• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Anyone still play the first Crysis?

12 posts in this topic

Went back to play it the other day and I was like, "ah, what the heck. I beat the game already give me unlimited energy on my suit". Put it on the highest difficulty setting.... I by far more enjoyed it without suit restraints and it  certainly made me feel more like a bad ass. Running at super speed, super jumping into the air, and just cloaking before you land on a tank. Your feeling the power.

In armor mode sniper rounds still do damage along with grenades. Tanks rounds and rockets can still very much kill you. Also unlike Crysis 2 and 3, Its far faster to switch through modes at least in my opinion using the pc shortcuts rigged through xpadder to my 360 controller. And I did enjoy just running the middle of a fire fight, switching between modes while you run and gun and being careful on the times you turn off your armor to leap atop of buildings and come down through a few roofs.

Putting a sniper scoop on a silenced assault rifle was also gratifying. Though aside from that I can say I believe I enjoyed the multi-player more then the other games. More so because of the massive maps. Of course dying and having to be ported alllll the way back to your spawn point was a pain. But you especially didn't have to worry about anyone trying to camp your spawn. They would immediately be destroyed by the automated weapons against opposing teams.

I think next time around I'm going to see if there is a way to increase enemy damage so regular bullets can still cause some pain, but not so much as having it off.

I loaded Crysis warhead a little while ago. 

Psycho's m'boy.

Jinzuro likes this

I was 6 when Crysis came out, my cousins built a rig with an Intel Core 2 duo and an 8800 GT. Couldn't run it on Ultra.

Jinzuro likes this

I loaded Crysis warhead a little while ago. 

Psycho's m'boy.

I feel the same. I would have felt better if it was him you played through the entire series.

I remember when it first came out. "Yeah, but can it run Crysis?"

Hahaha. It was the game to test your system. 

I was 6 when Crysis came out, my cousins built a rig with an Intel Core 2 duo and an 8800 GT. Couldn't run it on Ultra.

I could barely run it and at the time I had a Sager laptop with dual 7900GT. 

I do. I did add in the Tactical Expansion mod, though, which adds a lot of new guns (personal favorite being the AA-12 with FRAG-12 rounds).

I was disappointed by Crysis 2 and 3, so I basically play Crysis 1 exclusively right now.

"Can it run Crysis?" was also the name of an achievement on Xbox 360 version of Crysis 2

I do. I did add in the Tactical Expansion mod, though, which adds a lot of new guns (personal favorite being the AA-12 with FRAG-12 rounds).

I was disappointed by Crysis 2 and 3, so I basically play Crysis 1 exclusively right now.

I will have to try that. I did enjoy messing around with the mods. They always enhance the experience after playing it on normal.

I've never had the pleasure (ascending peasant as it were...sort of) I've played games on console dominantly since I really started getting into them but I've played on PC as well since I was a young child, although with my R9 295x2/Intel 8 core monster (last part is being ordered tomorrow) I'm going to switch over to PC as my primary platform for gaming!

Jinzuro likes this

I've never had the pleasure (ascending peasant as it were...sort of) I've played games on console dominantly since I really started getting into them but I've played on PC as well since I was a young child, although with my R9 295x2/Intel 8 core monster (last part is being ordered tomorrow) I'm going to switch over to PC as my primary platform for gaming!

Definitely try Crysis. Its definitely an experience. I just got a GTX 970 not long ago and being we can now upload at 60fps its more then a perfect time for me to go back and play Crysis, but not the same as everyone else has been playing it. Oh I'm going to enjoy it with all types of lush mods that have been made since its release. I figure there are enough people who've recorded through the entire game playing normally.

ofFireandStone likes this

I bought it for the first time during the Steam Christmas sale. Planning to try it out soon.

I bought it for the first time during the Steam Christmas sale. Planning to try it out soon.

Hope you enjoy it and definitely try playing it with mods afterwards. Though I would say using the graphics mod from the beginning can give a grand experience.

Normal Crysis

Blackfire Mod

Blackfire Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/blackfires-mod-ultimate