• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheSkrullReviewer

2014 the year of the buggy games, 2015 the year of the ?

24 posts in this topic

Yo everyone Jens here

My question for you all is, what is 2015 gonna be like? The year of more microtransactions in our games? more bugs? just broken games? Amazing graphics and gameplay? bugfree games?

Sincerely, Jens

Yo everyone Jens here

My question for you all is, what is 2015 gonna be like? The year of more microtransactions in our games? more bugs? just broken games? Amazing graphics and gameplay? bugfree games?

Sincerely, Jens

My guess is that 2015 will be the year of when pre-orders and dlc's as well as micro transactions reaches a new low. 

Forgewolf likes this

My guess is that 2015 will be the year of when pre-orders and dlc's as well as micro transactions reaches a new low. 

This sounds about right. Highly doubt devs (looking at you Ubisoft) are going to learn their lesson any time soon...

CivilizedOrc likes this

This sounds about right. Highly doubt devs (looking at you Ubisoft) are going to learn their lesson any time soon...

Learn their lesson? People STILL BUY their games with these over abundant issues! All this shows is that it will happen MORE often than before because someone will still buy it. Seems games are going through a time of absolute despair and it's only getting worse. I'm just going to stare at a wall after watching Joe's Most Disappointing video games of 2014 as 2015 looks even worse with Evolve being overblown with micro-transactions and planned DLC. H1Z1 was a red flag as well. Just wth is going on.  /rantover

~Eiousx

Puntosmx and Dyzzles like this

Hoping the down fall of FPS, to much of them for my taste, and I love FPS. More game types, creativity, better graphics, and the down fall of Micro Transactions. I hope 2015 will be amazing!

There is some great titles I'm looking forward to in 2015. 2014 was not such a great gaming year for me, haven't played that many games and barely enjoyed a few but there is Witcher 3, a title that's already been confirmed will be DLC-free and no microtransactions which is a great step. There is few more other games I'm looking forward to.

Microtransactions and buggy games will be a problem in many years to come I think so I doubt 2015 will be a big improvement in that area.

A year that continues the same bullcrap the industry still has not learned their lesson. A crash is the only way these morons will learn when it involves heavy losses to their bottom line.

Puntosmx likes this

This is going to be the year of difficult game of the year choices. Batman Arkham Knight, MGSV Phantom Pain, Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Persona 5, HOLY MOLY this year's going to be a wild ride when it comes to that!

If these games are delayed again to next year, I'll be so fucking pissed off.

Just like to add that 2014 is also the year of stupid ass gaming industry drama that doesn't need to happen, the year of surprisingly great small name and unexpected games, and the year of HD releases for past games. Don't believe me? Take a look at these re-releases:

Last of Us Remastered

Next gen GTAV

GTA San Andreas HD

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Final Mix

Final Fantasy X & X2

Resident Evil 4 HD

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Tomb Raider for next gen consoles

I think I missed a couple more but you get the point. What the hell happened this year with all of these re releases?

The year of remakes, chz remakes are growing in frequency more and more often, and people havent wuite rage desk chucked over it yet, if they dont in a year i dunno.

2015, the year when players kept hyping and preordering broken games.

Just a look at this forum heralds it, with people asking about the games they're anticipating and every freaking new preorder that comes out.

Maybe by 2020 gamers will wizen up a little and stop preordering.

Games will still be broken, though.

2015, the year when players kept hyping and preordering broken games.

Just a look at this forum heralds it, with people asking about the games they're anticipating and every freaking new preorder that comes out.

Maybe by 2020 gamers will wizen up a little and stop preordering.

Games will still be broken, though.

Thanfully I never preorder a game since 2011. The only game I preorder in my life is Deus Ex Human Revolution. Good thing that game's great.

Never pre order anything. Wait for the games release, watch how the game runs on youtube, and decide for yourself if you want the game or not. Why not many people do this I have no idea.

Ohhhh nooo, i remember! 2014 is also the year of UNNECESSARILY GIGANTIC GAME INSTALL REQUIREMENTS!! Wolfenstein, Titanfall, Alien Isolation, FARCRY 4, DRAGON AGE INQUISITION, EVIL WITHIN, i had to wait for 3 damn days just for these games to get installed to Steam, all because their size is 30 - 50 GB. My goodness me. I don't have a problem having storage because I can just uninstall games, but come on! Is it really necessary to have to wait 20 - 30 hours just to download a game?? Especially for people who has weak internet??

And now we started 2015 with the release of the Re-release of Resident Evil for Gamecube. Even though in the past this game is only 2 - 3 GB big in total for 2 gamecube disks, now it's 18GB!!! What??? Since when does it requires THAT MUCH SPACE???? Damn you unsorted audio files!!!

2015: year of even bigger hard disk space required to play a game, and even bigger for years to come. Gulp. Farewell my internet cap, you have to endure the amount of games I have to download. :(

Puntosmx likes this

I'd just wait for Steam Sales for anticipating games.

Glaice likes this

Yes! Please be this!!

2015: year of even bigger hard disk space required to play a game, and even bigger for years to come. Gulp. Farewell my internet cap, you have to endure the amount of games I have to download. :(

Totally. Now I have to get a new HDD. Thankfully TB is cheaper nowadays but still a pain.

It'll be the year of apologies. Lots of them. Most of them empty.

2015 is the year of the PS3! we will finally understand the full capability of it's power. :rolleyes:

What do I want for video games in 2015?

More female lead characters.

More PoC lead characters.

More nonbinary lead characters.

More LGBTQIAP+ characters.

More characters that are combinations of the above mentioned.

Hell, I'll even take them as NPCs, just more variety and less boring as paste white dudes.

Legolas_Katarn likes this

What do I want for video games in 2015?

More female lead characters.

More PoC lead characters.

Ditto.

But fully-fleshed, please.

I loved Tomb Raider (2013) because of the character development and portrayal of not only Lara, but also Reyes and Sam.

I loved San Andreas 'cause CJ was relatable and humane.

For the different sexualities I couldn't care less.

The idea of having them in the game isn't that relevant imo (I've had enough homosexuals and pansexuals in Sims2 and 3), and the idea of having the game throw it on my face just to earn an "inclusive game" stamp at the front is not worth it.

Dyzzles likes this

Obviously if you follow the Japanese Calender like I do then it is the year of giant mechs fighting the endless swarms of kaiju that will undoubtedly spring from the ocean depths in the new year.

Or just another year of shitty video games... either way.

Dyzzles likes this

Obviously if you follow the Japanese Calender like I do then it is the year of giant mechs fighting the endless swarms of kaiju that will undoubtedly spring from the ocean depths in the new year.

Or just another year of shitty video games... either way.

Wait. We've been having lots of dating sims coming from Japan.

How many years are we late according to japanese gaming trends? Like 10?

Wait. We've been having lots of dating sims coming from Japan.

How many years are we late according to japanese gaming trends? Like 10?

I'm not sure, but for the longest time there was a rumour persisting that we had gotten Kingdom Hearts 3 like a decade before it's actual release. Of course they've also said that it's been in development hell since Kingdom Hearts 2 so I'm not really sure what to believe any more...