• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AJSA Strazyplus

Xbox One to last a whole decade

20 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXSc58G-iFs  //Polaris

Xbox One hopes to last at least a decade.

The Canadian director for Xbox Marketing, Craig Flannagan, told GamesIndustry International some very interesting things about Microsoft's hope for its shiny new console, the Xbox One. Flannagan sounds pretty confident that the Xbox One is going to be awesome, and that it's the best thing you can buy this holiday, and for every holiday for the next decade.

He said that "I think there is not a better experience you can buy this holiday, and there will not be a time this generation where there's a better experience you can buy than Xbox One." He also thinks the console generation will last a long time, saying "This is a console that will last you, conservatively a decade, if I had to put a bet down today."

Xbox One will last "conservatively 10 years" says Microsoft [GamesIndustry International]

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-hopes-to-last-at-least-a-decade-265105.phtml // destructoid

to remain on the market, possibly

to remain important/alive, i dont think so

like i said in another thread, the way Microsoft is going right now is disastrous and they will need to act within Jan 2014 or they will be utterly crushed with very little chance of even doing a comeback

Microsoft is also having issues with Windows (win 8 & 8.1 not selling as expect, with obvious reasons)

Microsoft is on the verge of collapsing and loosing its majority on all stockmarkets, this is overstating and exaggerating to say Microsoft will dominate until they come up with something brilliant in time

for one, i wouldnt mind to loose Microsoft, id rather run all my favorite games on Linux than Windows and always favorised the playstation over the xbox for its quality and performance... 

Absolute bullshit.

1. Microsoft is changing. The board of directors not only wants Ballmer out. They want to remove what power Bill Gates has left. This new Microsoft could end up walking away from Xbox One is less than half a decade if the money isn't rolling in.
  2. Gaming is changing. A decade from now consoles will be a thing of the past compared to Steam Machines as well as mobile gaming.
  3. This is already admitting that they have no interest in making consoles beyond the XBONE.

Doubtful

"This is a console that will last you, conservatively a decade, if I had to put a bet down today."

I wonder how they've managed that. I've had my Xbox 360 for two years now and it is already showing its age. It isn't always loading the disc, sometimes it gets stuck on booting and tiny problems like that. I'm doubtful that they'll be able to make a console that lasts around 10 years =/

I wonder how they've managed that. I've had my Xbox 360 for two years now and it is already showing its age. It isn't always loading the disc, sometimes it gets stuck on booting and tiny problems like that. I'm doubtful that they'll be able to make a console that lasts around 10 years =/

They do not mean life of an actual console. They mean manufacturing and support for the console brand.

Kinda dumb way to phrase it then. Maybe just a part of me is wishing they'd make consoles as sturdy as PS1 and PS2, both of mine are still working properly when they're 16 and 12 years old.

I have my PS2 still its in a box in my closet, its been beaten up over the years but works like a champ!

Well...This version of the XBone won't last 10 years.. It'll be re-created. Re-released. Revised and Re-Sold to the masses claiming larger Hard-Drives, Faster processing and whatever other selling points the 360 re-creations ever had.

The ps4 will probably do the same.. There have been various versions of the ps3 Slim..

If they just had Backwards compatibility, I'd be happy.

But no. :C

This topic made me smile :3 

No, the XBox ONE won't last that long, since it is only a hardware upgrade. Hardware updates come faster than every year, so yeah.... nice try with bribing Microsoft. 

10 years?! Considering the pace with which gaming changes, I'd be surprised if the xbone lasts 5 years, and let's not forget the reveal rage many people had. I still am kinda pissed at them for it. Good thing they reverted some decisions back. I can't afford a console anyway.

I honestly don't know how the Xbox One could possibly last 10 years. It can BARELY hit 60 fps 1080p and there are reports it can't even do that. And this is at the start of a brand new generation. If it can't even hit 1080p now, how is it going to be able to run jack squaggle farther down the line, with graphics and, very soon, resolution going up.

Not a chance in hell. PS4 will last longer.

Neither Xbox One or PS4 will. Sony made a big deal about touting the PS3 as a ten year system, and while the support it gets through the initial years of PS$ might reach that, it still isn't ten years as their flagship console.

Neither Xbox One or PS4 will. Sony made a big deal about touting the PS3 as a ten year system, and while the support it gets through the initial years of PS$ might reach that, it still isn't ten years as their flagship console.

• Sony made a HUGE mistake of limiting memory (Ram) of the PS3 to be able to afford the then expensive Blu Ray drives. Had they invested in memory for the PS3 it would have easilly won the last generation.
  • They have not made the same mistake this time. Given enough fast RAM. a Developer can work wonders.
  • 176 (PS4) > 68 (Memory speed of the XBONE's slow ass DDR3 memory)
  • PS4 will obviously not last 10 years. It does not have to. It will last far longer than the XBONE and give Sony plenty of money to work on their Steam Machine for the next decade.

I think that the Ouya and the Steam Box have proved/will prove that the last 10 or so years of the console market being nearly evenly divided (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo) are coming to a close. If you add mobile gaming and the ever present PC gaming (that seems, to me at least, to be taken a little more seriously as of late) then I think that Microsoft will have a really hard time stretching the Xbone out a whole 10 years. 

I think it's at least somewhat likely that they'll manage to tweak and adjust the Xbone enough (sort of like the Pro, Elite, and S or whatever) to draw it out a good while. But then again it's probably just as likely that Stephen Elop will become the MS CEO and pull the plug on Xbox altogether. 

Personally IF I was a Microsoft investor. I would be thrilled if the CEO sold Xbox and Bing as has been rumored.

• Microsoft needs to return to making Operating Systems, Office Software, and Flight Simulators.
  • Yes it sounds silly but think about it. Windows has ALWAYS sold. And strangely enough they got rid of the ACES team despite Flight Simulator X having great sales. To focus on Surface and Xbox? Wut?
  • XBONE can't last.

Microsoft is on the verge of collapsing and loosing its majority on all stockmarkets, this is overstating and exaggerating to say Microsoft will dominate until they come up with something brilliant in time

Enh - Microsoft may need some help, but their stock isn't one place they're hurting.  They haven't been making huge gains, but they've been steadily trending up for the entirety of 2013.  In fact, if you go back and look at the stock for the past 5 or even 10 years you see it's been on a gradual, but not dramatic, upward climb.  They aren't at the high that they were at in 2000, but their stock isn't hurting in the least.  As a whole, their recent quarterly earnings weren't nearly as disastrous as Sony's were - in fact Sony stock took a pretty bit  hit at the end of Oct.

Neither company is doing their best right now - but neither one is exactly hurting either.