• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Elite X1

Sony UK Boss: 'PlayStation Is The "Natural Home" Of Street Fighter'

9 posts in this topic

Link- http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/10/sony-uk-boss-street-fighters-natural-home-is-on-playstation

I say: Yeah, it's the natural home of Street Fighter games that got horrible Playstation 1 ports of that current time period's Capcom fighting games.  The natural home of Street Fighter Vs. games with shitloads of missing animation frames and total removal of tag team features.  Playstation was totally the natural home of Capcom's fighters...NOT the freaking DREAMCAST which not only ran their fighting games on the same Naomi hardware as in the arcades, but also got simultaneous home to arcade game releases in Japan.  Sure Sony...you guys are the natural home...in bizarro world.  Not mad, just stating the facts.  Good day.

IjWolverineSIoH likes this

i'll keep saying it... fuck consoles. open platform like the PC is the future. closed door platforms that buy out IPs to get more exclusives to then shut off access to others who don't own their systems is simply an unfortunate form of greedy capitalism and helps nobody but the pockets of the fat cat assholes in their high rise penthouse offices where they have late night parties, snort cocaine, and drink excessively, and stand around in £2000 suits with combed back hair.

now if there was a console that wasn't closed off like PS or xbox, then i would be far more tolerant of that. a computer on the desk is not the only answer i will admit.

i'll keep saying it... fuck consoles. open platform like the PC is the future. closed door platforms that buy out IPs to get more exclusives to then shut off access to others who don't own their systems is simply an unfortunate form of greedy capitalism and helps nobody but the pockets of the fat cat assholes in their high rise penthouse offices where they have late night parties, snort cocaine, and drink excessively, and stand around in £2000 suits with combed back hair.

now if there was a console that wasn't closed off like PS or xbox, then i would be far more tolerant of that. a computer on the desk is not the only answer i will admit.

Where do you stand on PC exclusives?

Also, what about games that would never have been made had a certain company not payed the developer like Bayonetta 2?

Steam Boxes are supposed to be consoles, but as we know, they're just PC's, even more so when you can install any OS into it if you don't like SteamOS. If a console were an open platform, they'd just be PC's. Which is why people are still wondering what the point of those things are.

Max Dood's thoughts on Street Fighter 5's exclusivity:

Is he right? I personally don't know.

Link- http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/10/sony-uk-boss-street-fighters-natural-home-is-on-playstation

I say: Yeah, it's the natural home of Street Fighter games that got horrible Playstation 1 ports of that current time period's Capcom fighting games.  The natural home of Street Fighter Vs. games with shitloads of missing animation frames and total removal of tag team features.  Playstation was totally the natural home of Capcom's fighters...NOT the freaking DREAMCAST which not only ran their fighting games on the same Naomi hardware as in the arcades, but also got simultaneous home to arcade game releases in Japan.  Sure Sony...you guys are the natural home...in bizarro world.  Not mad, just stating the facts.  Good day.

One can be angry and still state facts as you seem to have proven. No shame in it. If that wasn't your intention, well, that's sort of how it came off.

What that Sony guy said was nothing but opinion and marketing talk, nothing to get worked up about.

Well thing is fighting games kind of attract the same demographic as people who are into jrpgs and anime, and playstation IS te console that has the strongest presence in that department imo. Not saying i agree 100% but i dont thing its 100% BS either.

If anything is the natural home of Street Fighter, or to some extent, any big name fighting game, it's going to be the arcade. It's where they started, grew in popularity, automatically had fight sticks (which I suck at using). The fact that online multiplayer for fighting games these days try to emulate the "arcade feel" in the sense of people challenging you supports this as well. Then there's the fact that the best home version of any fighting game was whichever one was closest to the arcade version, cements it for me.

Marketing talk but I suppose that is more true than anything else since the older consoles that had the better versions of the Street Fighter games are no longer making consoles.

If MS was refusing to allow cross platform play to have an inferior copy of the game then it's all the more correct.

Actually I think there comments about it being the natural home was directed more at the PSX / Sega Saturn era and specifically Street Fighter Zero/Alpah- and whilst I would absolutely agree that the Sega Saturn had the best port of these titles most gamers would have been playing them on Playstation simply due to its massive popularity at the time.

Side note: Sega Saturn's Pad was THE BEST Street Fighter Pad around at the time and it's design has been aped ever since. (Also note I said Pad. Not Stick.) 

I have a PS4 and am a huge Street Fighter fan so naturally I'm pleased.

But SFV is not the first game to go exclusive RotTomb Raider and Bayonetta 2 are good examples of 3rd part titles going exclusive before this.

Actually I think there comments about it being the natural home was directed more at the PSX / Sega Saturn era and specifically Street Fighter Zero/Alpah- and whilst I would absolutely agree that the Sega Saturn had the best port of these titles most gamers would have been playing them on Playstation simply due to its massive popularity at the time.

Side note: Sega Saturn's Pad was THE BEST Street Fighter Pad around at the time and it's design has been aped ever since. (Also note I said Pad. Not Stick.) 

I have a PS4 and am a huge Street Fighter fan so naturally I'm pleased.

But SFV is not the first game to go exclusive RotTomb Raider and Bayonetta 2 are good examples of 3rd part titles going exclusive before this.

Yes but Tomb Raider was basically bought for exclusive rights on Xbox One, literally it has come out that they basically threw money at Square and said "Make Exclusive". Now whether it's timed exclusive or not hasn't actually be said. They haven't said no but neither yes either so could be they get the game first but comes to other systems later but any case it still is a dirty move and so far without Sony saying anything, this seems to be the same case, unless it comes out that the reason being it's exclusive to PS4 due to Microsoft's unwillingness to allow crossplay, I am assuming this was a move by Sony throwing money and doing the same thing Microsoft did with Tomb Raider which if true both cases are big no nos and both have done wrong.

Bayonetta 2 however is a poor example to use. It literally wouldn't exist without the funding of Nintendo thus the deal was a necessity if a sequel was ever going to be produced.

basically, i hate it when a game that WAS available on multiple platforms, gets bought out to be made on 1 platform.

it happened with the oddworld series. the xbox games munchs oddysee and stranger's wrath are pretty damn good, but for what it seems millions of years - no one really bothered with those games unless they were die hard oddworld fans. no one who was invested in the PS universe went and bought an xbox just to play 2 games that microsoft paid the developers on purpose to make exclusive.

this is just an example of how damaging it can be to make your game exclusive to 1 platform AFTER you have been multiplatform. all your fans and hard work previously gets thrown out the window, you as the dev / publisher to everyone else - you look like a cunt, a money grabbing easy way out idiot who couldn't care less about your customers, so long as you get paid you couldn't care less whether the game was on 1 or all platforms.

i despise companies like that. i despise console manufacturers for offering these deals, and i despise the companies that take them up on it. 1 of my favourite companies has never succumbed to this activity - rockstar games. YES, a subsidiary of Take 2 Interactive (aka 2k Games), so they call the shots, but never have they accepted any kind of paycheque for a game to be made solely exclusive to only ONE platform, and never have they allowed any other company to take over assets or consume the company and thus destroy their games and reputation. recently EA was pretty serious about aquiring 2k games and all their assets, and they respectfully told them to fuck themselves and that it was never going to happen.

i wish companies stuck to their guns more, and stood up for what THEY want to do for THEIR customers, not the suits of a large fat cat corporation who just likes to make money.

even fucking nintendo pulled this shit with capcom over resident evil, for a while the franchise was exclusive to the gamecube and the wii, it was quite a while before you saw a resi game on a sony or microsoft or even PC platform again.

this is why street fighter being a PS exclusive is bad. i'm not even an xbox fan, and don't really ever plan on getting one, but NO, i would still want the other side of the console market and the PC market to have access to this game BECAUSE it always WAS a multi plat game.

i got nothing against exclusive games that were ORIGINALLY exclusive games in the first place. but multi plat games should never take bribes or bailouts to sell on only 1 platform. that spits shit into the faces of all their fans not using that specific platform. that's bad ethical business decisions there.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this