• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr_E_Meatshield

Hatred Pulled from Steam Greenlight

58 posts in this topic

It plays like Outlast, but you play as a murderer.

Not the first time they have removed something, would be nice to see more of a reason why or how they use their guidelines. They have guidelines about offensive/racist/sexual/etc/etc content that the game might break but I don't think that can't really be fully gathered from the trailer. A lot of the comments on the game on the page and the devs personal views would likely break that but I doubt that would effect the game being approved or not. Could also be that they don't really care that much about their own guidelines unless people complain and that the game likely received as many complaints and down votes as it has yes votes. Steam can refuse whatever they want though, it won't stop other game being sold by itself or on other websites.

The whole situation only pushes us forward to go against any adversity and not to give up.

I'm pretty sure creating adversity for increased coverage has been their plan all along.

It plays like Outlast, but you play as a murderer.

Outlast is a First-Person Atmospheric Horror Game, where as this is an Isometric View Shooter. Don't think they play anything alike. You're not even hunting down anyone in particular, just gun down anyone you see. You're right on the murderer part though.

Sol Omega likes this

I'm pretty sure creating adversity for increased coverage has been their plan all along.

And it makes it so hard to have an opinion on it.

On the other hand, Steam's still selling Postal 2. And it's suspicious that this happens right now, just after Target and Kmart stop selling GTA5 in Australia, and not weeks ago.

This game should never exist in the first place. I mean a game where you control a psycopathic killer where the only objective is to just gun down everyone without thinking is just made for useless shock value. At least other violent games have some kind of a justification or a pacifist way to play the game, and story.

This game should never exist in the first place. I mean a game where you control a psycopathic killer where the only objective is to just gun down everyone without thinking is just made for useless shock value. At least other violent games have some kind of a justification or a pacifist way to play the game, and story.

I mean, it's not like it's Manhunt. Oh wait.

For me, it's just a game. I actually look forward to this when/if it comes out.

It really annoys me just how much moralizing is going on over videogames lately and the return of the Thompson-esque viloence rhetoric. I'd think by 2014 we'd be passed that.

I hope GOG steps up and sells it. Really, Steam has too much power - they ban something, it's effectively banned on PC. There are other storefronts and I'd be happy to see Steam actually have to compete to maintain their position. I hope GOG gets more games so the anti-DRM revolution can truly begin.

I mean, it's not like it's Manhunt. Oh wait.

For me, it's just a game. I actually look forward to this when/if it comes out.

Manhunt has a story about the main character trying to be free from a psycho that ruined his life in the first place. Plus it's only controversial because of the stealth kills. If you just use low level stealth kills the game is pretty mild.

True that it's just a game, but the way it's marketed is just not right. At least have the game have an option to be a pacifist or a justification, not have the game about killing everyone without reasoning.

Games shouldn't have to justify themselves in such a way to have the right to exist. If you find it distasteful, don't buy it. Others do like it and shouldn't be denied that game just because people who won't buy it don't like it.

Mexiguy and Gangland like this

Manhunt has a story about the main character trying to be free from a psycho that ruined his life in the first place. Plus it's only controversial because of the stealth kills. If you just use low level stealth kills the game is pretty mild.

True that it's just a game, but the way it's marketed is just not right. At least have the game have an option to be a pacifist or a justification, not have the game about killing everyone without reasoning.

I disagree. Your pacifist option is not playing it. A game doesn't have to be justified. Tetris has no meaning at all and people consider it one of the greatest games ever. Give it a fair chance and let the consumers decide if it's worth playing.

Mexiguy, Puntosmx and Sol Omega like this

Games shouldn't have to justify themselves in such a way to have the right to exist. If you find it distasteful, don't buy it. Others do like it and shouldn't be denied that game just because people who won't buy it don't like it.

True. Kind of like Human Centipede and the Twilight series which I will not watch ever. I will not buy this game.

I wonder how the game will turn out though. I don't know what the hell is up with the developer to have this idea. My guess is the developer is just going to make a generic shooter, but because the feature is pretty much the same as every generic shooters out there, they just market it like this because it's the only way it'll get attention. But who knows, the game may have a points system like Bulletstorm, which is one of the ways it can be good.

How about the first Postal or GTA?

No story, just kill people and run amok.

My point is that there've been far more mindless and violent games released, and this is no different.

Puntosmx and Mexiguy like this

The game certainly attracted a "special crowd." 

ckfej8g8fo6gwziuqoti.png

My opinion? Glad it's gone. Even Postal and GTA had a point to murder. Even if the plot didn't make much sense and murder was just for points. Here it was just kill people as graphic as possible just because.

At the end of the day Valve has the right to pull games from Steam for any reason.

That's pretty distasteful, and I'm glad that won't be a part of the game.

Well, to each themselves.

Puntosmx likes this

How about the first Postal or GTA?

No story, just kill people and run amok.

My point is that there've been far more mindless and violent games released, and this is no different.

Hm, isn't the first GTA just you doing things told by a crime syndicate member on payphones? Postal, that's the one. Good thing 2 is much more open ended and have a pacifist run. And by pacifist run I mean peeing on people's mouth and tasing people, which is awesome.

If you want to talk about tasteless, there's also a game based on the Columbine school shooting too from what I heard. That's one of the worst things to make into a game ever.

Alright then, let's see how the game will turn out. I'm guessing it'll at least be fun if it has a point racking system or innovative kills gauge like Madworld and Bulletstorm. My guess is when this game comes out, it'll be bought by a lot of people, but once they played the game they'll be bored of it and the game will fade into obscurity. Same with gimmick movies like New Years Eve or Movie 43 where it's popular for a while, but it dies out eventually, or scars people because they're so bad.

ckfej8g8fo6gwziuqoti.png

Well that's not gonna help this game get out.

I personally don't like the game, but I sure as heck aren't going to stop anyone who's interested in it from buying it either.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

I personally don't like the game, but I sure as heck aren't going to stop anyone who's interested in it from buying it either.

That's a position many don't understand.

Live and let live?

Live and let live?

That's a position the Hatred Dude obviously doesn't understand, lol.

ckfej8g8fo6gwziuqoti.png

Please don't put out anything related to that mental hospital patient ever again. It'll just give her more unneeded attention.

Exactly my posture.

I may find the game distasteful, gross, needlessly bloody, and my mind-shards may squirm at the thought of letting my thanatoic pulsions run amok with that.

But that doesn't give me the right to stop other people from purchasing, playing and/or enjoying it.

That's a position the Hatred Dude obviously doesn't understand, lol.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Awesome timing, miss Sol! Can I be your waifu?

Funny how Hatred gets pulled but games like WarZ, AirControl and both of the Imminentuprising games were ok to put on the service.