• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dumontrudisel

Update: Why is CoD so hated?

CoD   39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like CoD?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

I know this is a touchy topic, but i'm curious as to how (if at all) the cod hate has changed since the release of Advanced Warfare. Do you like Cod, hate it, just don't pay attention to it? Share your thoughts

Personally like it, Advanced Warfare being my favorite, because of the new additions to the gameplay. Same reason why I like Pokemon and smash. The core of the game stays the same, but adds new features wit each one. Plus its fun as hell with a group of friends

AW changed a couple things but story is still kinda bad gameplay mimicks CoD:Ghost's coding they just added jet packs they didn't put a lot of effort into it so with that in mind they stopped making good CoD games at World at War and Modern Warfare2 Black Ops 1 was good also but 2 was meh the rest from that point are just bad

I know this is a touchy topic, but i'm curious as to how (if at all) the cod hate has changed since the release of Advanced Warfare. Do you like Cod, hate it, just don't pay attention to it? Share your thoughts

Personally like it, Advanced Warfare being my favorite, because of the new additions to the gameplay. Same reason why I like Pokemon and smash. The core of the game stays the same, but adds new features wit each one. Plus its fun as hell with a group of friends

I think the problem with COD is that it changed, but it changed too late. Think of COD now as the typical Michael Bay movies: Nonexistent Plot, and abuse of Explosions. It doesnt help either that every single game after Black Ops seems to be hacker or script kitties heaven after a few days of release. I think this is making people ironically appreciate the older Call of Duty's, from the first one to MW2. Honestly, I dont give a scratch for Advanced Warfare, im sticking with my Call of Duty 1,2, 3, MW, World at War, and MW2

I only buy COD's for the single player campaign then i may have a quick go online then get rid of the game.  AW is the only one i actually gave a good go at on MP but i still got rid of it.

The games are all the same and imo adding another level of verticality doesnt change the game at all.  The multiplayer is waaaaaaay too easy and full of snot nosed little brats who think because they have a mic it has to be used for everyone else to listen to whatever shit music they are into.  Non of the Devs Activision use to make the game have figured out what recoil is yet.  SMG's with supressors are still the god guns of the game at any range.

Killstreaks need to be removed completely but heyho thats the only reason ppl play the MP is too attain the ultra super cool overpowered vehicle of death (though it has been toned down slightly in AW to the point where they are useless as everything is indoors)

CODS where great many moons ago but now they are just milking the fans and the funny thing is the fans even know this but still line up every year to buy the same game they bought the year before.

Dyzzles, Menofwarfan. and Winnum like this

From where I see it, it's because they just do.

CoD was at it's best in the WW2 theatre, when it was basically ripping ff of medal of honor:allied assault and spearhead (yes i used to play those games many moons ago). CoD then was a bit more fluid than MoH but it was a fantastic game with one of the best multiplayer games of it's time then they pretty much changed everything about the original series of call of duty that made it good, they made the maps smaller and added perks and unlocks (which is good in a  way, but detracted from what CoD was meant to be) and it seemed every year and release that went by, the game lost it's soul. I gave the benefit of the doubt with the modern warfare series, but after that, no.. the original CoD is well and truly dead and all we see now is desperate attempts to revive it using aspects from other games, there is nothing original about CoD, there never has been, ever since the first one.

I don't hate COD as a whole, I just hate COD: Ghosts. AW was alright (kevin spacey was awesome though) but I still seem to prefer the treyarch call of duties

I do not like CoD at all anymore, it's just more of the same crap year after year with some changes. Same generic linear single player, same child infested multiplayer. MW1 was the last one I played and back then the series was still good, now it's just on the Activision corporate assembly line, treating it as an expendable yearly product and not a game.

Raizurhk likes this

I buy CoD every year, play it a shit load even if it is just that, shit.

I just want W@W2 and I'll love everything.

Funny thing is, the first half of CoD is all WW2. Then complaints rose about it, and we got Modern Warfare. When that was done, we got future based warfare (black ops 2, ghosts, aw). Not too sure where the series should go from here. 

Funny thing is, the first half of CoD is all WW2. Then complaints rose about it, and we got Modern Warfare. When that was done, we got future based warfare (black ops 2, ghosts, aw). Not too sure where the series should go from here. 

I think that happened because at the time, the market was saturated with World War II First person Shooters. Now when the modern-based military shooters appeared, the market is now in the present day oversaturated with those. And probably soon the Future based warfare shall be oversatured. And besides, the core of the game didnt change so much with AW, it was just....well, just more explosions, and more neat weapons. But that doesnt help if either your story or your MP doesnt measure up to it. A good game should always have a good story or plot, to engage you in the game. Thats my honest opinion. 

I'm too hipster for lame stream games, like CoD.

However, I like to think it's the fan base that deters me from enjoying the game (that, and the idea that a knife handle hitting my boot killed me, or a single shot to my arm is enough to kill me, but several body shots or a head shot isn't enough to kill the other guy).

That said, I enjoy the campaigns, and almost exclusively play them for their campaigns.

The horrible online experience drove me away. No dedicated servers, tiny matches of 12-18 players max, poor netcode in a game where time to kill is less than a second. I got really tired of coming around a corner, seeing a guy, and getting killed even though we started shooting at the same time, then I see on his kill cam that he looked at me, texted his friends, read a book, fired off 3/4ths of his clip, and then killed me as I started shooting according to his screen. It wasn't worth putting up with 8-9 shit rounds to get that one where you're the host and get to run ham on everyone else.

Raizurhk likes this

My friend has Modern Warfare and Black Ops on his PS3. We used to play a fair amount of Black Ops multiplayer split-screen. As a multiplayer experience, it's decent. I think the problem is more on the single-player side of things: incredibly short campaigns, repetitive gameplay and QTEs out the wazoo.

The QTE's are a bit frequent, but I think they did a decent job with them like MGR did. So in the end, it looks like CoD sell's for its multiplayer, and the devs cut away from SP to do more MP. At least, thats my observation

It's just one of those things. I guess I'd call CoD a phase of some sorts in my ever on-going quest to gaming godhood. I mean, I was always a thoroughbred Halo man, but my first Xbox 360 game was Call of Duty 2. I loved and respected CoD all the way until Modern Warfare 2, when the community around it started seeming cancerous and consisted mostly of horny 12-year olds on a sugar rush, addicted to dubstep and gaming montages. I never found the appeal of gaming montages, and I find videos that parody these kind of "360-no-scope montage" videos funny. Anyways, I just thought what CoD did just felt a bit.. Just done. Overdone. It had next to nothing new to offer and I just thought "meh, I'll just keep playing something else."

So, yeah. That's my stance on CoD nowadays. I used to love it like pizza and beer. Then I hated it with a divine passion. Now I just don't care anymore. Now that I mention it, Call of Duty is kind of like an ex-girlfriend that occasionally sends a text that "Look what you're missing" or "I still miss you babe" or stupid crap like that once or twice in a year. Really, she's just putting on new make-up on. She's still ugly on the inside.

My past relationships aside.

I couldn't give two flying mooses about Call of Duty nowadays. The "Press F to pay respects" just sealed the deal. 

I stopped liking it when they began putting too much focus on multiplayer. I felt it just lost progression and the feel of the previous COD's

I should clarify, that I don't HATE COD, but rather, the consumers who buy it yearly and complain about it not changing. I have the same problem with COD that I have with Assassin's Creed. The games would be better if they took the time to A) Develop more gameplay features that enhance the game, and bring a new layer to the formula we all know. B) Not release on a yearly schedule, as this kills all incentive to keep the game balanced and fun for players.

The thing killing COD, is COD. Activision creates its own competition due to how often they release games. And they release them on a yearly basis, because we buy it. If you want COD to evolve, you have to vote with your wallets. Corporations are not stupid, they will change for the consumer. 

I only like the older ones. All the WW2 ones were fun/good in my books. MW2 instantly sunk the MW series for me. Black ops I found tolerable and enjoyed the pushes they made with blops 2. Ghosts I only guilted myself into getting because BF4 was bad.. And then ghosts was bad.. Advanced Warfare I finally broke the chain and dodged it. Didn't look good to me and I pretty much called what the multiplayer was going to be and how the story would play out because they don't change their damn formula.

Single Player side I hate they went the way of being the Michael Bay of games. Lots of linear action with very little or even good plot or sense (recent example is AW as an instance where your arm is broken so you have to keep finding guns instead of idk reloading one handed!). Most objects given are gimmicks or one time uses. Blops 2 finally let us use our own loadouts in story mode and then ghosts and more importantly AW skipped out on it... Why? Do they like not talk to each other about ideas? Ever?

COOP I liked the spec op missions but wanted more then 2 players for them which they never did and are now done with. The story sure could use a coop mode because we haven't seen that since WAW. Zombies needed a refresh and an end point instead of endless waves. Both missed in blops 2 especially since Tranzit could have been so much more.

Multiplayer.. Honestly the community drags it down more than ever. Combined with the rewarding for cheap tactics; quick sniping, camping, etc. Which are now viewed as skill and how running and gunning is viewed as bad and is almost non existent. Ghosts was the first COD where we finished multiple games without the score limit being reached. By god that was eye opening.

End rant.

I liked the first COD, then I thought COD2 was alright. Played MW1 and it was great, while MW2 was lame. Never bought any other COD at all. Answer to your question? Because its yearly regurgitated uninspired generic FPS crap despite devs having extensive resources to create the damn games on supposed 2-3 year dev cycles? What the hell are these devs and the higher ups at Activision doing in that time? Just sitting on money while scratching their balls? Probably.....

CoD was at it's best in the WW2 theatre, when it was basically ripping ff of medal of honor:allied assault and spearhead

the original dev team and producers that made the first COD were from the dev team of MOH. they weren't ripping off anything, they made every MOH up until allied assault before leaving to make COD. you can blame EA for that.

COD was born out of devs who left EA's idiotic policy making on the future of Medal of Honor franchise.

I first played COD because i had to... the devs that made Mohaa (Medal of Honor allied assault - the bestest ever WW2 fps game) left the publisher to make COD instead. the talent put into MOH games went over to COD.

being the seasoned veteran 13 yr old kid i was, needing to frag everyone, i played COD after i was done with allied assault. COD 1 and 2, are pretty much the only CODs i ever liked. why? they were simple. point the gun and shoot. or throw a grenade.

gameplay in these days was guesswork, or a test of skill. that's what made it all fun. then they started with the implementation of COD4, with things to make your life easier on the battlefield, like scopes on assault rifles, red dot sights, upgrades and so on, whatever you want to call it... all this "fluff" makes the game easy to play.

and thus, it makes the game not fun, for me at least, because i didn't grow up with games that hold your hand, or give you hints, or do things for you because they think you are too unskilled to do so.

and that's why i now hate COD, and pretty much all new fps games. i simply no longer play them. the only fps i still play, is medal of honor allied assault. all these years later, still better than any COD (other than COD 1 and 2).

I hate most aspects of CoD, but I like some of them. For example the I like the new exo-suit movement and abilities in AW. But the things I hate are definitely more numerous, from killstreaks (god, words cannot describe how much I hate those things) to the QTEs (which are especially bad in AW).