• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

shenmoki

Honest opinions on BF4?

11 posts in this topic

I've seen millions of hyperventilating BF fans clutch at their groins for 4 months awaiting the release of this game. With all this hype, as a fool, I bought into it and pre-ordered the game. I personally was and am extremely disappointed. I played my first match engaged in the match, not seeing many issues. However, as i played on, i saw more and more how ironic this hype was. Halo BF and frankly every other FPS shooter fanbase make fun of CoD for simply polishing and adding some new features to their games each sequential year. And what did BF do? The exact same thing. I'm not saying change the layout, there is a certain way all BF games are laid out (Squads, commanders, preset customizable kits, etc) but all that i can see are some sweeter graphics (what's wrong with BF3 graphics though? and what about all these fanboys going on about "graphics don't matter"?) and some new animations. Just like CoD Ghosts did. And what do the blind fans do on the IGN page? "WUT?! U PUT 8 ON BF4 AND 8.8 ON GHOSTS?! UR GHEY!" It's just ridiculous. And just a quick sidenote, if all these gamers are like, "Graphics aren't everything bro", then why are they using graphics as a main con of the newer CoD games? So what do you think? 

Well I am sure you have heard of all the problems the game has been having, but despite those I can say it is one of the best looking games I have ever seen. And its combat is very fluid and nice. Definitely worth a try, and no doubt they will have the bugs smoothed out eventually. Question is how long will it take them?

anime-hoodie-male.jpgCoD is now way different from its predecessors like now has new HUD new kind of guns new maps new gameplay style and ALIENS while BF4 IS a copy of BF3 same HUD new maps new guns Crashes and when you play it on high settings is smoother than low settings 

CoD is now way different from its predecessors like now has new HUD new kind of guns new maps new gameplay style and ALIENS while BF4 IS a copy of BF3 same HUD new maps new guns Crashes and when you play it on high settings is smoother than low settings 

Yeah, sort of a paradox in that sense that higher graphics means higher FPS. And actually yeah i think there are more differences between BLOPS 2 and Ghosts than BF3 and BF4. 

Well I am sure you have heard of all the problems the game has been having, but despite those I can say it is one of the best looking games I have ever seen. And its combat is very fluid and nice. Definitely worth a try, and no doubt they will have the bugs smoothed out eventually. Question is how long will it take them?

I guess only time will tell that. With all this advertising pushed out the ass by EA, this game is clearly their flagship for the time being, so i'd expect the fixes to come soon. 

In my honest opinion... *breaths in slowly*

WARNING - SPOILERS - WARNING - SPOILERS - WARNING - SPOILERS

I feel as if the campaign's story was poor. Essentially you get on a ship, then get off the ship, then your ship is in trouble so you have to get back to your ship then you leave the ship then your ship is in trouble again, then you have to get back to your ship again. Not to mention the fact that it turns out this all could have been avoided if the president just showed his face from the very beginning.

There's like, 7 missions, one of which was shown off in tech demos a lot and then the campaign suddenly just, ends!

The Russian guy in the prison made NO sense! Why was there a Russian guy?! He just dies anyways and then is never mentioned again.. why was his face scarred up!?

There were far too many glitches (Was flung off a ladder across the map to my death, had allies run through walls, enemies run off into the horizon and run across the air, a helicopterless pilot flying around and enemies melting into objects)

The scoring system they did in single player kinda ruined it as they had that constantly popping in your face and despite wanting to ignore it my brain kept saying "You got to get gold! Achievement and a weapon you'll never use!"

The Multiplayer feels more Arena style now then what it did it bad company and battlefield 3 and I sorta feel they need to do what Call of Duty did with their "Newbie" lobbies, cause playing level 1 you don't exactly get the best gear, and so fighting a guy with all these advanced gadgets is reaaallly unfair for people as you don't need skill if you have splash damage!

shenmoki and Johnny Sasaki like this

I have to agree, with all the hype I got from friends, BF4 was definitely a letdown. With all the bugs and issues on PC, I'm just going to have to pass on this one. To be honest though, I think I may have just run out of steam on this franchise just like I did with COD.

Got BF4......Disappointed.

Got CoD.....Disappointed.  

Got the first Mass effect game and it kicks both their asses.

Why can't companies put time and effort into their god damn games instead of that one year release date.

Going back to GTA V and ME. See you when the slims' come out! 

Got BF4......Disappointed.

Got CoD.....Disappointed.  

Got the first Mass effect game and it kicks both their asses.

Why can't companies put time and effort into their god damn games instead of that one year release date.

Going back to GTA V and ME. See you when the slims' come out! 

Well the developers aren't putting in enough effort because they can't. When you hit home with.. well anything, game movie book, people are always going to want more. And publishers (especially EA) know this and know that people will be chomping at the bit to get another part of the game they love. And this, sadly, has become the trend nowadays. On a side note i thought Mass Effect 2 was the best out of the trilogy. 

Johnny Sasaki likes this

In my honest opinion... *breaths in slowly*

WARNING - SPOILERS - WARNING - SPOILERS - WARNING - SPOILERS

I feel as if the campaign's story was poor. Essentially you get on a ship, then get off the ship, then your ship is in trouble so you have to get back to your ship then you leave the ship then your ship is in trouble again, then you have to get back to your ship again. Not to mention the fact that it turns out this all could have been avoided if the president just showed his face from the very beginning.

There's like, 7 missions, one of which was shown off in tech demos a lot and then the campaign suddenly just, ends!

The Russian guy in the prison made NO sense! Why was there a Russian guy?! He just dies anyways and then is never mentioned again.. why was his face scarred up!?

There were far too many glitches (Was flung off a ladder across the map to my death, had allies run through walls, enemies run off into the horizon and run across the air, a helicopterless pilot flying around and enemies melting into objects)

The scoring system they did in single player kinda ruined it as they had that constantly popping in your face and despite wanting to ignore it my brain kept saying "You got to get gold! Achievement and a weapon you'll never use!"

The Multiplayer feels more Arena style now then what it did it bad company and battlefield 3 and I sorta feel they need to do what Call of Duty did with their "Newbie" lobbies, cause playing level 1 you don't exactly get the best gear, and so fighting a guy with all these advanced gadgets is reaaallly unfair for people as you don't need skill if you have splash damage!

The russian guy was a character from Battlefield 3, very disappointed with his pointless death...

Johnny Sasaki likes this

Oh Dima, why did you change. Ghosts is good for local play and nothing more as online seems the same. I just wish Dark Souls II and South Park: Stick of Truth would be out sooner, all I have left in my backlog is Batman: AO, GTAV, and Sleeping Dogs.