• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IrishRogue

Stick of Truth Story DLC?

12 posts in this topic

I just finished South Park: Stick of Truth not too long ago and was wondering what the possibility of story expansion dlc or other dlc happening is? I know Ultimate Fellowship and the other costume pack are out already but it would be nice to know whether or not SoT did well enough for Ubi and company to come back to it at some point?

I think it did well enough to probably do another game, especially as well done as it was and the reception it received from almost everyone who played it. As to when . . . . well how long did it take this game to be made? I believe quite awhile, but who knows.

IrishRogue likes this

I think it took them like 4 years to actually get it released and had to cut their 1000 page script down by a lot for it to get finished. If they do a sequel, it may not be for a while. And if they do, i'm preordering it the first day that it becomes available

Seeing how the South Park team just wrapped up their latest season, I would wager that there isn't enough time to budget to create any additional DLC for the Stick of Truth, while still creating episodes for the regular season of South Park. Still the game ended on a strong note so I would imagine it would make more sense to develop a full-fledge sequel than small narrative based content for download. Still seeing as you can keep playing the game after the fact, that is the final battle, it would be very possible to implement something to play after the main game.

If I had to guess it would be something involving Al Gore since, without spoiling anything major, he pops up in the background during the ending just before the credits roll, which I think is not so much a spoiler or hint toward anything and instead is a nod to the joke from the Manbearpig episode in which it becomes apparent that it is very hard for the denizens of South Park to get rid of Al Gore for good.

i predict that the sequel for this game will happen because the shopping mall has been left closed off with a sign saying "coming soon" in the game. it's basically a big section of the game inside the actual game, that we cannot get to, im pretty sure they will at least add some kind of story DLC to add that part and possibly give between 5-10 hours of story content.

if the game took 4 years to develop and release with 1000 something script hours cut,  i doubt a sequel complete game is on the horizon. but i dont doubt the story will continue, just most likely a DLC. there's even a DLC content section accessible from the game menu, that cant be there just for costumes and other gimmicks, it's got to be there for some kind of continuation.

Well what happened to the shoping mal was explained in the 'Black Friday Watch'-Trilogy. I would prefer a sequel, since DLC sucks generally. And I hope that they don't stay with Ubisoft. They butchered the release in Europe, especially in Switzerland.

I think there will be no DLC for South Park, and if another game? Well that's for Trey Parker and Matt Stone to decide, but goddamn what a good game would it be :D Finally some game that emphasizes fun and ridiculous things :D

Well what happened to the shoping mal was explained in the 'Black Friday Watch'-Trilogy. I would prefer a sequel, since DLC sucks generally. And I hope that they don't stay with Ubisoft. They butchered the release in Europe, especially in Switzerland.

only for console versions. the steam version is uncensored.

but the ridiculous thing about it, is that PEGI, the classification body used to give the game an age rating, was used for ALL versions of the game, so all the console versions and the PC / steam version.

if the steam version is uncensored, then why did ubisoft deem it necessary just to censor the console versions? ahh i think i know that one. ubisoft are fags.

It did well enough for a sequel but i'm pretty sure that will be done only if Parker&Stone feel like it, it's quite hard to implement in the whole South Park's story and if they're not involved i'm not going to bother with an eventual sequel.

I would love to see a story DLC or a sequel. I just think it would be difficult to do. For Stick of Truth they used so many of the best references and jokes from their show, it will be difficult to do more and have a similar or higher quality. I feel like they would have to do something completely different to make a sequel, like leave behind the fantasy stuff and go in a different direction.

Would love them to do dlc.

Don't think they will as they have sort of expressed that they didn't want to do DLC and would rather get the game out in one.

Would love a sequel as well though.