• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saif

Joes epic response to the attacks.

13 posts in this topic

so like me you guys are experiencing problems with psn and same goes for xbox live

and who's responsible for that? Lizard squad

so i looked went to their twitter account to rant and found this gem courtesy of everyone's favorite Joe

2poclk0.jpg   

When i saw this is instantly just said:

123mpfm.jpg

Lizard squad needs some water for that burning diss eh?

On the plus side there is another group named thefinest and they are fighting against lizard squad (and have succeeded before) to prevent the attacks and are trying to get the servers up again

33cyxdi.jpg

Lets hope for the best this because this Christmas is getting wackier by the minute,

Crazycrab, Glaice and Shagger like this

Finest Squad are ace in my book. As is Joe, of course.

Script kiddies. They make me hurt inside.

Let me give an example: If I *really* wanted to, it could be possible to bring down a fairly significant server (the AJSA teamspeak for example), and keep it down for a while (depending on the DOS protection avaliable). All it takes is having access to the relevant (publically accessible) software, a single computer, and knowing the IP of the server, both of which are easily available. 

Press a button, server goes down. Feel proud, right?

While PSN takes place on a much larger scale, the botnet used still isn't as huge as you'd think. Just a simple piece of software propagated by a virus on some PC's.

Here's a really great lecture here:

Im sorry, but, can somebody explain me who the hell is lizard squad?

They are a hacker group who were responsible for an earlier attack on Sony's online services as well as issuing a bomb threat to a Sony CEO (or some higher up, don't remember the position) which has gotten them into trouble and now seem to just be looking for more trouble. The big difference between them and other hacking groups I can find is that while other hacking groups usually hack a large corporation for reasons like keeping stuff from people (for example Anonymous) Lizard Squad seems to hack crap because well they can hack crap. Basically troll hackers who do it for shits and giggles.

Menofwarfan. likes this

FFS!! Lizard squad are not hackers literally anyone could do a quick search and find all the stuff they needed to be able to do exactly the same.

But what gets me the most about this is the fact they get everything they want from doing the attacks.........PUBLICITY!!

Considering their actions are illegal why is their twitter account left active so they can brag about it?

Why do ppl constantly go online and "OMERGERDZ LS HAS SPAT ITS DUMMY OUT AGAIN"??

They only real way to take action against groups like this is to ignore them.  Stop giving them publicity as at the end of the day that is laterally all they get from doing this.

They are a hacker group who were responsible for an earlier attack on Sony's online services as well as issuing a bomb threat to a Sony CEO (or some higher up, don't remember the position) which has gotten them into trouble and now seem to just be looking for more trouble. The big difference between them and other hacking groups I can find is that while other hacking groups usually hack a large corporation for reasons like keeping stuff from people (for example Anonymous) Lizard Squad seems to hack crap because well they can hack crap. Basically troll hackers who do it for shits and giggles.

"hacker" is an optimistic word. These guys just ddos people.

Easy as pie.

So, quick question. Since what they're doing is illegal, and everyone knows it's them, why isn't the whole group just being arrested? Seems rather straight forward so the sounds of it. If it's causing a big enough problem for companies like Sony or Microsoft, not like they're short of lawyers to get these guys put away for a long time.

So, quick question. Since what they're doing is illegal, and everyone knows it's them, why isn't the whole group just being arrested? Seems rather straight forward so the sounds of it. If it's causing a big enough problem for companies like Sony or Microsoft, not like they're short of lawyers to get these guys put away for a long time.

I can only imagine its because they dont particularly include their home address and real name when they do it..............

The group is anonymous.

The twitter account hasn't been created, and everything they do (ddos'ing and twitter included) is done through an anonymous proxy, usually the Tor network.

It makes them pretty much untrackable, until one of them makes a mistake.

Lizard squad ruined my weekend

I couldn't play my new Destiny and The Last of Us...

I had to play Farcry 4 without seeing my Trophies which I find really annoying,

A bunch of no-life, childish pricks who get their jollies by "hacking" things that would otherwise be of no consequence to them.  At least Anonymous goes after the true evil bastards of the world like racists, corrupt cops, and shady corporations.

Menofwarfan. and nickyzhere like this

A bunch of no-life, childish pricks who get their jollies by "hacking" things that would otherwise be of no consequence to them.  At least Anonymous goes after the true evil bastards of the world like racists, corrupt cops, and shady corporations.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the replies, people, really appreciated. Well, guess im on the hate wagon too! Fuck you, Lizard Squad!