• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITHASTICK

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Remix, Possible Next-Gen Release

10 posts in this topic

Kingdom Hearts latest re-installments, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Remix, may make their appearance on the Next-Gen systems. IGN interviewed Co-Director Tai Yasue asking questions of a Next Gen release. What Tai Yasue expresses is that they have been considering it. That when Kingdom Hearts 3 was finally happening they always wanted to make Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5, to help lead into Kingdom Hearts 3. But with many making a move over to Next-Gen consoles, and Xbox One players not even having this experience, it has put them in a place of considerations. He does urges that nothing is final, no announcement at all. That he also won't do anything that'll prolong the development of Kingdom Hearts 3 right now.

Here are the quotes:

"When we first came up with the idea for Kingdom Hearts III, it was always 1.5, then 2.5 and we were always thinking about those three titles at the same time," he explains. "I think [putting the games on PS4] is something we’ll explore. We understand what our players want, so we will explore the possibility. I’m not making any announcements though, we can’t make any announcements yet!"

But while Sony gamers would likely appreciate the refresher, with Kingdom Hearts III heading to Xbox One as well as PS4, arguably it's Xbox owners that need the earlier installments of the game more than anyone else. When asked about whether an Xbox One edition of 1.5 and 2.5 could ever see the light of day, Yasue was hesitant. While the initial reasoning behind this was thought to be the initial exclusivity deal with Sony, it seems resources play just as much of a part.

"It’s a big old question," he says. "There’s a lot of things we need to think of when we consider consoles. One of them is what our players want, so we will definitely consider that. But there’s also schedule constraints, as we really don’t want the development of Kingdom Hearts III going later, so we have that to think about. We’ll consider all these things and come to a decision."

Original IGN Article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/first-kingdom-hearts-games-could-still-hit-ps4-and-xbox-one

Once more, nothing is confirmed or even in the works. But they aren't just ignoring the fact of their player base. And the possible demand there. They want to tell a story and they pushed the release of these titles out before Kingdom Hearts 3 and their build up to it. What do you guys think? Did you miss out on your chance for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Remix cause you went Next-Gen? Did you wait and get these titles? Would you get them again?

As much of a KH fan I am unless their is something extra with the new versions, I'll pass. I'm fine with my PS3 versions of 1.5 and 2.5 and don't need to get them a second time after I got 1.5 again from the collector's edition of 2.5

As much of a KH fan I am unless their is something extra with the new versions, I'll pass. I'm fine with my PS3 versions of 1.5 and 2.5 and don't need to get them a second time after I got 1.5 again from the collector's edition of 2.5

I do agree with this. I have them on PS3, and I doubt anything would be added to them (maybe adding Kingdom Hearts 3D.) But From what the IGN was asking and what Tai seem to struggle with knowing is, Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be on XB1. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix, and the contents of those games, have never been on a XB console. And seeing how the whole reason they did these two releases to help build up Kingdom Hearts 3 and get everyone ready for 3. Knowing a large of your player base might not experience that seems hard to swallow.

Now just as a personal note. I am happy XB1 players will get Kingdom Hearts 3 on XB1. But I could never imagine myself playing a Kingdom Hearts game with a XB1 control. I am not saying they can't, its just are to imagine.

True but the issue with that lies considerably on the fact that they can't simply port the games in 1.5 and 2.5 easily over to Microsoft's systems when they haven't ever made them games for them. Porting to PS2 to PS3 or in the case of Birth by Sleep PSP to PS3 was and is possible but between competitors of the same market it's not as easy. So if there is ever a next gen version of 1.5 and 2.5 I doubt they will come even before KH3 because by now a good chunk of fans are screaming at them to get that done.

So if there is ever a next gen version of 1.5 and 2.5 I doubt they will come even before KH3 because by now a good chunk of fans are screaming at them to get that done.

I agree, and so does Tai. I guess it is just a interesting question to have. But it seems his team is more worked on the fact to get Kingdom Hearts 3 done, than work on anything else.

True plus then there is this that has just popped up on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/07/goofy-voice-actor-claims-kingdom-hearts-3-coming-this-year

Okay a voice actor's word isn't exactly a good means of deciding on a release date but it is interesting to know that perhaps the voice acting stuff is coming to a wraps.

Now that I finally own a PlayStation I can finally play the kingdom hearts games. also since this is kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 is it possible that some new cut scenes or items will be put into the games to increase the popularity for the third installments release (just a question because I haven't really had the time to do much digging into the game myself). 

Now that I finally own a PlayStation I can finally play the kingdom hearts games. also since this is kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 is it possible that some new cut scenes or items will be put into the games to increase the popularity for the third installments release (just a question because I haven't really had the time to do much digging into the game myself). 

Do you mean if 1.5 and 2.5 have new cutscenes compared to the original games or IF they do make them for Xbox One and PS4 will they add more stuff. Probably no on the latter as for the former, if your only experience with the games are the original released games then yes there is new stuff in the game at least for those places outside of Japan because these games are the Final Mix versions which at the time of the PS2 era were exclusive to Japan at the time. So unless you lived in Japan or got your hands on the Final Mix games, then there is definitely new stuff in 1.5 and 2.5.

New content varies from a few new weapons, cutscenes (that unfortunately have no voice acting, just dialogue), and at least one new boss a piece.

True but the issue with that lies considerably on the fact that they can't simply port the games in 1.5 and 2.5 easily over to Microsoft's systems when they haven't ever made them games for them. Porting to PS2 to PS3 or in the case of Birth by Sleep PSP to PS3 was and is possible but between competitors of the same market it's not as easy. So if there is ever a next gen version of 1.5 and 2.5 I doubt they will come even before KH3 because by now a good chunk of fans are screaming at them to get that done.

Actually porting a game for the PS4 to XBox One and/or PC and vice versa wouldn't be that difficult as these systems use the same software architecture (X86). I know the the KH games are remastered versions, but most of the work need to put them on the XB1 is done buy building the game for the PS4, after that it's a fairly simple port.

I own both systems, so I guess in my case it doesn't really matter.

I would love this to happen as I have heard a lot of good things about KH but missed 1 and 2. I know I could buy them now but I already have a back catalogue of games I still haven't finished. But if they remastered them and bought them to PS4 I don't think I would be able to resist :)