• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Volco

Buy 3DS or wait?

6 posts in this topic

After talking to my friends I want a 3DS but as I was looking I noticed that there will be an apparent new 3DS that has already released in Japan and Australia I believe and wont come to the United States until sometime in 2015. That being said should I buy a 3DS now or just wait? The only reason I would wait and buy the new 3DS is because I'm afraid that it will make the old 3DS obsolete. Does anyone here think that will be the case? I would hate to buy it then have all the games coming out be for the new 3DS and not compatible with the old 3DS.

The new system's name is literally "New 3DS". Apparently it has a processing upgrade that certain exclusive games will make use of, so I'd recommend taking a look at various announcements and seeing if they are titles you'd be interested in. If not, just go with 3DS. Prices are slowly starting to come down on the original versions, but if the DS is anything to go by, they'll support it for quite a while.

I'd wait for the new one since it will be needed to play certain new games.

I sold my 3DS XL and bought the New 3DS XL today from Australia because Europe and Australia are both PAL

So now I just have to wait for it :D

If you don't have a 3DS already wait for the New 3DS the 3DS price is going to drop then you could choose if you want New 3DS or 3DS

The New 3DS has super stable 3D that really works 99% of the time that really sold it for me.

I'd recommend waiting because then you'll have to upgrade if a game you want is not supported by the old 3DS.

Id Recommend a Japanese 3DS because of the huge library compared to the US version, but unless you can speak or understand Japanese, you're gonna have a bad time. :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0