• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Barbatrueno

Is Minecraft worth playing?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, how are you doing?

Is Minecraft worth playing? Where can you get the game? 

I personally recommend. Its a sand box game, so like they say only your creativity hold you back (for creative mode). And their some significant amount of  things to do while surviving and eventually thriving. And if your  extra creative  you can build adventure maps, epic builds, and even crazy contraptions. Or if your not the most creative you can play min-games everything from tense pvp to strategy in the survival games(hunger games) or even silly old classics like snake. And the game is constantly sending new snapshots (updates),but its been a bit slower since Microsoft bought Minecarft.  And if you dont like the vanilla features you can mod Minecraft to add just about anything.

Well thats my lengthy summary. And you can buy it at ,,,,,,,,

www.minecraft.net 

Minecraft is the game that made Sandbox games in general more popular. Just like Halo did with First Person Shooters. It is worth checking out!

baronrouker likes this

Yeah it's a great game you can get it for last and current gen consoles and PC I find it more fun with friends though.

It's certainly a great game to blow off some time and something to play while you're waiting for another game to be released. I only play creative mode and I have been working on a project for a few months now.

I personally don't like it, but that's probably more because of my individual tastes. 

I honestly don't like games where there isn't some kind of end-game or obstacle to be overcome. I get bored easily.

That said give it a go - you may have a different response.

Once you get bored of the vanilla MC, there are alot of nice mod packs out there. Also MC versions 1.8 and 1.8.1 might be laggier than others.

Yeah it's a great game you can get it for last and current gen consoles and PC I find it more fun with friends though.

Consoles are limited spacewise, the PC version is your best bet as your/server's hard drive is your world size limit.

Also, Minecraft is best played with friends.

baronrouker likes this

IMO no.

It doesn't have enough content to make a good singleplayer game. If you want survival, try Terraria or Don't Starve. It can be fun in multiplayer, but it's a lackluster experience in singleplayer. 

Friends definitely a must for that much more fun. When I played with co-workers we had a griefer that went around burning down houses and taking supplies. So, I built me a house dug deep underground with an entrance found through a tunnel hidden under a lake. Then dug another tunnel in the corner of my house which eventually opened up to huge caverns. Shit now I want to play again...good times.

baronrouker likes this

Also, Youtube is SATURATED with this crap. Minecraft here, Minecraft there, it's enough to drive you to dislike it because you see suggested videos that are of it when the video you watched has nothing to do with it.

It's a type of game where you really have to sort of make your own fun. There's no real structure to it. Once you've done the first few tasks you're free to pretty much do whatever the hell you want and try to advance your options in whatever way you want.

Creative mode is if you're a fan of Legos and you like to build things without limits. Survival is more of a challenge to find things for your character to live, and then thrive in the world.

The vanilla is cool enough, but they have lots of mods for the game to add some more depth and aesthetic to it. Such as in-depth RPG elements or whole structured game modes.

Basically if you just wanna drop $20 and play a game you're not willing to mod or to explore/sandbox in it, this game's probably not for you. You will get what you put into it.

baronrouker likes this