• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nickyzhere

2015 is the year that we stop pre-ordering video games

43 posts in this topic

Pre-ordering games has really turned the industry on it's ear, in a very bad way. For the sake of quality games, we as gamers really need to pull together and stop giving away our money for broken, incomplete games, while the developers and publishers laugh all the way to the bank. With OUR money.

Aliens Colonial Marines.....do I even need to say more

I wouldn't say stop pre-ordering, but more of know what to pre-order. I mean I know I can pre-order "The Witcher 3" and get my money's worth out of it. If you know its going to be good then go for it. If its a sketchy deal, wait till it drops and see how the game came out to decide whether or not your going to buy it. Prior experience to who shows their worth goes a long way.

A friend of mine has already paid for Evolve in full and he has yet to even play it. I've played Evolve, I think it's boring. A game built on running around a map only to get into a Destiny esque boss fight with a one-shot bullet sponge is not fun. Sure, there are different classes and monsters, but it still feels like the same thing each game. The game lacks the depth it appears to have on the surface. I will have to play it more, though. I didn't like Left 4 Dead the first time around either.

Either way, he bought a game he hasn't played or seen much gameplay of, and that's bad, mkay?

You don't have to stop preordering games in order to turn the gaming industry to better, you just need to know what to preorder. 

When someone sees a new game just being announced, I mean just ANNOUNCED and they already preorder it then tbh, I don't really mind if you get disappointed. We don't need to stop preordering games, you just need to stop preordering without ANY research at the game you preordered. 

It's easy. You see a game coming out in a year from now and you for some reason love it. 3 things will happen.

1. You will preorder it instantly

2. You will preorder it a bit after waiting for trailers, doing some research etc

3. You will not preorder it at all but just buy at release or after you watch reviews.

Okay, so people who are in number 1 will get screwed the most and they will also whine the most but tbh, they don't have the right to whine. You yourself brainlessly without any thought went and preordered the game. You without any thought fell for the corporate trap.

People in number 2 might whine and might get disappointed. They THOUGHT the game was good because the trailers were pretty and the description of the game was awesome but it turns out, it was just a bunch of fake crap and fake corporate promises. Those gamers just fell to a typical corporate trick. 

Example. Watch_Dogs graphics which were overhyped but we all know in the end what happened.

And people in number 3 will whine the least since they wait for reviews and take their time before buying their game. Also, it's very easy to do that.

So the first way to "stop preordering" is just become patient and think before brainlessly preordering a game as soon as it is announced. Pretty simple. We all know that gamers will never stop preordering but at least there is a chance to grow a brain and think before preordering instantly. 

I don't pre order 99% of the time because a) My method of thinking is assume everything is going to suck. And b ) Most Developers don't deserve to have their games pre ordered. 

That being said, I am planning to pre order Bloodborne Nightmare Edition. Mostly because From Software is one of the few developers out there that genuinely care about their audience and not the pay check.

Besides Bloodborne I don't plan to preorder any other game, unless Kingdom Hearts 3 actually gets released this year though I'm still skeptical it will come out this year.

I don't pre order 99% of the time because a) My method of thinking is assume everything is going to suck. And b ) Most Developers don't deserve to have their games pre ordered. 

That being said, I am planning to pre order Bloodborne Nightmare Edition. Mostly because From Software is one of the few developers out there that genuinely care about their audience and not the pay check.

I just wish to say I hate you. XD

Kidding, just wish Nightmare Edition was coming to the US but it doesn't seem to be at least there has been no confirmation through any retailers here.

Besides Bloodborne I don't plan to preorder any other game, unless Kingdom Hearts 3 actually gets released this year though I'm still skeptical it will come out this year.

I just wish to say I hate you. XD

Kidding, just wish Nightmare Edition was coming to the US but it doesn't seem to be at least there has been no confirmation through any retailers here.

The PS4's region free, just import it from the UK if you want it so bad :)

The only games I pre-order are the ones that I really want or its because of the collectors edition will be hard to get on  release. I usually just wait for games that I want to play and don't want to pay full price to get them. Last year I only pre-ordered one game that was Dark Souls 2 CE.

I stopped pre-ordering games in 2013 when I picked up both AC4: Black Flag and Battlefield 4 on the same day. AC4: Black Flag was AMAZING. Battlefield 4, however, was a complete fucking borefest that didn't work properly and made me quit after just ONE HOUR of (pseudo) gameplay. I swore I would never pre-order after that.

Honestly I can't think of any games in 2015 I'd want to preorder anyway, except maybe A Hat In Time and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. The new Zelda looks neat but I want to be sure it's not just gonna be a "here's a huge empty world where nothing happens" game, which I don't think it will be because Nintendo has a good track record on delivering on hype, but even so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Technically I've already pre-ordered a 2015 game from back in 2013, the Homestuck point and click adventure game that was kickstarted, but other than that I'm playing it safe.

You don't have to stop preordering games in order to turn the gaming industry to better, you just need to know what to preorder. 

When someone sees a new game just being announced, I mean just ANNOUNCED and they already preorder it then tbh, I don't really mind if you get disappointed. We don't need to stop preordering games, you just need to stop preordering without ANY research at the game you preordered. 

It's easy. You see a game coming out in a year from now and you for some reason love it. 3 things will happen.

1. You will preorder it instantly

2. You will preorder it a bit after waiting for trailers, doing some research etc

3. You will not preorder it at all but just buy at release or after you watch reviews.

Okay, so people who are in number 1 will get screwed the most and they will also whine the most but tbh, they don't have the right to whine. You yourself brainlessly without any thought went and preordered the game. You without any thought fell for the corporate trap.

People in number 2 might whine and might get disappointed. They THOUGHT the game was good because the trailers were pretty and the description of the game was awesome but it turns out, it was just a bunch of fake crap and fake corporate promises. Those gamers just fell to a typical corporate trick. 

Example. Watch_Dogs graphics which were overhyped but we all know in the end what happened.

And people in number 3 will whine the least since they wait for reviews and take their time before buying their game. Also, it's very easy to do that.

So the first way to "stop preordering" is just become patient and think before brainlessly preordering a game as soon as it is announced. Pretty simple. We all know that gamers will never stop preordering but at least there is a chance to grow a brain and think before preordering instantly. 

I dunno man. I don't know about you, but most reviewers IMO aren't trustworthy. I'm not even saying the ones that are liars, unethical, or have ulterior motives, but alot of the time I don't even think they have good taste, and place too much value on trivial aspects of games, and fail to consider how a game lacks in major departments like actual gameplay value, fair challenge, replay value, etc.

Even if you think there are a few reviewers out there that are 100% trustworthy like most people here probably feel about joe and TotalBiscuit, the liklihood of them actually reviewing a game that you MIGHT wanna pre-order BEFORE the game is even out is slim to effing none since 1 man crews can only review so many games at one time and there are tons of games coming out.

I'm also a little concerned that in 2015 we'll see more of these companies putting embargos on reviews just so that no one sees what a shitstorm their game is before its too late to cancel pre-orders.

Elder Scrolls Online was the last game I preordered; what a disappointment that was. I don't think I'll even preorder Legacy of the Void when that inevitably goes up. I'm pretty sure PC gamers are very much aware of this blight, consoles on the other hand, probably won't be up on current events. Plus, since consoles mostly have physical disks, preorders will probably still be a thing for them. 

well I would say it like this, if its something like ESO which had beta (so you could see it already) then you can decide to pre-order if you like it. If you haven't played it yourself Pre-ordering is a shot in the dark.

you know what i was thinking about pre ordering blood born but  yeah i think ill wait