• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheSkrullReviewer

Will Heroes of The Storm be as Succesful as LoL or Dota 2 ?

30 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone Jens Here

What does everyone think of HOTS and will it surpass LoL or Dota 2? Personally i think the gameplay is fantastic. It's pretty balanced, great variaty and quick matches with coordinated teamplay. Their prices in Real currency are pretty ridicilous but that's the only complaint I have. What is everyone their toughts on this new moba what do you like/hate about it. 

Sincerely, Jens

I think it's a bit late to the MOBA scene, and won't make it. But, as ironic as that sounds (considering Blizzard indirectly made MOBA), I have hopes it'll give DOTA2 and LOL a run for their money, and force them to change for the better to keep up with the competition.

On that note, I hope EA's Dawngate will do well as well.

Dyzzles and TheSkrullReviewer like this

i Agree, right now i see a lot of changes in LOL that are taken from HOTS

Personally I think Hots will be successful, because it is sooo different from Dota2 and LoL, just like Smite. Even though i hear many ppl say that Smite= 3rd person LoL, but for me it is far more enjoyable than LoL(i get irritated when i play it :D ). Hots is way more "quest" oriented, or rather objective oriented than dota or lol, so it represents a more team-based gameplay...At least that's what I think :D

Anttix likes this

I Agree with you MorphyThe. A lot of people now are learning to go for the objectives instead of laning and then you have people who don't know when to lane and then they bitch at you for not going for the objectives. Still unexperienced people, but they're getting there!

That is why I don't like to play alone Dota-style games (hate the term MOBA :D), at least with one friend, but I see, that for Hots you would need a full team to enjoy the matches, otherwise it's just commandering sheep :D But i have a dream!...that one day I can enjoy a match with 4 unknown people :D

Let's hope that becomes a reality :D

I think all MOBA games are great and enjoyable in their way.

Will HOTS be more popular than LoL or DOTA 2? I doubt it but I still think it will be a very good MOBA game. I will play it myself. 

No but it's a Blizzard game. So everyone that plays Diablo SC WoW and the Card game will play that as well. The game is a lot about Teamfights. But there are no Items and there are always the same skills on the heroes. The only thing you change on your hero are the Buffs to your Skills. Having that in mind you have to understand that there is little you can change after you pick your heroes. Basically it's even more Draft dependent and there is less to do wrong with your Character. Blizzard sure knows ways to make a game playable for everyone, without them to have to actually learn something. I would say this game is very noob friendly. All you need to know about it, is how Jungle works. That it's all for pushing the lane. It's nothing like LoL or Dota. 

I think the only reason this game will succeed is that it is a Blizzard game and they also dumbed down MOBA as hard as they could. So I hope it takes all the noobs from LoL and Dota in to a place they can have fun.

Also their great idea to make Ammo for the towers is bizarre. I see so many times that towers are on 0 ammo and lanes are taken for free. I don't know who made that idea happen.

You know what scratch that. This game is actually not about teamfights. It's just tower pushing. As a matter of fact I think it's more of a Tower defense game then a MOBA game.

7thFrost likes this

I think it's a bit late to the MOBA scene, and won't make it. But, as ironic as that sounds (considering Blizzard indirectly made MOBA), I have hopes it'll give DOTA2 and LOL a run for their money, and force them to change for the better to keep up with the competition.

On that note, I hope EA's Dawngate will do well as well.

https://www.dawngate.com/news/detail/an-important-announcement-about-the_32964

Yeah...about that..

EDIT: On another note, I just won a beta key today, oh my RNG has yet to fail me!

have to disagree there digital, there are still noobs and the teamcoordination makes it in my opinion way more teambased then say LoL. You can't 1v5 in hots and in league you actually can. I love both LoL and HOTS but i think they both have their ups and downs. The ammo on the turrets is actually something i really like. It makes the games quicker and it rewards players who stay in ther lane to push. The game is about finding the right balance to leave your lane or when to push. The thing you said about just being a tower defence game is really innacurate, you haven't played the game for that long then or haven't been against a really good team then.

It's a Blizzard game, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.

As to whether or not it will give other MOBAs a run for their money (even though they're free OpieOP.png), remains to be seen.

I personally can't wait for the game. I'm even thinking of buying the Founder's Pack just to get into the beta -.-

Mellow likes this

IMO no.

It's too late and it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

it actually brings a lot of new stuff to the table.

I feel that HOTS will be successful because its a blizzard game and blizzard has a great reputation to make good games. I think though that if it is geared towards the esports community at first they are making a mistake. Games like Infinite Crisis have tried this and failed if their is going to be competitive scene it needs to be coming from the players at first.

it actually brings a lot of new stuff to the table.

I tried it and not really.

It doesn't seem as competitive as dota.

It looks more casual than LoL though.

People might give it a try because it has Blizzard on it...

It does have some unique heroes I give you that (Abathur and Lost Vikings)

I think it's going to be popular in it's own way. Just because a game is casual doesn't mean it's bad or won't be popular and as for the competitive scene, that is if the game gets popular will grow. How much? We'll see.

I think that people are afraid that hots will steal lots of players from lol/dota/any other moba which they/you currently play. I like hots because you can literally gank players from first min. Objectives in hots have only one point. To make people PvP instead of PvEing half of their match. And honestly, in that 20-25min avg match, you will pvp more than in dota/smite 50min match (I cant say about lol since I deleted it long time ago, when it was pure "dota copy"). I would not even play dota recently if some of my friends didnt started to play it.

Is it simplier than other mobas? Kinda it is. Does that makes it noob-friendly? No. Why not?

In other mobas u have items to choose, but again, you can just take recommended and u will do fine, even win the game alone when you play with hero for a first time! Its not rockit science what you need for hero, and guess what? You will always build hero in same way, having 100 items to choose from is actually max 10 for your "hero and gameplay". Same thing goes with talents in hots, so on that level in my perspective, they are same. Only difference is that if you are complete "noob", thing that you will take in hots will still work for your hero, in other mobas wont, but hey, you still have that recommended items so... Its even pointless for me to talk about items vs talents thing, because you still have that "recommended items" There, 3rd time... I had to.

Dota is like watchingmovie trailer, and when you watch movie, you realize that trailer was 50% action of whole movie...

I think that people will play what suits them most, I will personally choose hots, because It have more action than other mobas that I played and PvE is almost non-existant. So hots will be there, try it, then choose what will u play... It simple as that.

I didn't think it would since I thought it was too casual and some of it is pretty silly like the mounts which makes it seem more cartoonish than LoL. After playing it however I have been hooked on it and I come from a heavy Dota background. I would rate it second best in its genre next to Dota as of right now and can definitely see it going far. Still early to determine whether it can build an eSports scene to match the others but I think it will have one and it will have a decent sized player base. The best part about the game in my opinion is that the map changes every match along with the objectives and you have much shorter games.

Overall it will be as successful as Dota and LoL basically just probably not overshadow either of them right away or at all unless huge portions from both of those communities make the switch to Heroes.

I've played Dota, Dota 2 and LoL. It's faster paced than Dota and League, by far. Traits are just like items, while LoL and Dota have far more heroes, which I'm sure will change, I've found the Heroes in HOTS to be a lot more unique. In League and Dota, I always played someone tanky or a high DPS assassin. In HOTS, I've played supports and healers and actually enjoyed and gotten decent at. One of my favorite heroes, Abathur, turns the game from a MOBA into a MOBA/RTS/Commander mix. It's pretty cool. The Lost Vikings do the same thing, but in a different way. The Objectives are also a lot of fun. HOTS is definitely a lot more team based. Theres really no 1 man teams that just destroy, due to the fact that they've been incredibly fed. It's a team game and if you try to solo, you will e destroyed. Granted there are some powerful heroes.

Will Heroes be as big as Dota 2 and League of Legends? Yes. Will it completely overshadow them? No. Out of those 3 MOBA's, I think it will be the smallest. But I'm sure it'll be bigger than Smite and all the other MOBA's. 1. It'll convert players from other MOBA's completely, this will be a small percentage. 2. Blizz fans will play it, both new to MOBA's and MOBA vets. 3. It's a new game, so it'll bring in people who see it in ads, forum posts, videos, etc (small percentage). 4. It'll be the casual go-to for MOBA fans who don't want a 50 minute game.

Apex Spartan likes this

I can definitely see Blizzard pushing HOTS to the competitive scene but I don't think the hype they generate will carry to Dota2, League level. 

I played LoL regularly and I played almost all the other moba available like Bloodline Champions, DoTA, DoTA 2, Dragon and Titans, Smite, Land of Chaos (R.I.P), Prime World, Dawngate (R.I.P), Solstice Arena, and some others MOBA that I could get my hands on (yeah I'm a freak like that lolol).  And from what I learn based on my personal experiences I believe HOTS will have their own spot.

Generally all of them give and or add "new things" to the gameplay all in all so that they can be the one leading in the market and or be on the top 3 or 5 list. Same thing goes with this one which is HOTS where map awareness and constant team fight is required to win the game. All of the map that is currently available have something similar which is to collect or hold certain things and in return it will give us certain advantages which is cool and it is really different from the others.

I say really different because the others, only give something similar like in LoL, DoTA, DoTA 2, Dawngate, etc. While Prime World, Smite, Solstice Arena are also giving something different, they lack the player base (aside from Smite I think) and this is where things can come from little differences to huge differences. Most of the other moba out there are actually pretty good and decent even IF ONLY their player base is big. Because at the end of the day, no matter how different, how cool, how sophisticated, how awesome the game is, it all comes down to the player base. We don't want to wait for 15-30 minutes in a queue just to get in a game that we're gonna finish in 20-30 minutes (10 if some how our team is OP and the opponents are just...... well ya know what I mean lolol )

Comes down to the question will HOTS be as successful as LoL or DoTA then I would say YES because it is under Blizzard and I can only hope or rather believe that they will do their homework and market, promote, host events just so that people would see HOTS, know HOTS and play HOTS where at the end, it will raise its player base, then I believe it will most certainly go to the competitive match. HOORAAH!!!

hello everyone seems i just stumbled onto this place by acadent :lol:  but anyways i have been in closed beta for the past..idk..4 months 5? somthin like that and everyone might now that the game is being releashed in 2 months

IT IS NOT READY!!

there are more WOW heroes then SC and dibalo we are getting like 1 hero a month we are missing a SC Tank and a Dibalo support MM needs fixing...(im level 40 and i get paired with level 10's and 5's...what?!) and a hole mess of bugs if they do not fix any of this problems befor the game is realsed...it may do bad but if they do FIX THE ERROR AND ADD HEROES EVERYONE WANTS (less wow and more SC dibalo even OUT the heroes) then it will do well (if they do this then i think it may suprass lol and dota's intime cause blizz said they don't want to do that and everytime something like that happens it gets more players some how)

BTW never juge an Abathur player befor trying his play style ;)