• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Free Game Year (2015)

Free Game Year 2015   54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Good
    • Bad
    • But....Why?
    • Shut Up and Give Me Game

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

260 posts in this topic

I'm feeling a bit crazy this year so starting about in random months or rather beginning in some point in February I'm going to post some phrase or random word and whoever responds first after I post it, you give me your steam address and I'm going to purchase you a random game off of your  wishlist. Might be the pricey one (which sometimes may include multiple games), might be cheap. I'll be flipping a coin on it.

And of course for the sake of being sure when people know when I'm just talking in response to someone or posting for that lucky first poster. I'm going to place First: ahead of the random word or phrase so whoever first comment after that gets a slice of game.

Cheap: $25 and below ( Either one lesser game off the list or multiples equaling up to $25 )

Pricey: $26 and up ( Either one major game off the list or multiple lower priced games equaling the high amount)

Also just to note so this wont be an issue later. If a post to a conversation happens to pop up. Someone responding to a previous post before my First: Then that's naturally not going to count. First post towards me in "quote" response to my post for the opportunity to get a free game once I give the word or phrase.

>:3 And its random so whatever game you get spends on the flip of the coin and my directional choice.

Yes, I know I keep adding but thankfully at least its not another rule point. Lol. I'm going to attempt to do one every month randomly, more so if I have a good streak. Not knowing when  I'm going to post it makes it more enjoyable, especially for me. If it works out this year, I'll keep it going into 2016. Who knows, maybe more people will join in the fun and buy for others.

As an additional I will want to know whether or not you mind if the game is possibly one you have on your list that hasn't been released yet. So if you happen to win, let me know if you would only prefer something you could play immediately and I will ignore the pre-purchase games on your wishlist.

Also, (glad I caught this early) just so other individuals can have a better chance considering for the time being I'm only doing a single winner a month. If you have already won for the year of 2015 it wont count if you try and participate again. My goal for Free Game Year in the end is to have this as something I do every year and to get to a point where I can have at least 4 possible winners in a single month, about 1 winner for each week.

2015 Winners

January - LEGOLAS_KATARN 

Coin Toss: High / $26+

Games Won:

Homeworld Remastered Collection

Life is Strange Episodes (1-5)  

Tengami

February - 2AND900

Coin Toss: Low / $25 Max

Games Won: 

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

March - Ghaleon

Games Won:

Scoregasm

Mighty Dungeons

Starbound

April - Beastmaster A.C.

Games Won:

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

May - Kaz32

Games Won: 

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ( Found out he already had this on Gog and he traded it to me since it was on my list )

Axiom Verge

NOT A HERO

June - Chumbry42

Games Won:

Darkest Dungeon

July - Xevious21

Games Won:

Ark: Survival Evolved

August -  MadDemon64

Games won: 

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

September -  FaizKhan007

Games Won: 

PAYDAY: The Heist Soundtrack

This War of Mine

Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition

PAYDAY 2: Gage Chivalry Pack

PAYDAY 2: Yakuza Character Pack

October - ichig1vsnarut0

Games Won: 

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Demonbane775 ( Accidental winner )

Games Won:

Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER

Resident Evil Revelations 2

November - Mr_E_Meatshield

Games Won:

Grandia II

Miko Gakkou: Second Year

December - Seyren

Coin Toss: High / $25 Max

Games Won: 

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Final Fantasy XIII

Future Game Year Plans: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/28402-future-game-year-plans/

Move on to the link above if you have any ideas that you think could make this any better.

Free Game Year 2015 End Year Prizes worth $500: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/31899-free-game-year-2015-end-year-challenge-500-worth-of-games-gpu-or-console/

Drop by the link above if you want to participate. Up to 12 non-winners for 2015 can be included. Those who have won within each month for this year are automatically included. Details in thread.

Very generous of you. Very nice gesture.

Thank you. I enjoy giving.

Very nice of you. I used to do that a few years ago, it would be nice to be able to start again.

Removed your extra post.

Jinzuro likes this

Very nice of you. I used to do that a few years ago, it would be nice to be able to start again.

Removed your extra post.

Yeah I though I'd try something extra this year. At times I just have extra money on hand so it doesn't hurt to give.

Much obliged. I do hate when I do that by accident.

If we do do respond first, are we suppose to say anything in particular about the random word/phrase or just anything?

If we do do respond first, are we suppose to say anything in particular about the random word/phrase or just anything?

Not at all. Just respond in general. Doesn't have to be meaningful.

I'm feeling a bit crazy this year so starting about in random months or rather beginning in some point in February I'm going to post some phrase or random word and whoever responds first after I post it, you give me your steam address and I'm going to purchase you a random game off of your  wishlist. Might be the pricey one (which sometimes may include multiple games), might be cheap. I'll be flipping a coin on it.

And of course for the sake of being sure when people know when I'm just talking in response to someone or posting for that lucky first poster. I'm going to place First: ahead of the random word or phrase so whoever first comment after that gets a slice of game.

Cheap: $25 and below

Pricey: $26 and up ( Either one major game off the list or multiple lower priced games equaling the high amount)

Wow, that does sound like a plan. Well, Im up for it! 

Jinzuro likes this

Cool idea, but, being the pessimist I am, I think it might end up in a huge clusterfuck of sorts. And bickering is also not out of question. After all, people are greedy by nature.

Cool idea, but, being the pessimist I am, I think it might end up in a huge clusterfuck of sorts. And bickering is also not out of question. After all, people are greedy by nature.

Not sure what you mean. Its pretty simple and no one can get over another individual considering the post after mine would automatically win. Who argues over free? Especially getting something on their own wishlist so its not like it wouldn't be something they didn't want. It'll be fine. If there is trouble it will be from trolls.

Menofwarfan. likes this

Not sure what you mean. Its pretty simple and no one can get over another individual considering the post after mine would automatically win. Who argues over free? Especially getting something on their own wishlist so its not like it wouldn't be something they didn't want. It'll be fine. If there is trouble it will be from trolls.

Well im sure we'll be fine! After all we're in the AJSA! 

Well im sure we'll be fine! After all we're in the AJSA! 

I don't doubt that. I went for simple and sure to be certain.

I don't doubt that. I went for simple and sure to be certain.

Yeah, you can never know, I admit it. But...Game Dev is Game developer? You're some kind of Game developer? 

Yeah, you can never know, I admit it. But...Game Dev is Game developer? You're some kind of Game developer? 

Yes, but I still have a ways to go. Main issue being time and I couldn't fully commit to one that was started before. At the moment I had to go about setting my own pace and I've chosen to work with learning Unity3D. Once I feel confident in my knowledge of it I'm going to work on something. But there are plenty ahead of me in skill on the dev forum. I'm hoping to show something at least by the end of this year. Even if its just madness in a single room.

Yes, but I still have a ways to go. Main issue being time and I couldn't fully commit to one that was started before. At the moment I had to go about setting my own pace and I've chosen to work with learning Unity3D. Once I feel confident in my knowledge of it I'm going to work on something. But there are plenty ahead of me in skill on the dev forum. I'm hoping to show something at least by the end of this year. Even if its just madness in a single room.

Aaaaha. Well, good luck with your venture! Some indie games are trash, but some can reach epic proportions! 

Aaaaha. Well, good luck with your venture! Some indie games are trash, but some can reach epic proportions! 

Thank you. One reason I'm not going to rush it. It wont do any good to try and move too quickly and I want to focus on one that I want to master.

Thank you. One reason I'm not going to rush it. It wont do any good to try and move too quickly and I want to focus on one that I want to master.

Yeah, I think thats for the best. Better to make sure no more "masterpieces" of the indie steam group appear. *Cough* The slaughtering grounds *cough* 

Yeah, I think thats for the best. Better to make sure no more "masterpieces" of the indie steam group appear. *Cough* The slaughtering grounds *cough* 

I don't even know how that abomination made it. 

I don't even know how that abomination made it. 

Well you didnt get to meet the new "masterpiece"....SPARTANS VS ZOMBIES!!! 

Jinzuro likes this

A reminder for those who are going to participate. Be sure to pay attention first week of February for the signal. If it goes well this year, I'll roll this into the next one and more then likely I'll think of a more challenging set up for the wins. One's you'll have to properly answer trivia wise. We'll see.

Legolas_Katarn and nickyzhere like this

Or you could donate the money to starving children...

This is pretty awesome! Thanks Jinzuro!

Anytime. Its fun in sharing.

Or you could donate the money to starving children...

I actually donate plenty to funds that I see. Did one just recently when I went through my usual store a few days ago. Even though they gave me one of those re-useable  shopping bags I'll never use.