• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

undeadslayer4

What is the easiest way to get good at a frustrating game like COD, the last of us or any other mutiplayer

46 posts in this topic

I would've done that if it didn't so boring so easily

No other way....or just look for a game that clicks. Being good at something just for the sake of being good at something isn't good at all :P You need to feel that drift, be the game, yada yada yada, etc. Maybe those are just not for you?

I used to not suck at Starcraft 2. I had a nice Diamond rank (At the time of launch it was the highest). I honed my skills with the team I gathered. We were getting better and better while having lots of fun. Then HotS came over and screwed sh** so badly I could never recover. Fun was gone and so was the skill.

1. why is this bad? it's an insult to state this? why is it so harsh and bad to tell someone when they might not be so good at a game? if everyone just said YEAAH MAN YOU ARE SO GOOD AT THIS GAME... you died like 10 times but you're really really good!!!! :) /pat on the head. people are just being too god damned sensitive. if you, me, or anyone else sucks at a game, they should be told plain and simple. THEN... they should be given pointers on how to improve. this is very very normal, i don't get why you seem to be so upset about insinuating the guy isn't good at COD / last of us. it's not a crime to be bad at a video game, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. games are designed to challenge the player, and if you get offended when a game doesn't hold your hand and give you everything on a plate well then... too bad, that's not what video gaming is about.

2. what raiz said IS correct. COD is a game that silently is designed around gameplay that makes it very easy to get kills and also get killed yourself during a whole match to even the playing field for everyone, so that not 1 single person who happens to be very good is obliterating everyone on their own pissing every other player off. what the OP is probably having trouble with on whatever FPS game, is aiming. actually getting a kill on a game like COD is easy, you just point the crosshair on them and shoot, that's all you do. on a game like counter strike the WAY you MAKE your shots is how you kill, as well as aiming, a lot more to think about. COD is just point and click, it's very very easy. but aiming onto a fast moving player is the hardest part. the game itself, if you're good at aiming is a piece of piss. on a game like CS i often during a whole match die 20 times and maybe get 15 kills, on COD during a whole match i die 45 times and get 50 kills, it's really a very easy game if you can aim well.

i really dont like it when people see someone as being blunt and to the point as being offensive. it's not. the OP appears to be having problems playing some games online with some degree of success. that means they aren't as good as other players, so that means they need to be told they aren't that good and need to improve their skills and this is how you do it: do A, B, and C, and this should help you improve a lot. what is so bad about that? stop the hostility.

amen thank you

fridgeracer likes this

So like... Various people give you advice like you ask, and one guy gives you no advice at all beyond implying you just suck.

i tell that guy to scram and offer what little advice I can think of, and someone tries to argue that doing nothing but say you suck is ok, and you thank him and none of the people trying to help you!?

Remind me not to help you again.

As someone who plays a lot of different fps games i can tell you that everyone sucks at the beginning and as you play, you find weapon, equipment, and perk combos that suit your play style and you begin to automatically memorize the map layouts and can remember what happened last time you played their and can adjust your tactics.

Plus some people are just better at different fps games. I consider myself a good COD and titanfall player, an ok battlefield player, and an average, or slightly below average halo player. It can just depend on the style of the fps game too as i'm better at twitch fps games than precision types.

Once you find your type as well as weapon and equipment combos that work for your playstyle, you will get better

So like... Various people give you advice like you ask, and one guy gives you no advice at all beyond implying you just suck.

i tell that guy to scram and offer what little advice I can think of, and someone tries to argue that doing nothing but say you suck is ok, and you thank him and none of the people trying to help you!?

if you go to page 1, you will see my first post which gave him the advice.

you're welcome.

Im curious how other people feel about their game-specific skill levels.

I dominated ut2k3 and 4, was very good at codmw1, never got so much as average in 2+, feel like I CAN be good at titanfall but cant be bothered to memorize bot pathing. Get more kills than people with better gear in warframe... Uhhh. Not sure about counterstrike... I seemed awful but on the freak 0.1% of the time a map OTHER than de_dust was playing I did good (not great but good)

Im curious how other people feel about their game-specific skill levels.

I dominated ut2k3 and 4, was very good at codmw1, never got so much as average in 2+, feel like I CAN be good at titanfall but cant be bothered to memorize bot pathing. Get more kills than people with better gear in warframe... Uhhh. Not sure about counterstrike... I seemed awful but on the freak 0.1% of the time a map OTHER than de_dust was playing I did good (not great but good)

For titanfall just slap on the perk that shows all the bots on minimap and you wont have to worry about memorizing bot paths. Or use a burn card to show every enemy including players

and what was a suppose to rage and tell him ***** off????

I was thinking ignore that portion and thank the people who actuallytried to help you, instead of put bad behaviour on a pedestal above the positive comments.

As for the bot radar, I DO use it, but due to the verticality, sometimes it still tKes awhile, and even then memorizing their paths is important. Im not tryin to do average like everyone using a bot radar, Im trying to be like those people who killed like 2.5x as many bots as everyone else.

I was thinking ignore that portion and thank the people who actuallytried to help you, instead of put bad behaviour on a pedestal above the positive comments.

As for the bot radar, I DO use it, but due to the verticality, sometimes it still tKes awhile, and even then memorizing their paths is important. Im not tryin to do average like everyone using a bot radar, Im trying to be like those people who killed like 2.5x as many bots as everyone else.

what bad behaviour?

i helped the guy.

undeadslayer4 likes this

what bad behaviour?

i helped the guy.

Forgive me, this is a rather old topic and because you were arguing my first post pointing out my beef, I thought you were the originator. I still think it's distasteful for someone to say ___is for noobs___ when someone asks for help regarding it (not saying you are the one who said that). But I really don't care enough to argue further at this point.

ok i'll start with u hey thx for giving me the good advice i really appreciate it

what bad behaviour?

i helped the guy.

I have no idea why Ghaleon told me to tell fridgeracer to screw off or why he even said bad "behavior" and by the way thx for giving the advice people would need when they see the forum

fridgeracer likes this

I didn't say that at all, so don't claim I did please.

I asking this because there have been times where new gamers come into the community with no experience at all aka noobs but half the time nobody ever gives them a chance and just laugh at them for being new

When it comes to FPS games there are generally 2 major types, the fast paced "twitch shooter," aka Call of Duty, and the slow plodding thinking shooters like the Arma series.

Truth be told there are a few ways to improve ones abilities in these games.  Some are better for one type than the other, but in general the means of improvement I intend to present will at the very least somewhat improve your performance.

1) Read:

I know this sounds silly, but the simple truth of the matter is that you should probably try to get into the mind set and learn the skills necessary at first.  By this I mean having a look at a few books that cover actual infantry tactics, recon, ect. in the military.  The reason for this is that some of the concepts do apply in these games, even the very arcade-like ones such as Call of Duty see people "slicing the pie," ambushing, and flanking.  Unfortunately, camping is a very real thing in video games, and because games are inherently different from real life, the study of these things will bring variable improvement to your gameplay at best.  The important thing to take from this though is that it sets you into the proper mindset.  To play these games well, you have to think a certain way, try to expect what your opponent may do, and how you can best counter them.  I especially recommend Sun Tzu's Art of War as recommended reading for most games with a military theme, and Dicta Boelcke for air combat games.

In addition to the above, strategy guides these days may be an interesting source of information, from what I've seen, they typically offer technical data such as spray patterns of hip firing from various stances and the map layout.

2) Practice with bots:

If you have a game that supports bots in a skirmish mode like Team Fortress 2, by all means use them often.  It is completely true that AI bots are typically less capable than actual people, but they still make excellent targets, and they are still good for making you react and make split-second decisions.  Most games with a skirmish mode also allow for players to adjust the skill of the AI, which will make learning how to play a more smooth transition.  If you are still new to the game though, don't expect to win on the first match against the AI.

3) Practice with a friend:

Learning the ropes of a game from someone who has already played can be an enormous advantage.  Usually they are better than the bots so they will offer a greater test of skill.  Playing against someone like this; however, will likely be a very frustrating experience at first, which is why I recommend bots, where applicable, over this.

4)  Play online:

Unfortunately, none of the above options will allow you to adjust to the last major hurdle you face, ping.  Ping can be something that can destroy your accuracy, it can disorient you, and it can have an enormous impact on your game-play in general.  It took me a long time to get used to the ping and lead my targets that little bit more when I jumped in the glorious multiplayer of Forgotten Hope and Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon.  Sadly, this is something that only bitter experience can teach you to accommodate for while you aim.

I didn't say that at all, so don't claim I did please.

"i tell that guy to scram and offer what little advice I can think of, and someone tries to argue that doing nothing but say you suck is ok, and you thank him and none of the people trying to help you!?" then explain to me why said it in the first place that then if ur claiming that most of the people here are giving me inaccurate advice and are bashing me then u could've warned me earlier i don't want to argue with u or start a conflict i just want to make things clear if i misunderstood something

Edited by undeadslayer4

1. Natural Talent (as stupid as that sounds)

2. Practice

3. Play with friends

"i tell that guy to scram and offer what little advice I can think of, and someone tries to argue that doing nothing but say you suck is ok, and you thank him and none of the people trying to help you!?" then explain to me why said it in the first place that then if ur claiming that most of the people here are giving me inaccurate advice and are bashing me then u could've warned me earlier i want to argue with u or start a conflict i just want to make things clear if i misunderstood something

That...isn't even remotely at all what I'm communicating...

Look, I don't speak other languages, just English, so I have respect for your ability to speak English better than I can speak a 2nd language, but English is clearly not your primary language. You are getting frustrated and angry at things you aren't understanding. I'd try to explain, but the more I do, the more upset you seem. A lot of people in this thread were helpful, only one wasn't. I was calling out just that one guy, that's it.

That...isn't even remotely at all what I'm communicating...

Look, I don't speak other languages, just English, so I have respect for your ability to speak English better than I can speak a 2nd language, but English is clearly not your primary language. You are getting frustrated and angry at things you aren't understanding. I'd try to explain, but the more I do, the more upset you seem. A lot of people in this thread were helpful, only one wasn't. I was calling out just that one guy, that's it.

whoa whoa whoa u misunderstood me i meant i don't want to argue with u and i no im even not closed to being pissed with u i was only asking what i asked above but u answered my question so im sry if u misunderstood me

Why play something that you find frustrating? 

Besides that, try watching some veteran player's games and keep playing yourself, try thinking about what makes you underperform and work on it.

undeadslayer4 likes this