• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mouseno4

Name that game

18 posts in this topic

Name that game you actually finished 100% DESPITE the fact that you hated it.

By finish to 100% i refer to games that can be completed and that have an actual end of the main campaign.

For example, I hated Aliens: Colonial Marines BUT i still completed it. I completed the main campaign 100% despite hating the entire journey.

I thought you meant platinum trophy...

Anyway...uhh. I'm sure there are more than one for me but the only one I can think of atm is Sewer shark for the Sega Genesis CD. I love my sega CD, it has lunar, and lunar, and silpheed, and vay (though the voice acting on vay is beyond horribad)...it came with sewer shark, which is a god awful game. But one day I was like...this stupid effing game, if it weren't for this game, I could say I have beat every game I've played... I MUST BEAT IT EVEN THOUGH PLAYING FOR A SINGLE HOUR MAKES ME PUKE!... so one day I did.

Duke Nukem Forever.

I almost puke about half of the game. But after I complete campaign. I immediately uninstall it. The game makes me cringe and disappointing.

Agarest: Generations of War. I worked my ass off to get the perfect ending, followed every single guide step to make it happen, but the game still screwed me over big time. Never managed to finish the last generation as I wanted, never got to see the full ending and it pissed me off so bad that I just rage-quit it once I saw that I had failed the ending. Inst-delete followed as well.

mrfool likes this

I reluctantly finished halo 4 on all difficulties. For some reason it was easier because everything was just more powerful, and not to mention the AI isn't amazing, at least on my game anyway. I really wish I could go back in time and not buy the collectors editon ;_;

To honest none.  If i hate a game i just cant bring myself to complete it.

Halo 4, ehm, I didn't hate it, but what a... dissapointment? Ehm.... I don't know how to say it.

Alpha Protocol, I bought it on Humble Bundle years ago, played it and I totally uninstalled it on my Hard Drive. What a disappointing game.

Halo 4, ehm, I didn't hate it, but what a... dissapointment? Ehm.... I don't know how to say it.

The multiplayer was meh but the single player was by far one of the best so far.

Assassins Creed 3, it felt like it drug on for ages and I couldn't wait for it to be over. I'm such a fan of the series though and I couldn't not finish all of the games. I actually enjoyed the modern stuff with Desmond more than the campaign, and that's saying a lot.

Does it have to be a game that I hated? Because I've only 100%'d Crash Bandicoot 2 and I didn't hate it at all.

Then that game does not qualify.

The point is to name and shame the one game you played all the way to the end despite not liking the game at all.

Assassins Creed Revelations. I just couldn't latch onto the story or the setting in any way at all. I didn't like Old Man Ezio, I didn't like the Desmond segments, I thought the Altair segments were mindnumbing, it just didn't do anything for me. And yet I powered through it because AC3 was about to come out and I still hadn't finished it, so I thought I'd power through it in a couple of days.

Not liking at all doesn't leave me with many choices. I think Final Fantasy 13 would be the only game where I hated (or didn't care one way or the other in the musics case) every aspect of it and still finished the game.

If it wasn't built on an established franchise that already had good gameplay and fun vehicles with that team's enemy and level designs, their writing, and based on the terrible multiplayer support they had they are probably capable of making really really awful games.

I beat Halo 4 on Legendary. I never wanna play it again, unless I have to.

Tomb Raider, i really tried to enjoy it but any single minute felt like a chore.

Final Fantasy 13 was a disappointing game that I finished although I can't say I hate it as such.

So for a game I hate (I know I'm in the minority on this) Shadow of Mordor.  Derivative and repetitive combat, little to zero challenge and an ending that was both shit and bullshit!