike anything I've ever experienced in ANY GAME.

And I've been playing PvP games online for about the last 16 years or so? I'm somewhere between 29 and 35 now so that should tell you something. I got high speed internet around the time Everquest was starting knock holes in UO's playerbase. Saw the rise of WoW, ganked people in Lineage 1 & 2 just to name a few mmorpgs... not even going to mention all the FPS games.

By the way, I was reading about EVE before closed beta, I got into the closed beta, played that and open beta, then got an account 3-4 months after release and have had it since.

So yeah, here we are, see the other thread maybe eh? http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/25149-eve-online/?p=286551

P.S.

I don't work for them or anyone/anything remotely related, I'm just a bit of a CCP fanboy, but they have EARNED my fanaticism, and they are pretty much the ONLY game company I can wholeheartedly, without reservation, endorse as relatively competent, of the players, by the players, for the players.

o/

I play logistics in factional warfare for the Caldari State.

Seems like a lot of people are sitting watching to see how the latest sov changes are going to 'shake out', myself included. I was playing a lot of Guns of Icarus until fairly recently as well... now i'm ashamed to say I reinstalled DotA2 (just to play with some RL friends)... though I've been spending most of my time on single-player games and work iRL...

but now I'm considering joining a corp in EVE... 

anyone know if there's an Angry Army corp running? or a grouping of members? Suggestions?

There are plenty of good existing corps to choose from though, and not everyone has the same goals or play style.

if anyone wants to join me, post here, and/or send a PM: I have my own little personal corp. just for safety in casual highsec play right now, but

I am looking into joining a Provi group maybe to dip my toes back into zero-zero, and keep things NRDS as that is more my philosophy these days... and has usually been my style (defensive warfare focus; even when I was heavy into PvP in EVE).

I am mainly +1 UTC these days though my schedule is variable, send a forum message with character  and we can connect in-game or something.