• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jitterdoomer

GTA V PC Pre-Orders

20 posts in this topic

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

Right now, GTA V for PC now offers pre-orders that you get $1,000,000 for single player and a $300,000 cash for GTA Online plus a free digital copy of GTA San Andreas. What do you think of this offer that Rockstar updated the game's store page.

One word. Desperation.

Dev's and publishers will do just about anything these days to get people to pre order. Pre orders were handy back in the day if you lived in a rural area and it was a way to guarantee one wouldn't have to wait weeks to get a copy of a new game. That just doesn't apply any more, especially for digital games. These days, publishers do it to sell you fresh air and entice you to by games pre review and before gaming communities in general learned what the game was really like.

I wasn't planning on buying GTA5 on 8th gen or PC anyway, but people shouldn't let themselves be tempted by this, especially considering how badly the game launched on the previous gen' consoles.

i think it's just a normal pre order. i've played GTA5 and i can tell you even $1mil for online mode all by itself is still peanuts. what they're offering is even less, it will get blown on guns, ammo, and clothes before you know it.

there's missions like rooftop rumble that earn you $18K everytime you complete it and it takes about 4 or 5 mins to do it, so you can easily earn 100k of that 300K they are offering in around an hour.

they're also probably doing it because they want any new players to be on some kind of playing level against old players from the consoles. lets not forget you can port over your social club profile, i.e. characters and progression of GTA Online from any 7th gen console to any 8th gen console that has GTA 5 or the PC.

quite a few PC players wont be new, quite a few already have rank 100 or over characters for the online mode of this game, this puts new PC players at a huge disadvantage in the online mode.

i think it's completely fair what they're offering, and very generous of them. this is the 2nd highest selling game of all time, in all human history. they could have offered nothing, and people would still pre order it. definitely not desperation.

lets also not forget the fuck ups they had with their service when the game first released for so long, that they gave everyone at the time enough cash for 1 house. how fair would it be for brand new PC gamers to start with zero $ on the online mode when everyone else was given something?

i think it's just a normal pre order. i've played GTA5 and i can tell you even $1mil for online mode all by itself is still peanuts. what they're offering is even less, it will get blown on guns, ammo, and clothes before you know it.

there's missions like rooftop rumble that earn you $18K everytime you complete it and it takes about 4 or 5 mins to do it, so you can easily earn 100k of that 300K they are offering in around an hour.

they're also probably doing it because they want any new players to be on some kind of playing level against old players from the consoles. lets not forget you can port over your social club profile, i.e. characters and progression of GTA Online from any 7th gen console to any 8th gen console that has GTA 5 or the PC.

quite a few PC players wont be new, quite a few already have rank 100 or over characters for the online mode of this game, this puts new PC players at a huge disadvantage in the online mode.

i think it's completely fair what they're offering, and very generous of them. this is the 2nd highest selling game of all time, in all human history. they could have offered nothing, and people would still pre order it. definitely not desperation.

lets also not forget the fuck ups they had with their service when the game first released for so long, that they gave everyone at the time enough cash for 1 house. how fair would it be for brand new PC gamers to start with zero $ on the online mode when everyone else was given something?

if this is to help even the playing field for new players then why is this monetary bonus only being offered to players who pre-order?

Wasn't planning on pre-ordering it to begin with despite the fact I've been wanting gta5 on pc since forever.

That said these pre-order bonuses sound stupid to me. I haven't played a single second of gta 5 yet, but offering X number of credits in-game is lol to me...Not because the # is too small but because...To me, I actually *ENJOY* these long games from the very beginning. Being forced to fend off gangsters as some mook with nothing but a 9mm handgun driving whatever I can jack from some random shmoe sounds like fun! Finding a 12 gauge or a mac-10 or an uzi or an ak-47 afterwards sounds like a fun, meaningful upgrade, that will make me APPRECIATE my character's growth... Yes, I actually LIKE progression... and starting the game with enough cash to buy a heartbeat sensor infared FMJ fully automatic assaultrifle with incendiary ammo wearing futuristic kevlar...nah...

As for san-andreas, I liked vice city more. Maybe because I played it on the pc and vice city works great on pc, but I never ever, STILL to this date got san Andreas to work well on my pc....which is strange because I'm aware everyone says it's the best GTA ever...FFS, I can't even get the camera to turn when I play the effing game. I DID get gta4 to work on my pc since day 1 though, despite hearing horror stories about how awful a port it is...what?

Maybe I should hope gta 5 pc sucks hard, because then maybe it'll be ownage for me personally =P

if this is to help even the playing field for new players then why is this monetary bonus only being offered to players who pre-order?

it's an incentive to pre ordering. despite it being a hugely successful game, people tend to not pre order something in exchange for nothing. people usually want something extra for paying upfront for their game. that's just the way it works.

if people don't pre order and get these bonuses, they will earn those bonuses in a few of hours of play. or they have the option to pay for an in game money pack if they desperately needed a lot of money to do something specific like buy a car. they don't need to, but they can if they want to.

the bonuses provided only add a small boost. you can't use the online portion of the money for a house straight away. at most you can buy a car and get it insured, but you still have no safe house to escape from being slaughtered by everyone, and no garage for your car.

it's hardly anything to point the finger at rockstar and insinuate they're a bad publisher for offering something small to the fans who pre order their game.

apex spartan said somewhere on these forums that it was not the act of pre ordering that is the problem, but the specific games we pre order. we know GTA5 is fantastic, we just know it, plenty of us have played the hell out of it already - we are therefore confident in the PC release. i think pre ordering THIS game is fine, and i think the pre order bonuses are justified.

no portions of the game or it's modes are removed, only made available for pre orders. no missions are missing, nothing, it's the FULL game, with a tiny bit of cash as a thank you for pre ordering. i can't see what's so bad about that.

As far as giving the players in-game money goes, it was also a Pre-Order incentive for the PS4 and X1 version of the game.

What didn't come with the current generation Pre-Order is the free game you get to choose if you do Pre-Order the game.

Fluttershy likes this

And if you all pre-order now, you can later complain about the game and/ or port not being what you expected or in other words - just the usual.

I like how there's an anti-pre-order thread just below this. The irony and hypocrisy is strong within this community.

Fluttershy and Mexiguy like this

it's an incentive to pre ordering. despite it being a hugely successful game, people tend to not pre order something in exchange for nothing. people usually want something extra for paying upfront for their game. that's just the way it works.

if people don't pre order and get these bonuses, they will earn those bonuses in a few of hours of play. or they have the option to pay for an in game money pack if they desperately needed a lot of money to do something specific like buy a car. they don't need to, but they can if they want to.

the bonuses provided only add a small boost. you can't use the online portion of the money for a house straight away. at most you can buy a car and get it insured, but you still have no safe house to escape from being slaughtered by everyone, and no garage for your car.

it's hardly anything to point the finger at rockstar and insinuate they're a bad publisher for offering something small to the fans who pre order their game.

apex spartan said somewhere on these forums that it was not the act of pre ordering that is the problem, but the specific games we pre order. we know GTA5 is fantastic, we just know it, plenty of us have played the hell out of it already - we are therefore confident in the PC release. i think pre ordering THIS game is fine, and i think the pre order bonuses are justified.

no portions of the game or it's modes are removed, only made available for pre orders. no missions are missing, nothing, it's the FULL game, with a tiny bit of cash as a thank you for pre ordering. i can't see what's so bad about that.

I see your (And I suppose, Apex's) point on this being a tried and tested game, so the pre-order is less of a risk and how earning the same amount of money doesn't take long, but then where is the benefit to pre-ordering? Why take the chance at a bad port or dodgy launch? This is an incentive, but's it's one worth taking if what you say is true. Besides, whether this is or not this incentive is worth it, that still doesn't explain why it's only offered to players who pre-order in the interest of "fairness". If that was the reason for this bonus, every player who starts afresh should be offered this, not just those who pre-order. It makes no sense otherwise.

This is just another bs tactic to get people to pre buy, and without the heists, I wouldn't even call this game fully complete and tested yet, there is still a chance of the heists not living up or this being a dodgy port. People should wait.

People should wait.

i agree. i am pretty much waiting. i haven't pre ordered yet, but i am planning to maybe pre order it at a Game store so i can get the physical copy i want, but i wont be buying it on the day of release. i'll be waiting for reviews that day to see if the game actually does work, is not a buggy heap of shit, and if i get the reviews i want, i will go there the next day and buy it.

The store normally holds pre ordered copies for up to 5 days before releasing them on to the shelves for anybody to buy, otherwise it is still your copy waiting for you. day 1 is not necessary to secure your pre order, therefore day 1 should not mean you buy it without checking if the game actually works properly first.

plus when pre ordering at a store such as this, the deposit is entirely refundable. when you pre order digitally, the deposit is non refundable.

i agree. i am pretty much waiting. i haven't pre ordered yet, but i am planning to maybe pre order it at a Game store so i can get the physical copy i want, but i wont be buying it on the day of release. i'll be waiting for reviews that day to see if the game actually does work, is not a buggy heap of shit, and if i get the reviews i want, i will go there the next day and buy it.

The store normally holds pre ordered copies for up to 5 days before releasing them on to the shelves for anybody to buy, otherwise it is still your copy waiting for you. day 1 is not necessary to secure your pre order, therefore day 1 should not mean you buy it without checking if the game actually works properly first.

plus when pre ordering at a store such as this, the deposit is entirely refundable. when you pre order digitally, the deposit is non refundable.

A good point, there really is no good reason to pre order a digital game.

Fluttershy likes this

Another reason not to: Rockstar Social Club. Basically just another UPlayesque program in the background besides Steam while playing.

Fluttershy likes this

And if you all pre-order now, you can later complain about the game and/ or port not being what you expected or in other words - just the usual.

I like how there's an anti-pre-order thread just below this. The irony and hypocrisy is strong within this community.

Not a single guy in this thread said they would or would like to pre-order it... wdf are you going on about.

Not a single guy in this thread said they would or would like to pre-order it... wdf are you going on about.

Yet the hint of doing such thing is there.

Giving the player bonuses to make the game more easy is something I can't agree with, you're paying to shorten your game time and challenge that doesn't make sense, if they gave you some new custom skins or something that has no effect on gameplay that'd be fine.

Also pre-ordering digital is insane. Physical makes sense because you can get art books, and music cd's (although those are always on YouTube within a few days anyway). But going Pc and pre-ordering is getting the worst of both Worlds. 

OP won't wait though he probably already bought it, well all I can say is GTA5 was a mediocre GTA game so it's not worth a pre-order.

As far as giving the players in-game money goes, it was also a Pre-Order incentive for the PS4 and X1 version of the game.

What didn't come with the current generation Pre-Order is the free game you get to choose if you do Pre-Order the game.

Paying more for less pretty much sums up the current console generation.

I'd wait for reviews. Who knows if it'll be a good port? I'm not going to take that risk.

Watch all the usual big review companies give 9s and 10s, I bet you that, regardless of technical flaws.

i think people on here who seem to be complaining or against rockstar for even offering anything on their pre order for GTA5 need to really research about GTA5, because you would then understand that what they offer as a bonus in game cash offering for pre ordering the game is pretty much, peanuts.

you need 10s of millions in both GTA single player and GTA online to get everything in the game. whether they gave you these bonuses or not, makes no difference to the gameplay experience. you will get that money or maybe more within the 1st day of your play, it literally makes no difference.

people just seem to think the game is ruined because they're giving you something which prevents you earning it and thus making the gameplay experience shorter. completely untrue. i've played GTA 5 to death already on the PS3, and i know, this is untrue.

2014 proves preordering and hype are bad for videogames.

This might be an exception, since GTA5 is already out for 360/PS3, and the PC port was held back for further optimization, which enraged some but should iron bugs enough to make it a good pick.

But preordering is still rewarding the mentality of hype/preorder that has given us too many broken games.

Mexiguy likes this