• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Eiousx

Suggestions for games for competitions/events?

13 posts in this topic

I was wanting to show some initiative by asking the community on what strategy games they would most like to see supported for tourneys and events. I thought it would be best to focus on a few at first then expand once we have a set way of making events for strategy titles. Please post your ideas below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally would like to look into creating events for civ 5, civ 5 beyond earth, starcraft 2. 

Of course there are far more strategy titles but starting with a few will allow us to build upon that selection once we have a successful way of making events for this particular genre.

Wargame: red dragon is something I want to see becoming a tourney. There's spectator mode, and a great range of strategies that can be used.
Not many people in the AJSA play it though (speaking of which, please buy this game. It's amazing. Take a look at some gameplay videos)

Insurgency would also be a cool addition.
It's one of the most popular games on the teamspeak right now (despite not being an official game), and the small team size means we don't have to recruit loads of people to get a team together, unlike battlefield for example.

Wargame: red dragon is something I want to see becoming a tourney. There's spectator mode, and a great range of strategies that can be used.

Not many people in the AJSA play it though (speaking of which, please buy this game. It's amazing. Take a look at some gameplay videos)

Insurgency would also be a cool addition.

It's one of the most popular games on the teamspeak right now (despite not being an official game), and the small team size means we don't have to recruit loads of people to get a team together, unlike battlefield for example.

Problem with Insurgency is that is an FPS. This is for RTS or 4x strategy games. Insurgency has an official server with the AJSA now so a tourney likely isn't far off.

Insurgency would be a lot of fun. I'm down for Civ 5(Although I hate it) Any paradox game (CK2, EU4, Vicky 2) Or Sins of a solar empire, which is fantastic for multiplayer games. 

Insurgency would be a lot of fun. I'm down for Civ 5(Although I hate it) Any paradox game (CK2, EU4, Vicky 2) Or Sins of a solar empire, which is fantastic for multiplayer games. 

There are many games for strategy games available. I will admit maybe beyond earth isn't the best suggestion. Insurgency IS NOT a strategy game thou. It has it's own place in FPS for events and such. It also has it's on AJSA officially supported server.

Endless Legend, C&C titles... you name it and we can try to formulate ways to plan events for such games but only after a select few are chosen so we can plan events. We can't plan events for too many titles at a time. Once we have a set way of creating events for strategy games then as it becomes more popular we can add more titles for competitions.

~Eiousx

well i was thinking about age of mythology, age of empire 2, age of empire 3. for those who are olds fashions. well... there are the most str i know like the back of my end. XD these divinity dragon commander maybe i would want to learn to the the max. oh and star wars empire at wars who has certains affinity with divinity:DC who is always pleasant to fight for the control of the galaxie on the stars map. the series might and magic: heroes i would always be ready if someones want to play but i'm not a expert. age of wonders 3 or the series i guess. just giving idea like that. but hum i got a heart fist for age of mythology.

I'd say the total war series is a pretty good bet.

well i was thinking about age of mythology, age of empire 2, age of empire 3. for those who are olds fashions. well... there are the most str i know like the back of my end. XD these divinity dragon commander maybe i would want to learn to the the max. oh and star wars empire at wars who has certains affinity with divinity:DC who is always pleasant to fight for the control of the galaxie on the stars map. the series might and magic: heroes i would always be ready if someones want to play but i'm not a expert. age of wonders 3 or the series i guess. just giving idea like that. but hum i got a heart fist for age of mythology.

I think i read somewhere the empire at war multiplayer is now perma-dead since they shut the servers down, which is a shame because i loved the space battles in it, especially the clone wars mod where there was thousands of droid fighters just getting churned out and republic capital ships blasting CIS frigates into tiny bits

Like I said in that other topic though, if enough of us are down for Empire at War, let me know and I'll make that guide!!

Like I said in that other topic though, if enough of us are down for Empire at War, let me know and I'll make that guide!!

I won't make any promises but if there is enough interest then we will definitely make events that include Empire at War. Feel free to make your guide to encourage others. 

Will do!

I recently got empire at war again via the humble bundle, would definitly be fun.    

I would also like to suggest Planetary annihilation and Company of heroes, and maybe some command and conquer. Those games are fairly good for tournament play and also very fun.

RazakelApollyon likes this