• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

tylerthebest

Why gamers are a great fit at the gym

28 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/14/health/video-gamers-bodybuilders-fitocracy/index.html?hpt=hp_abar

I Had to post this I think a lot of you might find this article interesting. It reminds me of me I'm a bodybuilder myself and I love playing video games.  

Puntosmx likes this

I actually find CNN to be the least awful of the "lame stream" media.

For me, once I'm in the groove, I can't be stopped!

However, I feel like gamers can easily be stopped in doing anything if they're in the "meh" state of mind. I do that too, lol.

What is a gym?

Eh 

im too lazy to go to a gym anyway

likes this

I just workout to keep healthy and so i can end up in 30-40 years being that one old guy at the gym that can lift more than most of the young guns and go on about how we didnt have them fancy techno gadgets like the iPhone 40

I used to be more into my fitness than I am now but I exercise twice a week and try to keep up a minimum standard of fitness.

I honestly can't find the time to play through all the games I have so exercise isn't a high priority but sometimes imagine if electricity was a thing of the past I would have too much free time and spend most of it working out :P

I dont need a gym i get enough exercise by going up and down the stairs multiple times each day for more crisps and coke!!

I go to gym every day and I run outside every day trying to get my body into a sexy shape. I never really get tired and this is my secret

navyfitness.jpg

Joke aside, I did find that article interesting but damn I can never get myself to practice even though I tried a lot. However I do run or do some practice from time to time, but I just wish I did it more often.

Well I do ride a bike a lot. That counts?

I work out 3 times a week gonna be more when I get rid of this (runners knee). Monday,Wednesday,Friday are my Extreme 30 minute workouts for my upper body. And Tuesday,I run on a treadmill at a 15 degree angle at (can't remember 4-3 mph one of the 2) for 30 minutes losing 500 Calories. Thursday I do leg weights and leg exercises. It's only 30 minutes that's all you need a day and I don't work out on Saturday or Sunday. The whole I got to many games thing is a joke you can get 30 minute's to workout. I have over 400 video games. Now the first month is the worse part but after that first hill everything starts feeling great. You get to the point when you will start loving it and don't want to stop you just got to get over that giant hill. 

Eh 

im too lazy to go to a gym anyway

GOOOD. Don't listen to CNN players! The gym only takes time away that you could spend playing our games! Rather buy our new DLC. It will be the best experience you'll ever get we promise. DON'T RUIN US PLAYERS!!!

Going to the gym would mean I would have to leave my house, I try to avoid that whenever I can.

fridgeracer and Apex Spartan like this

Who's says you have to go to the gym when you can make your house into a gym. I workout at my house.

Who's says you have to go to the gym when you can make your house into a gym. I workout at my house.

True, but overall im just too lazy for that as well XD

I got my discharge from the military and got my trophy wife, now I work and play video games(when she let's me), no more gym memberships for me

I too resemble nothing so much as an emo winnie the pooh. At one point I used to go to the gym once a day, witha  couple of buddies but then they stopped going and if I don't have someone to shout at me I will get lazy.

Then I moved job and moved home... bottom line I haven been to the gym since like May. 

If I don't go to the gym at least 3 times per week I think I would go nuts from rage. Ever since I started going about 3 years ago never stopped. Never started going because I was overweight in fact I am pretty underweight and have a hard time packing on pounds, but I'm getting there. I started going because I was feeling pretty angry most of the time for no obvious reason, and since workouts I am quite noticeably less angry and more calm.

Not that I expressed my anger in a bad way, just felt angry inside, nobody knew about it.

You even lift Mario Bros?

I have some kettlebells I'll use every once and awhile, but I've been really into rock climbing. I've always thought of rock climbing a lot like a video game. When doing a climb you have to do the moves just right or you fail. You can also make climbs as hard as you want to, and depending on what kind of climbing you're doing (and your personal preference) you play either arcade rules (if you fail you start from the beginning) or have a checkpoint system.

After a good climbing session though a good game to relax is essential.

The closest I've ever come to a gym is the Wii Fit Studio and that patch of dirt in my backyard where I practice with my sword.

I've been discharged from the military since April of 2013.  I already packed on a bunch of weight due to an injury, getting married, and my wife having a baby.  My future career choice involves me getting into shape.  I need to start running, but about a month ago I started getting in to weight lifting.  I was watching a wrestling match and I wondered what some of the wrestlers do so I looked on Randy Ortons website and see what he works out everyday.  Since then I've been going strong.  I work out at home since I hate working out in front of other people.  The only bad thing is that the weights are fucking expensive.  I'm getting my late Christmas present in a couple of days and it's a 300 lb. weight set for $200.  I'm kind of at that point where it's like I want this weight set, but I also want this game.  Holler at me if you know where I can get some cheap dumbbells.