• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jitterdoomer

Delaying Games, is it a good deal?

10 posts in this topic

After the announcement of Rockstar delaying GTA V PC for March, the companies decided to delay the game in order to make the game smoother, is this a good deal for gamers, because after we oversaw the Watch_Dogs buggy PC release and BF4 that were full of game-breaking bugs, it might be a good deal just to release the game in a 100% form.

I'd rather games just not announce that their happening until the year it's coming out. Like actually coming out.

7thFrost likes this

Although frustrating that we have to wait even longer than we initially thought, I still think that it's a very good thing, because it means we're more likely to get a stable game at release. That being said, though, imagine if Rockstar released a poor port even after all these delays... We'd be in for a shitstorm of epic proportions. >_>

It is a very good deal, indeed. If a game isn't ready, it's always a good idea to delay it. People who play video games on a regular basis obviously want a quality, glitch-free game. Luckily there are some big name companies that recognize this like Rockstar.

I'd rather games just not announce that their happening until the year it's coming out. Like actually coming out.

This

The problem is games get announced months or even years before they can accurately project when they'll be ready. They do this for two reasons.

One to build up hype and promote the game, and that's fair enough, and two so they can take in pre-orders.

When the game gets near release date and is not ready, companies have two choices. They can delay the game and pre patch it and hurt thier chances of meeting sales targets, or release it on time and take in those lovely pre-order and launch sales and hope to patch the game before they get bad publicity form customers.

These publishers and developers just don't get it. If a game is not ready, we're willing to wait. It doesn't mean we won't buy it, just means we won't buy it yet. If companies just had the common sense to not announce release dates untill they know the game will be ready for that date they would save themselves alot of hassle and negative press.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Considering how the PS4 version has a few bugs on it:

Not to mention the Special and Collector's Edition owners from the previous generation consoles not getting all of the stuff promised to them, a delay to make sure everything is working properly when it comes out (hopefully) on PC can only be a good thing.

You used the word "Oversaw" wrong by the way. The word you're looking for was simply "Saw".

Also, waiting to play a game past its release date lets you avoid bugs before they're fixed:

I didn't run across this problem when I did that tower a few days ago.

After the announcement of Rockstar delaying GTA V PC for March, the companies decided to delay the game in order to make the game smoother, is this a good deal for gamers, because after we oversaw the Watch_Dogs buggy PC release and BF4 that were full of game-breaking bugs, it might be a good deal just to release the game in a 100% form.

Of course delaying games is a good idea, but it depends on the reason. If it's for optimizing then it's fine.

Either way, gamers will complain.

1. If a company releases a game earlier but it's buggy, everyone will complain it's buggy, that it was a waste of money and all that.

2. If a company delays a game in order to launch it in a good state, then gamers will be a bit pissed or dissapointed at the delay but at least will be a lot more satisfied at launch. 

We do have to remember that no game is perfect 100% tho, even if delayed. There will always be bugs but if they delay a game to optimize it and make it as bug-free as possible, it's still a better and more smooth game than one that's released fully in a alpha state. 

Now I would get REALLY pissed if a game gets delayed with an excuse to optimize it but then at launch is still buggy as hell, that would really piss me off. I really hope that won't be the issue with Witcher 3.

Legolas_Katarn likes this

I would like them to release the game when it's good and ready instead of saying hey game coming out this year only to see a month later sorry no game this year next year it come out.

every time a game gets delayed people applaud them as if it's just to fix some bugs and polish the game...I can't help but wonder if they get delayed because teh game wont effing launch at all on many systems or something huge like that. Delaying at that point is obviously a good idea, but announcing a release date at all before getting to that point isn't imo.