• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Puntosmx

Destiny expansions and Disc-Locked-Content

11 posts in this topic

So, Destiny already has DLC for sale, and the question would be how much of that content was included in the disk but then cut when they rushed to put the game on sale rather than keeping it closer to the promises they sold it on.

So, would you follow this tubber's suggestion and not purchase the DLC?

I actually plan to wait until they release a GOTY PC port with all DLC included. Hopefully my game queue will be shorter by then.

I made the mistake of buying the Limited edition which came with the first two DLC's. I believed the propaganda they spouted about the game at E3 and the like and was more disappointed by this game than any other I have ever played so I unfortunately cannot withhold my purchase of DLC but I would if I could.

Also having got the DLC I can honestly say it's a massive disappointment. Whether it was on the Disc is a bit tougher to say given that Destiny runs from servers. What I can say is that there are few new environments - NO new worlds (!!!) and it still suffers from the same overly grindy problems but they're even more prominent here.

If you do a level 25 mission the rewards you get blue rare (blue) gear. But if your level 25 already this is pointless. The things you need are ascendant materials and epic loot. But then the difficulty jumps to level 30 whcih you can't do because your level is too low. So what's the point?

The new harder strike playlist (ROC) doesn't give you any benefits either it's just as random and grindy as every other playlist.

Still no way to LFG for raids still no way to communicate with Clan members (I haven't even played Vault of Glass yet because can't get 6 people together). For that matter still no matchmaking on Raids. Why not? Why do you care so much if we're a bunch opf strangers who get our asses kicked? Stop being dicks and just sort it out.

There is nothing in this expansion worth your money or your time.

I was one of those people who agreed that destiny was flawed when it came out but had hopes that Bungie would fix the major problems  and that we would be getting a continuous stream of content whether we had purchased the DLC or not. 

This expansion shows that this is not the case and the fact that they have already talked about Destiny 2 shows that there 10 year plan for Destiny was all just so much bullshit. 

There are still things I like about Destiny. I find the gunplay fun, the multilayer is great and the world Bungie built is engaging but the game no longer competes with my attention with other titles. When I see a big Destiny update now I get excited for a minute then realise it's still just grind grind grind grind grind grind grind. 

*sigh*

Puntosmx likes this

Also having got the DLC I can honestly say it's a massive disappointment. Whether it was on the Disc is a bit tougher to say given that Destiny runs from servers. What I can say is that there are few new environments - NO new worlds (!!!) and it still suffers from the same overly grindy problems but they're even more prominent here.

If you do a level 25 mission the rewards you get blue rare (blue) gear. But if your level 25 already this is pointless. The things you need are ascendant materials and epic loot. But then the difficulty jumps to level 30 whcih you can't do because your level is too low. So what's the point?

The new harder strike playlist (ROC) doesn't give you any benefits either it's just as random and grindy as every other playlist.

Still no way to LFG for raids still no way to communicate with Clan members (I haven't even played Vault of Glass yet because can't get 6 people together). For that matter still no matchmaking on Raids. Why not? Why do you care so much if we're a bunch opf strangers who get our asses kicked? Stop being dicks and just sort it out.

There is nothing in this expansion worth your money or your time.

I was one of those people who agreed that destiny was flawed when it came out but had hopes that Bungie would fix the major problems  and that we would be getting a continuous stream of content whether we had purchased the DLC or not. 

This expansion shows that this is not the case and the fact that they have already talked about Destiny 2 shows that there 10 year plan for Destiny was all just so much bullshit. 

There are still things I like about Destiny. I find the gunplay fun, the multilayer is great and the world Bungie built is engaging but the game no longer competes with my attention with other titles. When I see a big Destiny update now I get excited for a minute then realise it's still just grind grind grind grind grind grind grind. 

*sigh*

I believe Bungie themselves said they don't plan to have matchmaking for Raids. The alternative however is something like destinylfg.com.

Not buying any new DLC. Wish I didn't get the season pass when it first came out alongside the game. Don't plan on getting the other games in this series. Stripping content from a game, or simply selling an incomplete game and charging money to complete it, is a horrid practice. THIS is the thing the angry army was made to be against. The game play is good yes, the concept is good yes. But the way they're selling it and the way it came out is bad. Repulsive even. I'm not supporting it, I'm not even playing the copy I still have.

Get mad thinking about it. Such a disgrace to the companies involved. 

Puntosmx likes this

I think the 10 year plan they talked about was for the whole franchise as that is how long their contract with activision is. Never believed they had a 10 year plan for just one game.

I think the 10 year plan they talked about was for the whole franchise as that is how long their contract with activision is. Never believed they had a 10 year plan for just one game.

Well, they said "we have a plan for 10 years for Destiny", which was vague enough to mean this single game or a series of yearly releases like other FPS franchises.

I would tag that as false advertisement too, if it turns they dismiss Destiny (1) to release a 2. Specially if it's as buggy as this one.

Well, they said "we have a plan for 10 years for Destiny", which was vague enough to mean this single game or a series of yearly releases like other FPS franchises.

I would tag that as false advertisement too, if it turns they dismiss Destiny (1) to release a 2. Specially if it's as buggy as this one.

Yes they do that on purpose to try and trick people. Just like how i believe rise of the tomb raider's times exclusivity is reffering to xbox one exclusive, pc version to come later. They never said it would come to a PS console and most xbox one games are now on pc. Its all about seeing what they don't say rather than what they do say.

Back to destiny, it would be quite the no brainer to have a franchise 10 year plan rather than supporting the same game for that long. If they could release a single game and make ridiculous amounts of money before dlc, why would they not just keep going with the same model instead of 10 years of dlc which doesnt make as much money? Plus after even 1 or 2 years, the graphics would start to look dated compared to the newer games, let alone games from the generation after xbox one and ps4. So they would have to release a new destiny game every few years (and seeing as destiny 2 was in the works before the first dlc launched, it will probably be out in fall of 2016).

Just my take on it.

Why do people keep falling for the hype?

Why do people keep falling for the hype?

Cause most modern gamers are all ego-driven idiots who would fall for a classic trap of a box probed up on a stick with a copy of halo under it.

Puntosmx and Glaice like this

So, would you follow this tubber's suggestion and not purchase the DLC?

nope.

i'm going to follow the 6/10 ratings across the internet and the heaps of backlash and avoid the entire game and never play it, even if it comes on PC with all the DLC.

Puntosmx and Mr_E_Meatshield like this