• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

mouseno4

Random games

21 posts in this topic

Anyone here picked a game at random, for no real reason and with zero prior knowledge and immediately upon starting it up... got hooked enough that you finished the game straight up? Not literally in that one session of course.

It could be the title of the game, the genre or even just the box art/title art, but having zero idea about the game other than that (maybe its genre), you were immediately hooked and managed to finish it in short order.

Only game i can think that i immediately finished upon starting it, with which i had next to no knowledge of prior, was ''Act of War Direct Action''. All other games i can think of, i had at least some idea what it was and where it was going. All i knew, was that it was an RTS game and that was it.

Portal (not portal 2). 

I knew absolutely nothing about it and only reason i played it was because my brother said: ''play this, it's funny''

I didn't really pick this out at random, my GF picked out this for me when we visited her folks...

nier_ps3_esrb.jpg

Whilst not perfect (No, it certainly wasn't perfect), it was one of the most varied and compelling games I'd played in a while. It seams that very few people know about it, so it's odd my GF of all people found it.

Pokémon special Pikachu edition (anyone remember that?) the first pokemon I ever played XD. I was looking for new games at game stop and found a yellow cartridge and immediately bought it lol.

Agarest: Generations of War (Steam). Still pissed about it, though. Don't ask either, because it's a rant not for weak hearts.

Bully made by rockstar, knew only u played a bully as the title says ;D it was amazing and in my opinion deserves to get a remake or something, 9/10 awesome ;D

fridgeracer likes this

Phantom Dust on original xbox, became one of my favorite games of all time. 

Also Spec Ops: The Line. Ending blew my mind, literally.

In 2001 I spotted Megaman Legends 2 at Biggs and saw that it was priced at $30.  Prior to that I had heard of the Megaman Franchise but I had never played a Megaman game or even heard of the Megaman Legends series.  It took me like 2 months to save up the money for that game and that was a lot of money at the time for me to take a blind leap of faith in purchasing it.  I absolutely loved every minute of that game and I don't regret buying it one bit.  Kind of sad that they were not able to make a third one since the second ended on a such a massive cliffhanger.

Frontlines: Fuel of war was one of my first games on pc and I randomly picked it up just for its name, sounds soo awesome too me. If I remember it had levelution before battlefield: Bad company and is one of my favorite games.

Kingdom Hearts, the first title for the PS2, was a game I "picked up randomly", so-to-speak.

I saw a commerical for the game and recognized that it was made by Square Enix, then Square Soft, and had just finished play Final Fantasy X and enjoyed it very much, and having fond memories of Disney from my childhood I decided to buy it without reading any previews, reviews or anything on the game before I bought it.

I still consider it one of my favorite games of all time and look forward to the third main installement, though I admit in hindsight it was pretty irresponsible of me to buy a game on the assumption that if I liked one Final Fantasy game and I liked Disney cartoons when I was younger, that I would like Kingdom Hearts by that type of logic. Being a young gamer it took me a while to finish, especially since I bought the game before I even had my own memory card.

Divine Divinity, it was fee with a videogames magazines back in 2005 and i fell in love with it.

Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem. Didn't know a thing about that game other than X-Play said it was good. Never saw any gameplay, never knew anyone else who owned. Bought it, played it, loved it. I'm gonna be buried with my copy of that game.

Skullgirls...

Pirated it and fell in love.

Bought it on Steam.

Bully made by rockstar, knew only u played a bully as the title says ;D it was amazing and in my opinion deserves to get a remake or something, 9/10 awesome ;D

knowing rockstar, it will probably get an HD android / ios remake.

they still have these to make: max payne 2, manhunt, manhunt 2, bully, GTA liberty city stories, GTA vice city stories, and if they really wanted to.... GTA 1, GTA London, GTA2, but i already play those on android via epsxe emulator anyway, but would be nice to have native android versions.

Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem. Didn't know a thing about that game other than X-Play said it was good. Never saw any gameplay, never knew anyone else who owned. Bought it, played it, loved it. I'm gonna be buried with my copy of that game.

Frontlines: Fuel of war was one of my first games on pc and I randomly picked it up just for its name, sounds soo awesome too me. If I remember it had levelution before battlefield: Bad company and is one of my favorite games.

Both of these actually (although I just rented Frontlines).

Metal Gear Solid on PS1.

Went into my local game store asked what was new in and got given MGS. Still genuinely the best Metal Gear game as has more gameplay than cutscenes.

Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim.

An obscure title where you basically rule a kingdom where you do nothing but build things and hire heroes to fight for you because you can't move any units with the mouse, as they all have pre-programmed AI that tells them to explore, fight, and do all sorts of other things.

It's essentially like the Sims, only you can't influence their lives outside of providing activities and equipment, as well as MONEY!

Never really knew anything about the series but it's published by Paradox Interactive now and I love Paradox's "We'll publish anything Indie-ish" style, so I bought the gold edition for like 5$ 

Pretty fun game for the price.