• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilbot

Would you count the Wii U as a next gen console?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is the wii u a next gen console

• Yup.
    • No.
    • Eecchhhh I don't have an opinion.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

Not asking for techinacallities, asking for opinions.

I'm going yes because the web browser and the fact that all the triple A games are being ported to it too.

What do you think?

Of course. Nintendo is well deserved. They sold more Wii consoles then either Xbox or PS. People LOVE Nintendo exclusives, so not calling the Wii-U a next gen console would probably anger a great many of individuals.

In all honesty, for Nintendo they took a HUGE leap forward with the WiiU so definately for Nintendo standards yes it's "next gen" but for Playstation & Xbox certainly not,

Look at the difference between the Wii & the WiiU and you can tell of huge improvements.

I think it is because just look how original and better it is compared to the nintendo wii. But if you take xbox one and ps4 the only next gen on them is the graphics.

Improvements? They abandoned the motion control that was the only thing that Wii did right, and now we Got the Wii U wich got back to the old piss'ing contest about the graphics.

Improvements? They abandoned the motion control that was the only thing that Wii did right, and now we Got the Wii U wich got back to the old piss'ing contest about the graphics.

Motion control is still there, they just focused more on the touchscreen and besides, the motion control was deathly inpresice. Also, we're not talking about grephicks here so... yeah...

I do have to say that it really isn't next-gen, but I still am going to get it before I get a PS4 or a XBone.

Yes it is. It actually progresses.

While PS4/Xbox ONE are only hardware upgrades, Wii U offers new features that actually work very well. 

In Fact, I would not count PS4/XOne as next-gen at all.

I would count Wii U as next-gen. Not really as a matter of opinion, but as a matter of fact. It came out before the PS4 and Xbone were even revealed, and it improves a lot things from their previous gen console. Not to mention the fact that modern releases are getting ported to the Wii U.

And also Bayonetta 2.

Rilbot likes this

It's a next gen console as in, Wii U, Xbox One and PS4. But I don't really see it competing with the Xbox One and PS4. I mean even though there are some classic games on Nintendo and characters which I grew up with, I don't think it will last long with the graphics of the console and such. I saw a comparison between the PS3 and Wii U and there was a slight difference but the PS3 certainly was better, let's not imagen how the PS4 looks like. But then again, gaming isn't all about graphics, games need to be fun. If they keep on releasing titles such as Zelda, Mario, Sonic etc, they're still quite in the game. We'll see how Nintendo solves this though

It's definitely Next-Gen. It just came out before both PS4 and XBone. 

:D

It also has Monster Hunter, Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros. Which is something neither PS4 or XBone have. :P

Wii U is a great console with hidden potential, unfortunately game library is poor and until Big N put more game on it (adult games), it'll be not noticed as a fully operational gaming platform for hardcore gamers

The Wii U and Xbox One are the next-gen consoles. PS4 in my opinion is just a cheap, sweet hardware upgrade

likes this

Wii U is more next gen than Playstation 4.

Nintendo and Microsoft tried to innovate with their next systems, and they did. While Sony delivered last gen with more emphasis on "sharing". 

The Wii U and Xbox One are the next-gen consoles. PS4 in my opinion is just a cheap, sweet hardware upgrade

I like your thinking.

Of course it's next gen. It's really smooth with much better online features. Plus it runs games at 1080p.. Which the Xboner doesn't even do.

Of course it's a next gen console. Not many games are being created for it because developers say it's difficult to create games for. I'm probably gonna getit for Super smash bros. But, other than that the PS4 will be main next gen console.