• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lhouraii

XenoBlade Chronicles

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone played it? I've been wanting it for soooo long but it's sooooo expensive! Can anyone tell me why it's so expensive? Is it good?

Also, The Last Story is pretty expensive too. I'm sure there's another I'm thinking of but I can't remember the name - is there any other Wii game that's expensive like that? <3

I have played it and yes it is very good. If I had to describe it I would say it's kind of a cross between Final Fantasy and Dragon Age (this is not a very good description but it's the best I can give. 

It's probably the last truly Great JRPG before Bravely Default came out - and the fact that the voice actors are all British (or at least doing a good impression) gives it an oddd quirkyness among the genre. 

It was released pretty much at the end of the Wii's life cycle so only got a limited run so it's kind of rare (a bit like MGS Twin Snakes, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Metroid Prime Trilogy.)

I would not be surprised if they did a rerelease or HD update close to the release of Xenoblade 2 as many people will have been drawn in by Shulk appearing Smash Bros. 

Lhouraii likes this

Its a really good game one that more people should play if they like JRPG'S. Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower are pricey because they're highly sought after, these three games became known through Operation Rainfall. They're a bit hard to find here in America and retail stores that have it charge a lot for them. Except for The Last Story which I've seen new for $30.

Lhouraii likes this

I have played it and yes it is very good. If I had to describe it I would say it's kind of a cross between Final Fantasy and Dragon Age (this is not a very good description but it's the best I can give. 

It's probably the last truly Great JRPG before Bravely Default came out - and the fact that the voice actors are all British (or at least doing a good impression) gives it an oddd quirkyness among the genre. 

It was released pretty much at the end of the Wii's life cycle so only got a limited run so it's kind of rare (a bit like MGS Twin Snakes, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Metroid Prime Trilogy.)

I would not be surprised if they did a rerelease or HD update close to the release of Xenoblade 2 as many people will have been drawn in by Shulk appearing Smash Bros. 

There will be a second? I didn't even know!

I'm guessing it will be on Wii U though, I don't have one yet. 

I'm going to try and get the game then! <3

I'm guessing it will be on Wii U though, I don't have one yet. 

buy it buy it!  :D best 8th gen konsole money kan buy (imo)

It is easily my favorite game on the Wii. It was probably my favorite RPG of the last console generation.

i just watched under the nintendo e shop on the wii U the videos for the upcomming games of 2015, and came across the xenoblade chronicles X trailers....

JESUS CHRIST.... i need me that game, NOW! that's currently my most wished for and anticipated game this year. fuck me... it looks so huge!

Lhouraii likes this

I managed to track down the wii version sometime last year 2nd hand and i am still trying to finish it (i'm at sword valley at the moment), i love the game and i can't wait to buy the 3D version so i can take it around with me. :D

ugghh i really want this game, its pre owned all over the place like amazon and ebay for still... £55. new on amazon its £70.

this game... is it easily worth the £70? i mean seriously? uggh, i really want it the xenoblade chronicles x trailers have made me fall in love with it.

fuck it when i get paid next week i'll see how much i can play with, might just go for it new version.

shadowgamesFTW likes this

ugghh i really want this game, its pre owned all over the place like amazon and ebay for still... £55. new on amazon its £70.

this game... is it easily worth the £70? i mean seriously? uggh, i really want it the xenoblade chronicles x trailers have made me fall in love with it.

fuck it when i get paid next week i'll see how much i can play with, might just go for it new version.

i actually found it at entertainment exchange (CEX) for around £40 the only one there so i got really lucky, yeah i feel getting it online might not be be best way since you pay nearly double for it. I think it depends on the version since there is just the solus version with the game and there was a bundle where you got the game and a red classic controller.

I think it's in the same situation with pandora's tower and the last story since i can't find them anywhere and online they go for ridiculous prices, thankfully from the nintendo direct it seems we might get pandora's tower via wii digital download.

Lhouraii and fridgeracer like this