• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

svikter

Mass Effect 4 discussion and thoughts on what the game will be about.

26 posts in this topic

So we saw a "teaser" earlier this year on E3 about the gameplay new races and the maco, other than that did not show alot. So after the controversial mass effect 3 ending which I personally still cant forget just fresh in my mind those last 5 min or 10 with extended dlc....

And we know there is another mass effect coming up it will be a sequel or around the same time but there will be more races 2 in fact are confirmed so I guess prequel. We dont know which race the main character will be maybe multiple options that would be great but really hard if u can play lets say 5-6 races then u need 10-12 voice actors for each one? some can do more than 1 ofc but still hard to do.

Will probably go back to it's rpg roots explore, customise etc. We know the story and characters will be awesome because it's bioware. We will not see shepard maybe someone from his crew like samara or liara because the live like 1000 years"cheats" compared to the 20-40 year salarian"damn" korgan lifespawn is around 200-400 if im not wrong so chance we see wrex or grunt unless u killed wrex at the citadel or in mass effect 1 ;D

We know not even 1% what the game is gonna be about we have on idea whatsoever, they dont wanna release anything related to the story it will probably not come out 2015 in that case very late otherwise we will see it in 2016 there will probably be a trailer on next E3

So your thoughts about mass effect 4, well the name of the game wont be mass effect 4 but they have not even released a name so we stick to mass effect 4 until. Will the game  be successful, game of year, worst game of the year. And will we still hear in the shop commercials on the citadel " I'm commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the citadel" 

In my opinion the only big miss-step the trilogy had was the ending, but they released DLC to fix it and this isn't an ME3 ending rage thread. That being said I think ME4 will be Game of the Year as long as they have new, and engaging characters and a solid story like the others. I really want to see the appearance of a few characters from the trilogy just for the feels, but not to the point where it become Mass Effect: Nostalgia Edition. A choice of races for the main character is an interesting idea, I hope that they implement it. Overall I am really looking forward to this.

yeah I agree really hope it will be game of the year well it''s my favourite franchise. But I would like to see more tragic stuff and maybe a more bad ending if u play stupid and kill people who are important and can help you or just dont get any friends who would rather kill themself than let the commander die. And more major choices, choices that can save planets,systems. more choices and more consequences. And more homosexual relationships atleast on the guy side to even things up for the other mass effect games. And there is no reason to be homophobic I cant even understand people who are, homo people dont do us anything they are our friends not "aliens"

I'm pretty sure the next principal character is rasa from the bd series mass effect foundation of dark horse because she is a clone of shepard. Yes shepard Has a female clone .

Sorry for the double post. Correction. Rasa is not the clone. Its hard to explain but i dont want to spoild anything . All i say is in this series we see our futur protagonist for the new video game of ME.

Maybe a prequel to Mass Effect. Maybe when humanity just got done with the contact war?

i hope its not a prequel since everebody knows how the story turns out

I really dont know what else they could add, I mean you've fought the REAPERS the most powerful threat the galaxy faced what can be more scary?

Maybe an invasion from another galaxy?

there wont be a prequel because it's already in stone that there will be 2 new races so I doubt it's a prequel. sure u could be some explorer as human or some other alien race, krogan asari u name it and then u discover 2 new races. But I am pretty sure it's a sequel.

there wont be a prequel because it's already in stone that there will be 2 new races so I doubt it's a prequel. sure u could be some explorer as human or some other alien race, krogan asari u name it and then u discover 2 new races. But I am pretty sure it's a sequel.

But how do you do a sequel to the ME3 ending? Shepard is either god, everyone is of understanding and everything is alright, or everything blew up.

Besides, two new races doesn't mean it's a sequel. Mass Effect 2 introduced the Drell and Vorcha. Before that, there was nothing in mentionings of them in ME1. My point is, they could just do the whole "Oh yeah, btw, these guys exist in the ME series, just pretend they were there."

Or maybe they're the bad guys and are driven to extinction and that's why we never see them.

2 news races doesn't necessarily mean it's a sequel. Shoot, it could even be a presequel and take place between ME1 and 2.

Berserker likes this

yes as u say drell and vorcha come from nowhere but we only see 2 drells father and son thats all no major army or planet, which they killed themselfs. vorcha all look the same they barely say anything they are just in the game to be cannon fodder. I bet my money on a prequel much more freedom nothing is restricted and shepard maybe has some monuments on all planets. I mean they can also never mention him an alternate universe maybe which would suck, but I agree with u after the endings sequels are hard. But we dont want to fight reapers anymore if it's between ME 1 and 2 whats the threat I mean we have already see the most brutal alien race in game history at least in firepower and mind control, do we really want the same be shepard number 2 and stop the enemy and safe the galaxy again? maybe just explore more of the universe, then we can watch mass effect the movie which they are planning "slow"

The Legends universe of Star Wars (what we call EU now) is a pretty good idea how to make Mass Effect 4.

Same universe.

Same lore.

Same races.

Same technology.

New areas.

New characters.

New story.

Boom, you have a hit

The thing with Mass Effect and Star Wars is that you can pretty much do anything in it and just say "Yeah, but the Force/Element Zero". People fell in love with the universe. Shit, I'll pretty much buy any movie, comic or game that is in the Mass Effect universe. I want to get back to it and I hope BioWare knows that they have a recipe to 1: Start over 2: Make fucktons of money. Considering a lot of the Dragon Age: Inquisition team are now with the ME4 team, I hope they now know what they can and cannot do with the Frostbite engine.

I mean, I'd still like for ME to stick to science fiction rather than science fantasy like most of Star Wars, but still.

One thing though is a must have in an ME game.

Fluid body animations. Some of the body animations in DA:I were jerky and twitchy. Facial expressions were fine as usual though.

BioWare needs to keep in mind to hold that movie like cinematic experience in the cutscenes in order to accomplish what the first trilogy accomplished.

I just hope this wont be like Phantom Menace..

Originally I was hoping Mass Effect 4 would go back in the past.  Way back in the past, to the time of the Protheans and show us what life was like for them, maybe before the Reaper invasion, or during its last days.

I don't want Mass Effect Next to be about Reapers, at all. Mass Effect 2 and 3 botched that story arch.

I just want a Mass Effect game set in the Mass Effect universe without Reapers, or Cerberus. So I can forget about the way the potential of the series was shat on, maimed then brutalized in Mass Effect 2 and 3.

I don't want Mass Effect Next to be about Reapers, at all. Mass Effect 2 and 3 botched that story arch.

I just want a Mass Effect game set in the Mass Effect universe without Reapers, or Cerberus. So I can forget about the way the potential of the series was shat on, maimed then brutalized in Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Show us on the doll where Mass Effect touched you......

The Legends universe of Star Wars (what we call EU now) is a pretty good idea how to make Mass Effect 4.

Same universe.

Same lore.

Same races.

Same technology.

New areas.

New characters.

New story.

Boom, you have a hit

The thing with Mass Effect and Star Wars is that you can pretty much do anything in it and just say "Yeah, but the Force/Element Zero". People fell in love with the universe. Shit, I'll pretty much buy any movie, comic or game that is in the Mass Effect universe. I want to get back to it and I hope BioWare knows that they have a recipe to 1: Start over 2: Make fucktons of money. Considering a lot of the Dragon Age: Inquisition team are now with the ME4 team, I hope they now know what they can and cannot do with the Frostbite engine.

I mean, I'd still like for ME to stick to science fiction rather than science fantasy like most of Star Wars, but still.

Fluid body animations. Some of the body animations in DA:I were jerky and twitchy. Facial expressions were fine as usual though.

BioWare needs to keep in mind to hold that movie like cinematic experience in the cutscenes in order to accomplish what the first trilogy accomplished.

I would like to see a bigger customization option, more armour, weapons and upgrades choices, kind of like what we had back in ME1. Although I would prefer each piece to be a slightly different  and not the same retextured model like it was , again, in ME1

Same universe.

Same lore.

Same races.

Same technology.

New areas.

New characters.

New story.

Boom, you have a hit

Oh so release more of the same game again?

I posted a thread like this on the PS4 Forum a couple of months back.  I was convinced that maybe the series would continue based on the Indoctrination Theory but I was clearly wrong.  I think WithaStick mentioned something about it being mainly about exploration instead of a space opera, think of it as Star Trek instead of Star Wars.

Now as for the story and the characters, I have my theories.  It's been said that the game will take place the same time that Shepard was taking on the reapers.  That means the story with the reapers may play a small part but within a larger plot.  So I believe the story is of a man/woman who is freelanced through the alliance (if the character is human anyway) to scout out other galaxies as a backup plan in case the battle with the reapers ends up the worse it could possibly be.  In that case the contractor (I guess) has to work with an entire group of other humans and races, some he or she is stuck with from the beginning, others happen to be ones they pick up during the journey.  As for the renegade and paragon thing, renegade would have you probably become some kind of pirate or conquerer while the other is a peaceful explorer who is trying to take a more diplomatic approach to appeasing the different races throughout the multiple galaxies.  If this happens, it's going to add on different armor types, different weapons, probably different ships, different species (of course), and so on and so forth.

I think it could be a gripping story if done right.  Plus on top of that it would probably offer a lot more in conversation and romance.  Plus I can't even imagine the exploration.  I mean could you picture exploring Andromeda possibly?

Maybe it's after Shepard saves the universe, not starring Shepard?

Maybe it's after Shepard saves the universe, not starring Shepard?

I think Bioware has confirmed that game is going to take place in Shepards lifetime. So it will be during Shepards journeys to save the galaxy

yeah but have they like not said shepard wont even be named, if it's the same timeline u will hear about shepard, alot of shepard what hes doing, etc what planets he helps and that he takes down reapers "solo army style"

I don't want it to be a prequel because for a Mass Effect game, they have to create a major plot. If they create a prequel, problem with that is, anything that happened in the past was  explained in the ME1, ME2 and ME3 codex. I dont think ME4 will be a prequel, it could be what happens now that Repears are gone, I mean they left huge scars across the galaxy, civilizations will now need to start healing and maybe Bioware comes up with some kind of a new threat. Whatever it is, I hope it's interesting. I really do hope it's a sequel tho, I'm not a huge fan of prequels, only if they are done right. Maybe it might take hunderds or even thousands years in the future, it doesn't matter but I think Bioware can pull something off. 

well it could be a whole new adventure a really good one but in the end u are indoctrinated and the future is that the reapers won the war and all u have seen is what they wanted u too see? this will probably not happen but could make sense instead of space magic, cmon the most logical thing is that the reapers won the war the crucible is bs. reapers won end of story 

well it could be a whole new adventure a really good one but in the end u are indoctrinated and the future is that the reapers won the war and all u have seen is what they wanted u too see? this will probably not happen but could make sense instead of space magic, cmon the most logical thing is that the reapers won the war the crucible is bs. reapers won end of story 

to be quite frank, I would like to see the story take place outside of the sectors that are not controlled by any of the Council's races. with the only exception for Omega station. I would like to see more of that place it seems a very awesome, dark place to be in, full of mercs, pirates and criminals, isnt that exciting? Travel around the galaxy hunt down criminals and stuff. oh man....I would be so sold for this type of ME4

You know what could be good? Set it in the time when Humanity first discovers the Relays. You could play as a character who was pivotal to getting Humanity noticed in the citadel races and show a lot of first contact situations.

You know what could be good? Set it in the time when Humanity first discovers the Relays. You could play as a character who was pivotal to getting Humanity noticed in the citadel races and show a lot of first contact situations.

In the game, as far as I know, they're pretty vague on the details about it.

Leaves enough open for ME4.