• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digitalblade

Remove voice activation from TS Server

13 posts in this topic

I know it's possible. So why don't you remove voice activation from the TS Server. It's in the Rules we all have to use Push to talk. So why not force everyone to do it instead of letting them choose. I say this because there is always some one with voice activation on. So if you want the people to stop using that nonsense why don't you set the server so no one can use it.

I didn't even know that was something you could set in teamspeak. In that case, I agree command should force everyone to use push to talk. 

We are double checking but no one that isn't either a Game Officer on up or a channel admin should be able to use voice activation. Your best bet is to report them when it is happening so we can look into it.

We are double checking but no one that isn't either a Game Officer on up or a channel admin should be able to use voice activation. Your best bet is to report them when it is happening so we can look into it.

Yeah, it's probably someone above the member rank.

I tested voice activation earlier, and it blocked it.

Yeah, we allow exceptions b/c some people can't do PTT. I always run PTT.

Yeah, we allow exceptions b/c some people can't do PTT. I always run PTT.

Same here.

I never really have a reason to turn it off.

It'd be really embarrassing to be essentially mic spamming an entire channel while I'm afk.

I only you use PTT when I am at home, when I get bother every 5 sec or when I am streaming. Its just  annoying  every time to push the button.  But if I get told then I will use PTT. But i am pretty good on teamspeak I use it on daily basis. 

Well I am able to use it and I am not officer or admin of a TS channel. I like to report my self then :) I am pretty sure it's not off for all of us. 

I don't like PTT because I'm so used to Skype with my friends I usually just mute my mic if I go AFK real quickly.

Would rather it an option than required.

I know I've not been on the TS in forever but I was actually trying to figure out if being in a low population room (or made one) for my 2 non-AJSA buddies since Skype tends to fuck around with voice chat with one of them (Cablevision mucks with VOIP I believe).

I don't like PTT because I'm so used to Skype with my friends I usually just mute my mic if I go AFK real quickly.

Would rather it an option than required.

I know I've not been on the TS in forever but I was actually trying to figure out if being in a low population room (or made one) for my 2 non-AJSA buddies since Skype tends to fuck around with voice chat with one of them (Cablevision mucks with VOIP I believe).

I'm the opposite. Whenever I'm with friends on skype I always end up pressing my push to talk, even though it's broadcasting continually.

..wait, I don't understand. Why should voice activation be banned?

I know why people can't adapt to PTT. I use skype as well. I use my phone too and it would be inconvenient to push a button every time to respond. But this is a game oriented team speak. Not a social chat right?

The reason why gaming communities bann their PTT option is to just stop everyone from spamming with their back voice, back eating, back nonsense talk. It helps gamers concentrate on the game and have a better gaming experience.

If you are unable to push a button on your keyboard so you can speak, you probably should not be playing video games :)

The main reason why people use Voice activation is so that they could do other thing. "Other THINGS" while they are suppose to be playing a game. Like eating, making weird noses, spamming with their life story.

The only exception I see is if you would be playing a console and you have a PC next to you and you cannot push a button while holding the controller. But then you will probably use the voice com of that console and not the TS.

Again it's in the RULES, change them or remove PTT form them. Either way that rule so far as you see is being ignored.

I know why people can't adapt to PTT. I use skype as well. I use my phone too and it would be inconvenient to push a button every time to respond. But this is a game oriented team speak. Not a social chat right?

The reason why gaming communities bann their PTT option is to just stop everyone from spamming with their back voice, back eating, back nonsense talk. It helps gamers concentrate on the game and have a better gaming experience.

If you are unable to push a button on your keyboard so you can speak, you probably should not be playing video games :)

The main reason why people use Voice activation is so that they could do other thing. "Other THINGS" while they are suppose to be playing a game. Like eating, making weird noses, spamming with their life story.

The only exception I see is if you would be playing a console and you have a PC next to you and you cannot push a button while holding the controller. But then you will probably use the voice com of that console and not the TS.

Again it's in the RULES, change them or remove PTT form them. Either way that rule so far as you see is being ignored.

It's annoying as hell when there's nobody with admin power in a channel, and someone is hotmicing while they're afk.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0