• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

veemon_ro

Most dissapointing games of 2014

27 posts in this topic

These games are not bad, how ever they did not live up to the hype and ended up as being a dissapointment

-The evil within

This game had so much promise, but besides the first boss battle it seemed like a 3rd person shooter with little to no ammo

It copied things from resident evil from silent hill and it really did not have a life of its own. 

-Civilization beyond earth

Great game overall how ever it could of been so much more. The game is a reskin of civ 5 and the other civilizations are a step back from CIv 5. They have no personality, you can't trade goods with them (only strategic goods) and they are very peaceful unless you antagonize them
The aliens are just neutrals and are not like the ones in alpha centauri

-Destiny

Painfully obvious

For me the most disappointing game was Watch Dogs. Didn't live up to the hype but the game was shit as well. Some games that I think are going to be in AJ's top 10...

Destiny

Watch Dogs

CoD: AW

Civ: Beyond Earth

ESO

Halo MCE

For me the most disappointing game was Watch Dogs. Didn't live up to the hype but the game was shit as well. Some games that I think are going to be in AJ's top 10...

Destiny

Watch Dogs

CoD: AW

Civ: Beyond Earth

ESO

Halo MCE

You just don't know any better player!!! Every problem will be fixed through DLC. We  promise!!!

Wow you're right I agree with watch dogs.

I think that with more and more cash being stuffed into marketing, litteraly millions of dollars down the train, it causes a huge hype train that no game in the world could possibly live up to.

Thief was very disappointing and watch dogs. Hope we wont see a watch dogs 2.... plz 

Would it be fair to say the Warhammer 40k franchise as a whole?

Warhammer 40k has been all over the place ever since THQ dissolved. It was exceptionally painful to see the Dark Angels in the disaster known as Storm of Vengeance. Unless Eternal Crusade can do what Dark Millennium couldn't, Warhammer 40k's future looks pretty grim dark. 

Sol Omega likes this

I don't think so, when we have a free-to-play warhammer game coming out in 2015 and looks promising. Maybe a company like sledgehammer or if radical studios still existed, warhammer would be more plentyful in the gaming spectrum, but warhammer men of war and its expansions have been keeping me company for a LONG time.

I LOVED THIEF! 

But i costumized the dificulty to get a game over whenever i was spoted and made enemies unkillable thus transforming it in a 100% stealth game. It was pure awesome

Dark Souls 2... That's more of a personal opinion. Still great!

For me as well. I played the 1st one to hell and back. This one was meh to me I played it once and just ignored it.

Destiny, to be honest I don't think it's a terrible game or even a slightly bad game. The gameplay is solid but beyond that the game feels so empty for having one of the largest development budgets.

Why it is disappointing to me isn't because I was hyped for the game and was let down after playing it but rather becuase it had so much pontential to be so much more and failed to achieve just a fraction of that potential is heart-breaking to say the least.

For me Dark Souls 2 was very disappointing. The bosses were a let down, the world map was really linear and not much to explore, it wasn't as hard as previous games and  this has to be the laggiest souls game to date. It still had great gameplay and I'm glad they fixed the one hit kill from behind but adding in the healing items and the early teleportation kind of killed the fun for me.

ESO. Besides that i still didn't finish Dark Souls 2 but it's kind of a let down respect what i was expecting, i heard it gets better on NG+ but honestly a "it gets better later" is not a good thing i can say about a videogame.

Evil Within. I would say Watch Dogs, but I was never interested in Watch Dogs anyway so I expected it to be shit (I would never have gotten it if it didn't come with my PS4)

But yeah, Evil Within is just one huge waste. It had SO MUCH POTENTIAL. But they fucked it up. Oh yeah, and only being able to see two thirds of the screen, that was genius, he said sarcastically.

Civilization: Beyond Earth. Had I not gotten the Civ. 5 addons during a Steam sale and been still playing the base Civ. 5, I probably would've been fine with it. However, with all the features added in by Gods and Kings and Brave New World, Beyond Earth seemed like one giant leap backward for mankind. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun, and I like some of the new features, but at the same time there's a lot to be done, and I will be greatly irritated if addons come out and they seem like they could've pushed off the release date of the main game to incorporate the addon content. Of course, if they go all out with whatever addons they come up with, that'll be a different story.

Any overhyped AAA titles like AssCreed Unity, Watch_Dogs, and Destiny. 

Dungeon Keeper Mobile anyone?

Also Marvel Puzzle Quest...

Thief was disappointing because of the mission hub being a complete mess. When the Mapin a game actually prevents you from getting somewhere then you know you done f*cked up.

Call of Duty AW was a disappointment due to the glowing reviews I saw prior to picking it up. I am now in that place where I know I can't trust games reviews any more.

Watch_Dogs single player story was boring as all hell.

Destiny for the reason that it made me lose all faith in Bungie as a studio. 

Now i now cod isnt the best but i personally always loved the zombie mod on cod and when it came out it should of had it likes been on the past three games and they replaced it with a boring mode and are gonna charge for the mode that most people bought advanced warfare for and they claim that its fair because they put a decent mode but its completly unfair it should of been a part of the game but more disapointing and one that had so much potential was obviously DESTINY! Lol

Derpstiny was the only game I purchased this past year that disappointed me. It was just so bland and boring, nothing about it made me wonder (except who the fuck approved every mission have a sort of wave defence mission), along with racial choices that make no difference and class choices that barely made a difference every few minutes.

Will not be buying another bungie game until they are done with derpstiny, and that may be a while as they were under a 10 year contract.

Will not be buying another bungie game until they are done with derpstiny, and that may be a while as they were under a 10 year contract.

tbh, that's terrible. because that right there is probable proof that the PS4 and xbox one will be out for 10 years before any new 9th gen consoles come out apart from nintendo.

10 years of those 2 consoles... with their hardware specs? mehh... 

Dungeon Keeper mobile is not mentioned enough!!! *angry*

tbh, that's terrible. because that right there is probable proof that the PS4 and xbox one will be out for 10 years before any new 9th gen consoles come out apart from nintendo.

10 years of those 2 consoles... with their hardware specs? mehh...

9th gen was predicted to actually last shorter than 8th I believe and as 8th was out for roughly 7 years, this new one will probably be 5-6

Dungeon Keeper mobile is not mentioned enough!!! *angry*

If Joe's reaction in his latest video is any indicator, that game kind of blasted through the bottom floor of what could be considered as just being "disappointing".

If Joe's reaction in his latest video is any indicator, that game kind of blasted through the bottom floor of what could be considered as just being "disappointing".

Plus mobile game *shrugs*