• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

FlipierFat

What are your thoughts on War Thunder's Balance?

7 posts in this topic

How is it right now? How would you change it? What specific aircraft/tanks are good and bad examples of the balancing system? What mode is best and what mode is worst with balance? 

i didnt really play the game yet but from what i saw from DevilDogGamer's channel, it seems to be ALOT better than freaking World of Tanks (complete pay2win and retarded "balance" with poor Armor mechanics) at least for the air branch

the simulator mode for tank battles seems fairly well-balanced as well

The balance in War Thunder largely depends on the matchmaker and player skill

People may tell you otherwise but there are very few "broken" vehicles in the game and even then its usually a case of a vehicle being tiered to high or to low, more than a fault in its performance

It does however get worse, the higher tier you get, simply because Germany and Japan lost the war, so their high tier vehicle pool suffers!

This is especially true with German tanks, however Gaijin does have plans to help ease the situation.

Now there is a grind to get to the higher tiers, as with all these F2P games, but since i'm a mostly paying player, I cannot give a fair opinion on how bad it is.

These are just my personal thoughts and experiences after 1500+ hours of game time :P

Gobu likes this

Hi

As a non paying player of War Thunder, I can say the grind gets rough after Tier 2 (mostly on tanks) as the repair time vs repair cost of the vehicles goes higher.

I don't have problems with the balance so far, like Drogoran said, its most about vehicles not being on the right tier.

I love that you have various play modes to chose from, the simulator tanks battles are simply a joy to play after World of Tanks (more like World of paper/imaginary tanks). Most of the times i have "died" its because I made a mistake or my teammates were a bunch of lobotomized lemmings.

I am waiting for the "Zerstorer" version of the Ju-88 the C and G and the Fw 200 Condor. For the soviets I want the Petlyakov Pe-8 4 engine heavy bomber.

Uh, change it......immediately. Matchmaking is terrible no matter which tier you are in. Very unbalanced and airplanes are difficult to fly in the tiers they are in. Though tier  4 Germany has seen a significant improvement since its over tiered jet age. Though that meteor and f-84 still exist. The new jet BRs have only helped the mm slightly, but other tiers.....aka the hellcat are still messed up. I more enjoy the events that go on as it gives better Matchmaking than just clicking the to battle button. 

I have noticed that ever since the new battle rating system was introduced there have been matchmaking issues with the game. There is always at least one noob with biplanes in a game of mostly tier 3 planes. Also, some planes could be more like their real life counterparts, like the mosquito, it isnt as fast as it was in real life.

The balance does get better with most updates though but we will have to see what is in store for 1.49

I'd prefer realism to balance, personally. Specifically in the Simulator mode.