• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BlazingFrost12

Xbox one is now the the Xbox720

41 posts in this topic

The Xbox one is now the Xbox720 cuase its been stated by Microsoft that it will run 720p native while the PS4 is 1080p native any thoughts on this also http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-its-less-to-do-with-the-specs-and-more-to-do-with-what-you-do-with-those-specs

Can't believe they used this as their excuse "smh"

The blunders of the Xbone this year have been historic. They are the Sega in this generations "Sega Vs Nintendo" war.  :ph34r:

CaptainKickass69 likes this

To be honest I don't give a shit about resolution I'm sorry I just don't that's not what the gaming community is about its about having a good time with the game you play hell I'm playing the original Doom for Christ's sake and you know what the resolution is down right shit the graphics horrible and ugly so why do I play it because the game is fun. That's what gaming should be about (I'm sorry Blazingfrost I'm not getting angry at you or anything I'm just venting) and it both pisses me off and saddens me that this has become the center of attention in the gaming community.

To be honest I don't give a shit about resolution I'm sorry I just don't that's not what the gaming community is about its about having a good time with the game you play hell I'm playing the original Doom for Christ's sake and you know what the resolution is down right shit the graphics horrible and ugly so why do I play it because the game is fun. That's what gaming should be about (I'm sorry Blazingfrost I'm not getting angry at you or anything I'm just venting) and it both pisses me off and saddens me that this has become the center of attention in the gaming community.

its cool mate but its funny cause if this was the reverse Microsoft would be all out jerking themselves not to mention all this time Microsofts been telling everyone the PS4 isn't that more powerful then the xbox one so much PR Bullshit down the drain 

funkymonk likes this

its cool mate but its funny cause if this was the reverse Microsoft would be all out jerking themselves not to mention all this time Microsofts been telling everyone the PS4 isn't that more powerful then the xbox one so much PR Bullshit down the drain 

Yeah but all that matters in the end is who has the better games and fan service.

agree man KOTOR (1) and Fable 1 are still the games that i play most the graphics are basic but the game-play and story of those games are just so epic that ill never stop playing. Plus Doom is pretty awesome.

God KOTOR and Fable 1 are two of my favorite games of all time. They are sooo good. And I don't care what anyone thinks, Fable 1 will always be better then 2 and 3. I don't know how Fable 1 was so great and 2 was ok, 3 was just poop.

Both Systems have their plus and minuses.  I personally will pick up an xbox, but just not right away.  And in terms of the blunders, and to be fair, both have had them and its still way to early to tell which is better.  In my estimation both are equal and like cmg666 said, graphics are nice and all but its all about the quality the companies provide to us gamers and non-gamers alike, seeing as Microsoft is gearing Xbox one as an all in one.

AngeryJoel likes this

NO NO NO NO NO  NO NO. How can you injoy a good game if the way you can see it is crap?

The points that should be made here are that there is one next gen platform that out performs the other. The next gen platform has more power that can lead to good looking titles early on and better looking titles later down the line. The titles that the majority of people will pick are available on both. Vent all you want about better exclusives (or just exclusives since PS4 doesn't have alot at launch) for the better cosole gaming experiance, the PS4 take the award. If dead rising 3 came to PS4 it could run better, Either higher frames or better resolution or both.

I agree with the people saying graphics isn't everything.

But I think it is very important that the hardware gets upgraded so that PC gamers dont have to be stuck with "last-gen" graphics because of it.

There is a massive difference between 1080p and 720p, 720 is so blurry compared to 1080.

But as said earlier, the games is what matters.

I'd pick Mass effect 3 720p over Haze 1080p everytime

AngeryJoel likes this

I've heard and read some rumors that both consoles with have very critical server issues because of DRM. And all this bullshit that has been going on with the Xbox makes me less excited about it and pushes me towards the PC overlords more everyday.tumblr_meb36it7aR1rpy60uo1_500.png

funkymonk likes this

Xbox 720 is wayyyy better than Xbox One. Sadly they lost a consumer when they tried to pull our strings with the DRM bullshit, which they will probably bring back into play after they sell a reasonable amount of units.

I'm hoping they will bring back the DRM so that devs can start utilizing the Cloud functions to the fullest.

KeithB0T likes this

Even with Microsoft's bullsh*t policies, mistakes, pricing and whatnot, I feel that the X1 is the only 'next-gen' console with stuff like advanced Kinect, tons of cloud servers etc. And GOSH who gives a shit about the resolution? I have an AMD 6570 on my PC and it runs the latest games on Low settings at 900p but I'm still having a blast if the game is good. The gameplay is faaaar more important that the graphics. I've had more fun playing Planescape: Torment on a freaking 640x480 resolution compared to Crysis 3 and it's ultra realistic graphics. 

The PS4 is cheaper, has slightly better hardware and less bullsh*t policies but it seems like it's just a hardware upgrade from the last gen. Is 100$ worth the Kinect and servers? Up to you. But I'm an indie game developer and DAMN the Kinect's motion and voice commands can really change the way games are played in the near future. 

Either way, I'm predicting a tight 50/50 on the market share for both consoles. 

NO NO NO NO NO  NO NO. How can you injoy a good game if the way you can see it is crap?

Easy despite it looking so old and dated its gameplay is fun and it's exhilarating that's how it looks like crap compared to how games look now but I find it more fun then some of our current gen shooters.

I can have fun on a PS4 for $100 less and with better graphics. Fun isn't an issue here. You can have fun of a PS4, PC, Xbone, or WiiU. The fact is Micro-fuck up expects you to pay $100 more for a console that is inferior to their competitor. Not to mention they already tried to backstab us once. 

So they tell us no used games and you had to always be online. Everyone raged, they reversed it. Ok fine what's next. It's $500. Ok that's expensive, maybe it will have some pretty sick hardware. Xbox one can't do 1080....

are_you_fucking_kidding_me_by_rober_raik

Why the hell is it $500? I'll tell you why.

ibcwEzn2XHddRy.gif

first of all

the PS4 is 100$ less cuz the Xb1 included the Kinect

however, so far the PS4 has a theorically more powerful setup than the Xb1 and is native to 1080p which means its only an advantage, your game will be in higher resolution and dont lie to me, Xb 360 games had such a low-ass res i still remember it

i dont like seeing pixels in meshes anywhere

either way i highly recommend to buy a PC instead of a console but if you dont want to have an awesome beast for gaming, then i recommend the PS4 for an alternative, so far Microsoft has nothing to come up with in terms of exclusives except perhaps Halo 5 which doesnt even interests me now since Bungie is working on Destiny

not to mention PS4 will have Planetside 2 & DC Universe Online as exlusivities both F2P that wont require anything but the internet

if you can, buy a PC, otherwise, get a PS4 since the Xb1 is definitly not worth the 400$-500$ they make you pay so far, thats my opinion right now

So microsoft basically forced us to buy an overpriced webcam that we will maybe use once, if that's where the extra $100 went.

Xbox one comes with everything needed for the full gaming experience with its price point. For the full gaming experience on the ps4 you will have to buy the camera separate $60, Motion Wand $40 and Nav Wand $20. That  makes it more expensive than the xbone. 

Really guys a console war? It is a simple matter of preference. If the power of the machine (which is all relative right now because neither has been fully optimised by any developer and the games in 2 years will be different from how they run now) then yes it seems the PS4 has an advantage, but if thats what you care about most then why not have a gaming pc. The Wii has the most successful console last gen and it was slated by core gamers and was worse compared to both the 360 and PS3. I myself have no desire to support either console/company mindlessly. I gladly support devs by buying games I think are interesting and I want to play, for now that means I will be by the Xbox One. If in a years time a sequel to The Last of Us comes out or something amazing is released on the PS4 that I cannot get on the One, I will probably get the other console as well.

Sure it sucks I have to pay extra for the Kinect but I can deal with that if the games are right. Where and how you play your games should be your own choice and no one can tell you this way is better because it may not be better for you, and if they could  we would all be playing on pc. Feel free to voice an opinion on why you will be doing a specific thing, but being hateful to anything without being constructive is completely pointless. 

Berserker likes this

Lol i have to agree with that i still play the amiga 1200 so i can play the old classics not because of graphics, just because they are good games and bring back some good old memories

Guys, let's not turn this into a flame war between consoles. I'm getting both, but It's called the xbox one, leave it at that. Not Xbone, not xboner, not xbox 180, not xbox 720p. Doing that makes you sound like the lowest person out there and I doubt we want that kind of attitude here. Wtih that said, it's all about the games. Let's go with that. mmm, k?

Berserker, SHiBBY927 and Elysiun like this