• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nickyzhere

2015 is the year that we stop pre-ordering video games

43 posts in this topic

I found this great article while on Yahoo!, and I think it's worth reading. 

https://games.yahoo.com/news/2015-stop-preordering-video-games-once-183056936.html

(the comments in this article worth reading as well)

I couldn't agree more with what this article said. Believe it or not, I was suckered into pre-ordering COD Advanced Warfare, which I thankfully canceled, because the gameplay trailers made it look like it would be a decent game. I'm tired of this proverbial carrot being held in front of the face of gamers with promises of innovating gameplay, incredible graphics *cough* Watch Dogs *cough*, and just plain old fun games which turn out to be a boring chore to play. I know that Ubisoft, EA, and Activision, won't like this topic, but that's the point. Maybe if we hit them where they don't like it, their wallets, they'll perk up and decide to change something. That's just my two-cents, what do you think?

mrzOMBIE1330 and Glaice like this

Destiny was the final straw for me. Gonna not let myself get to exited by games anymore. Allot of games coming out I'm interested in, but not taking a trip on the hype train again.

I'm going be excited for games no doubt, or else where's the fun in that lol.

But fuck pre-ordering. Last game I preorderd was FIFA 15 and it was a pile of wank piss.

I'm going be excited for games no doubt, or else where's the fun in that lol.

But fuck pre-ordering. Last game I preorderd was FIFA 15 and it was a pile of wank piss.

I totally agree that you should still get excited about a release of an upcoming game, but I'm just going to be excited without spending any money. Was FIFA 15 that bad? I thought that the demo I played in a Gamestop wasn't terrible. (then again, I wasn't stuck with the game after I left the place)

I only preorder when i'm beyond sure it will be amazing, like stick of truth and dragon age (the only games i preordered last year, each about 2 weeks before launch). The only games i'm considering preordering this year is witcher 3 and maybe Mortal Kombat

Well there is The witcher 3 which I cant believe could be bad or mediocre. And GTA for pc because we already know it's good maybe some connection, and hackers at first but will be good. Hmm other than that far cry 4 was worth pre ordering. Thief sucked to preorder... waste of money have not even finished the game it lies in the library of 120 games on steam which i maybe have finished 60. Damn u steam and gabe..... but the game with most preorders must be world of warcraft every expansion right? 

I'll still pre-order if it's worth while and I know what I'm in for.

I ain't need some person gonna tell me what I can and can not do with pre-ordering games! Uh uh! No sir-re-bop!

nene-snap.gif?w=500&h=282

That said, the last game I pre-ordered and was happy with was...

GUILTY GEAR XRD SIGN, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a nice box, nice sound track, nice art book, and it came with an amazing game.

The last game I pre-ordered and WASN'T happy with was...

Never. I never pre-order games that I'm not sure will be bad or not.

nickyzhere and argetlam350 like this

I fully support a movement within our community to make it an obligation to not preorder anything from big companies.

I totally agree that you should still get excited about a release of an upcoming game, but I'm just going to be excited without spending any money. Was FIFA 15 that bad? I thought that the demo I played in a Gamestop wasn't terrible. (then again, I wasn't stuck with the game after I left the place)

It was basically the same thing as FIFA 14, which was the same as FIFA 13 and FIFA 12.

But, since FIFA 12 the gameplay and community has gotten worse and worse. And being a huge FIFA 12 fan, I despise the POS that is FIFA 15.

I'm going to make myself to the best of my ability to not pre-order anymore. Tired of digital content being "Timed exclusive" for starters.

I generally only preorder games I think are going to be amazing but last year that included Watch_Dogs and Destiny both of which were pretty disappointing. This year I'm not doing it no more.

The only game I have been tempted to preorder is Batman Arkham Knight - and even so after the dissapointing Origins I will wait for the reviews.

I only pre-ordered The Witcher 3, because I can't foresee a world in which CD Projekt RED disappoints me. Even on the off chance they do, I probably won't miss that money by the time the game's out. Not to mention, no digital pre-order bonuses is commendable.

Noooo players!!! Don't you dare stop pre-ordering our games!!! It will be different this year, we promise!!! Look, there will be no more day-1-DLC. This time, it will be day-2-DLC!!! Don't ruin our lives!!!

fridgeracer likes this

I usually never pre order games. The only games I've pre ordered last year were Wolfenstein The New Order and Alien Isolation. I pre ordered Wolfenstein because Wolfenstein is one of my favorite series and I have yet to play any id game that disappointed me whatsoever, and I only pre ordered Alien Isolation to grab the Nostromo DLC after the early reviews came out assuring me that the game was good.

I'll still probably continue pre ordering in the future, but only for games that I think are surefire wins and usually only after the early reviews come out. If the embargo is on or later than the release date, I'm avoiding it.

i'm a little more extreme... i say the hell with gaming.

i have played and tried so many dissapointing new games in the last year that i just do not care anymore, i don't have any faith in almost any companies.

i will continue to play old games that i first played and liked ages ago or in my early 20s. i will continue playing sequels of those games so long as the company stays faithful to their fans and makes the games as good as possible (cough, GTA5). but everything else? fuck it. don't care. couldn't care less.

too many games coming out are not actually any fun to play. they make me feel like it's a boring house chore to go through them, with their checkpoint systems, waves of bad guys with guns, missions, achievements, collectibles, bla bla bla.

Glaice likes this

Only thing I've ever pre-ordered was Borderlands 2. Kinda regret that decision, but what's done is done. Only did it because I had money at the time.

That said, I've never been excited enough about a game to pre-order it. Yes, I did pre-order BL2, but I quite liked the first game, so I hoped that BL2 would be just as good and it was, but in the long run it got boring.

Yea man! Early access purchases all the way!

EVEN.                    \

THOUGH.

THEY.                       \

MIGHT.                        =>  Saying these with teeth closed!

NEVER.               

RELEASE.                /

EVER.                   /

Earlier access trend needs to stop especially WB Games where you get Goro for Mortal Kombat X after you pre-order the game, this should've been an unlockable character after meeting certain criteria!

Right now, I only pre-order if I'm after a special or collector's edition for the physical extras. Exception is if it's some JRPG from NIS or Atlus where it eventually becomes difficult to find after a while, or titles that I just want to have as a collector.

Glaice and Commissar Elusive like this

depending on where you live you might HAVE to pre-order just to make sure you get a copy at all. Some games have stupid small production counts...I don't see it very often at all, if ever anymore though.

Then of course there are games you know you want to try regardless of what people say. I personally don't trust reviewers one bit, never have. But sometimes the masses get it wrong too IMO. For example, heroes of might and magic 4. The fans of the homm series hated on that game quite a bit when it was new, and for reasonable reasons... It was a big change in the series, the art style was ass, the animations were ass, but it still had good music, landscape, and gameplay assuming you could not try and think of it as the next homm game (though it was still VERY homm, just a few big changes in certain catagories)...I really like the game, and am glad I got it, and if I listened to public opinion, I wouldn't have got it...homm 5 and 6 are ugh though.. ugh ugh.

I found this great article while on Yahoo!, and I think it's worth reading. 

https://games.yahoo.com/news/2015-stop-preordering-video-games-once-183056936.html

(the comments in this article worth reading as well)

I couldn't agree more with what this article said. Believe it or not, I was suckered into pre-ordering COD Advanced Warfare, which I thankfully canceled, because the gameplay trailers made it look like it would be a decent game. I'm tired of this proverbial carrot being held in front of the face of gamers with promises of innovating gameplay, incredible graphics *cough* Watch Dogs *cough*, and just plain old fun games which turn out to be a boring chore to play. I know that Ubisoft, EA, and Activision, won't like this topic, but that's the point. Maybe if we hit them where they don't like it, their wallets, they'll perk up and decide to change something. That's just my two-cents, what do you think?

Agreed. We got to, besides the promises developers aren't cutting it. Especially 343's. People are talking about this game..

Yeah, there is some good, but then there's the obvious truth..

As someone who stopped preordering games in 2008, you guys are cute.

Coincidentally, that was also over an Ubisoft game (Far Cry 2).

Like it or not, I'll be pre-ordering RE: Revelations 2 if I can. No one can stop me!

Barry, man. We're all doing it for Barry. lol

Only game I've preordered for 2015 is Witcher 3 and only because it's a part of a series that has impressed so far and I've been watching it so the developers really seem to be listening to the fans and public opinion on games.