• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Wolfspawn

Telltale Games to develop 'Minecraft: Story Mode'

19 posts in this topic

No, I am not kidding. And no, it's not April 1st.

http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/88513/telltale-and-mojang-developing-minecraft-story-mode-a-telltale-games-series-for-2015

As 2014 comes to a close, we are delighted to confirm our partnership with Mojang to create a new episodic game series based on one of the most popular video games in history - Minecraft.

Minecraft: Story Mode will be an all-new narrative-driven game series developed by Telltale in collaboration with Mojang. Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate stand-alone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.

Telltale's game series will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation.

Okay, um...what?

I'm not upset or happy just...meh. However, I fuckin love Telltale so maybe I'll get it.

nickyzhere likes this

Bear in mind that this doesn't actually have anything to do with the minecraft itself, other than the story.

It'll be made in a very different engine, with a very different gameplay style.

I already posted a topic about this.

But i can say that i sure as hell don't hope they are gonna use quicktime events as frequent as in their other games 

So, how does this have a story? Minecraft doesn't even have any story in it..

But i can say that i sure as hell don't hope they are gonna use quicktime events as frequent as in their other games 

I visualised battefield style combat quicktime events in a minecraft setting....

I visualised battefield style combat quicktime events in a minecraft setting....

okay i have to admit that sounds fucking hilarious 

I saw that shortly after I posted this thread. I figured this is more visible in General Discussion anyways, though.

Telltale + anything = Me spending $$$. 

I'm not kidding, I'll buy anything they make. Anything.

I saw that shortly after I posted this thread. I figured this is more visible in General Discussion anyways, though.

true

Well... What else would Telltale do with a Minecraft game?

If I was at a computer, I'd be posting a Jackie Chan "WTF?"

The thing is though, I have complete faith they can make a good story of Minecraft. Hell, if we can have a LEGO movie, why not a Minecraft story?

Only thing that bugs me about this is that they're taking up yet another project, which means delays on Walking Dead season 3 and Wolf Among Us season 2. But hey, more time they get to work on the story, better it's going to be.

To be honest it seems weird. But it's just going to be a story in the art style of minecraft. I'd say you could just substitute the at style into any other story. 

I see it as tying to make a story out of lego, I know it has been done but I'm not talking about lego sets like batman etc. Like just plan lego bricks. 

Hard to call this one we'll just have to wait and hear more details

What if this Minecraft story turns out to be a ripoff of LEGO Movie?